OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Broken Tasco Scope. Parts?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awdeychamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Broken Tasco Scope. Parts?
    Posted: March/05/2008 at 12:28
Background Info: I have a tasco World Class 3-9x50 rifle scope. Last summer i went out to sight in my rifle and when going to adjust the windage the entire adjuster came off. The small thing you click was now stuck inside the cap, to add to it, the threads were broken off in several peices. I mailed it in and they returned it, all the pieces the same and said the particular scope had been discontinued. The only thing wrong with the scope is the missing adjustment peice.

Q: Is there any place i could look for a replacement part?
Q: Or do i have to throw it all away?

Thanks
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2008 at 12:33
I broke a Tasco world class 3-9x40 and when i called Bushnell to get it fixed they wanted $40 to do it.  I said I can buy a new one for that, she said when then I would buy the new one.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2008 at 13:14
New 3-9x40 World Class right now in Ontario is $55 - throw it out & get a better scope.
God save the Empire!
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2008 at 13:44

If you pay with peanuts, you end up with monkeys!

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
awdeychamp View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awdeychamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2008 at 16:03

Thanks for the answers.... even though none of them were a direct answers, i do love riddles . . .

Thanks
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2008 at 16:10
Bushnell does Tasco repairs so I would call them.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2008 at 16:43

There is a Tasco World class on the Samplelist with a pair of 8X21 binocular for $45 This may be a good deal for you. #3345 on the samplelist

Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2008 at 18:43
             Cool    Sounds to me like you got all the good out of that Tasco scope.  You can use it as a paperweight now and get yourself another scope.   --Ed
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2008 at 20:51
I do know of two people who have Taso world class scopes and they seem to enjoy them, without any problems.  I'm sure there are thousands of these scopes mounted on rifles without problems.  Its your choice if you want to try another one, but I wouldn't invest the time or money trying to have it repaired.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2008 at 21:03
the old saying--more to repair than to buy a new one--probably applies here
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic