OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leupold reticle change cost

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leupold reticle change cost
    Posted: March/21/2008 at 09:36
Does anyone have experience with the costs involved in sending, for example, a VXIII back to Leupold to have a different reticle installed?  I don't know if its better to do this or just get another scope. 
I'm considering a German #4 reticle installed on my 2.5-8 x 36.  what does everyone think?
Nic K. View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic K. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2008 at 09:57
The german #4 will cost 59.99 as will all the other basic reticles, duplex, post duplex, target dot ect.  Custom BDC reticles are 69.99, Boone & Crockets are 109.99, and the TMR and Mil Dot are 159.99.  We also don't charge shipping for custom shop work so those are the actual prices.  Right now is a good time to send product in, turnaround time is just a couple of days.
OK hunter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2008 at 10:26
Thanks so much.  Would it be helpful to call Beaverton and make sure I'm sending it to the right dept?  What are the procedures?
Nic K. View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic K. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2008 at 10:36

Here is what you should write on the box:

Leupold & Stevens
ATTN: Product Services
14400 N.W. Greenbrier Pkwy.
Beaverton OR 97006

Include a note stating your contact info, what you sent, and what services you want.  You can send a check or when we recieve the scope we can call you for a credit card#.  Its also a good idea to insure your package.
OK hunter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2008 at 10:57
Perfect.  It'll be next week before I can get it going but will do so.
Thanks again.Yippee
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2008 at 11:26
Originally posted by OK hunter OK hunter wrote:

Perfect.  It'll be next week before I can get it going but will do so.
Thanks again.Yippee

I have to say, the service is fast!! I had a reticle change a couple of years ago with Leupold and got the scope back within a week from when they received it. I live on the West coast so that help in the speedy delivery. Smile
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Big Squeeze View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
GOOGLE NINJA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Squeeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2008 at 11:33
Originally posted by OK hunter OK hunter wrote:

Does anyone have experience with the costs involved in sending, for example, a VXIII back to Leupold to have a different reticle installed?  I don't know if its better to do this or just get another scope. 
I'm considering a German #4 reticle installed on my 2.5-8 x 36.  what does everyone think?
...................................I never have owned a #4 reticle! Thought that I would give this reticle a try. I do have a new 1.5-5x20 VX3 with the German #4 on its way to me from SWFA! Maybe here today!Yippee
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic