OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Laser Rangefinders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leica crf 1200

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leica crf 1200
    Posted: March/21/2008 at 12:21
Well I got to put my range finder to some good use a few weeks back at a rifle class I took. I successfully ranged human upper torso sized targets out past 1200 over and over again.   You had to hold it very steady at those distances but it worked great.  It was very fast at reading and changing from target to target. 

One thing I discovered was that it works so good it will just sent a reading back if you just hit the ground at over 600 yards.  I was trying to range a target that was about 440 and I got a reading at 650 something and I was like what the heck.  So it works so good you have to be careful to make sure you are actually getting a reading on the target you are intending and not something around it.

It also worked great in a spotter role for calling out targets to the shooter and calling out hits and corrections.  The glass is so good and clear that can play the role of a bino or monocular very well. 

I highly recommend it and don't think you can go wrong with it.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2008 at 14:42
Ditto  Ditto  Ditto
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic