OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Optic Reviews and Tests > Member's Tests and Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Swarovski 8x30 Laserguide

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swarovski 8x30 Laserguide
    Posted: April/22/2008 at 09:05

I have had the pleasure to test drive this item. Before I ever ranged anything I walked around just looking at things with the glass. It is very nice bright and clear. When I began to range things it was still good glass but if you moved your head from the eye cup the least little bit you would loose sight of the numbers. I also noticed that when the numbers are laminated there is some orange confetti/splash are the outer part of the display. At first this took away from my POI until I just ignored it after a few times of use. I ranged small things out to 800yards with ease and larger things out to 1437 yards. I feel this is a great item to have. The weight wasn’t bad of holding it all day. The closes I ranged anything was 11 yards on a white door.

Subdivision I ranged garage doors out to 400+ yards and the top of houses out to 800+ yards. I also ranged a power pole at 400+ 

The city I ranged building from another rooftop the ranges were from 300yards out to 1437yards but no picture . The 1437 was a one time thing. I guess I held everything just right.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2008 at 09:08
A few more ...

Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2008 at 09:11

This is a great item.I will have one of my own one day. very nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is very user friendly and durable.

Edited by Bigdaddy0381 - April/22/2008 at 09:15

Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2008 at 11:11
Excellent post BD thanks for the pics. Kudos
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2008 at 13:52
Yeah I like the Swarovski, but a bigger fan of the Leica.

Great pics!Super

Edited by Stephanie - April/22/2008 at 13:52
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2008 at 17:30
Originally posted by Stephanie Stephanie wrote:

Yeah I like the Swarovski, but a bigger fan of the Leica.

Great pics!Super

Me too!!
I like what SHE likes......Yippee

Great review, Daddy! Nice pics of Hotlanta too......Bandito
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2008 at 03:51
Thanks BigDaddy, nice report and pics.
Now get out of your assassin gear, head out of the city, put on your hunting camo and go and range some bears, moose, prairie dogs and the like......

(only joking bro)
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2008 at 08:30
Thanks it was fun doing it. you wouldn't belive all the crap I had to sneak thru to get on top of the building. After the VT thing security around here is tight. I only seen one police helo (getto bird) the whole hour I was up there.I wanted to range him but I thought that might not be such a great idea and all.

8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2008 at 08:42
So you being an urban sniper is not so far fetched, with you ranging all those windows......

(still joking bro!)
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2008 at 08:49
I plead the 5th.
 It was some good recon no dobut If it will ever be needed. the only problem I might have is the angles.The distance wouldn't be that bad.The wind blows from the same way all the time in the city  the buildings funnle it one way.

tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2008 at 18:03
I have to tell you Bigdaddy, I've read a lot of reviews around here in the last few years. There has been a lot of good ones, for sure. Yours was a treat, very nice pics. The pictures did a lot of talking, excellent!

Doug
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2008 at 18:10
Thanks,I'm still tryin to get the things that are running thru my head on paper.So I went with a picture is worth 1000 words.

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2008 at 18:12
Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

I have to tell you Bigdaddy, I've read a lot of reviews around here in the last few years. There has been a lot of good ones, for sure. Yours was a treat, very nice pics. The pictures did a lot of talking, excellent!

Doug

I concur!! Thunbs%20Up
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2008 at 18:14
Thanks It means alot comeing from ya'll/ I know ya'll are tough and very critical of things like this.

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2008 at 17:48
I am extremely impressed with your review, great job BigDaddy.  The pictures are awesome and accurately portray the fading display that occurs when your eye is not exactly behind the eye piece.

Thunbs%20Up
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2008 at 07:57
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

I am extremely impressed with your review, great job BigDaddy.  The pictures are awesome and accurately portray the fading display that occurs when your eye is not exactly behind the eye piece.

Thunbs%20Up

Glad ya'll like it. I wish the splattering around the readout would have showed up but it didn’t, But it was fun doing it.

Thanks CHRIS for giving us the opportunity to play with all these great items. You da man.

AKA BOSS HOG.

Edited by Bigdaddy0381 - April/25/2008 at 08:10

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic