OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

How Many Hours Do you Work?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Many Hours Do you Work?
    Posted: April/24/2008 at 17:12
   Wondering here as I get ready for work, how many of ya'll still only work a 40 hr. work week? I don't know of to many anymore. I work about 55 hrs. myself, but there are a few weeks throughout the year that are close to 60.  Horse%20Poop 
If you don't want to stand behind our troops, then we will gladly have you stand in front of them.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2008 at 18:25
42.5 on average but this is my retirement job so I can get another retirement check.Oh%20Yea%20Baby
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2008 at 18:31
i usally work 60+ a week during the summer and fall and late spring but late fall through winter i may not work at all, i havent ever sat down and figured out how many hours it would equal a week if i figured on 52 weeks with the hours i work in 9 months
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2008 at 18:54
40 HRS- 4 10'S with alternate 2 and 4 day weekends. Big%20Smile I usually don't work overtime except during our annual 2 week outage or unless there is an emergency.

Edited by HuntMaster - April/24/2008 at 18:56
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2008 at 19:04
The only thing consistent with my work schedule, is inconsistency. Whacko

I try to shoot for 9 hours a day, UNLESS I've got a big concrete pour to ram rod, then it's more like 13-15 hours a day.
45 hours a week minimum, most weeks are around 50 or better.

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2008 at 19:46
Is the question how many hours I actually work or how many hours I'm "AT" work? Loco
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2008 at 20:04
Work for a Finance Co... End up working about 60 hr.s a week plus 2 Saturdays a month...
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2008 at 20:41

Never work less than 40, usually 50 or so.  We're pretty busy now, around 58-64 the last month or so.

I work in a structural steel shop, with an adjoining shop "sister company" that manufactures tillage equipment for farmers. The welders in that shop have been putting in 66 hours a week since last September with no end in sight.  The demand for ethanol and the resulting high corn prices have demand for agricultural tillage tools absolutely soaring.

mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2008 at 01:07
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Is the question how many hours I actually work or how many hours I'm "AT" work? Loco

Yea same here ... on my last 6 months before full retirement ... big boss lets me loaf ... god love her .... she's a woman .... much prettier than that old ... bald ... fat guy that retired last year . I can't imagine all that honey tongue  I give her helped ....  yes flattery will get you everywhere !!  Trust%20Me   I used to work 3 jobs ... aircraft assembly ...A-10's and f-14-f16's .. 2 side jobs of mine . Wore out quick .
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2008 at 07:23
Like RifleDude's take.

Now that I am "retired"  I am at work for 40 hrs per week.  With luck only "work" 20 or less!

Retirement has not turned out like I planned - damn my misspent youth.
God save the Empire!
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2008 at 08:22

At my day job I work a normal 40 with over time from time to time. Next week I will have 70 hours in a 40 hours week. I’ll be graduating 2,100 students at the Ga Dome so it gets to be long hours.

Then I work at the gun shop 5 hours a night usually 8pm to 1 pm and sleep 3 or 4 hours and back to my day job again at 5am.

Now for side work I do streamers and flags at car dealer ship with an uncle, Do some light electrical work mainly changing out light fixtures and chandlers in the rich part of the neighborhood.

When I’m not doing anything else and traveling I have a few friends that own the own companies so I try to work them up new business, But I do this for free I just enjoy meet all the people while doing it.

With all of this I still sit down with my wife and boys and have dinner at the dinner table and to my chores around the house.

I don’t think I do to bad to be so dang lazy.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
mwyates View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2008 at 10:11
I work 50 hours a week, or so.  Not all of these are in the office: I can do some stuff at home.
No man on his deathbed ever said "I wish I'd made more money".
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2008 at 12:31
Damn BD - will all that work I'm surprised you had enough time to produce any boys!
God save the Empire!
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2008 at 13:15

I have had schedules like that since I was 15. I would go to school then go to football/wrestling/baseball then to work untill am hours then home and back at it again.

Its getting harder to do as I get older.If is sit still for to long I fall asleep.So I'm always on the go.Most people don't get me because i'm high strung and wide open all the time. 
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2008 at 16:36
Presently I am putting in about 80 to 100 hours a week. I got home last night at 3:00 am and back to the day job at 7:00 am today. I will work this weekend as well.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2008 at 17:36
I usually work about 55 hours a week, as a Trim Carpenter.  Not alot of hours but I'm usaully away from home about 6-7 months a year.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
yellowdog View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2008 at 18:47
 Bigdaddy & cyborg... slackers, if it's one thing I can't stand in this world, it's a slacker!  cyborg, what are you going to do, sleep your life away?

Edited by yellowdog - April/25/2008 at 18:48
If you don't want to stand behind our troops, then we will gladly have you stand in front of them.
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2008 at 18:48
Originally posted by cyborg cyborg wrote:

Presently I am putting in about 80 to 100 hours a week. I got home last night at 3:00 am and back to the day job at 7:00 am today. I will work this weekend as well.

Lord Cyborg ... I was like that years ago ... as stated had 3 jobs .... worked great until they found me laying in the yard one day ... doc said stop it ... or jack up my life insurance ... Shocked
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2008 at 19:12
50-80, 80 right now
I always make time for this great place!
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2008 at 23:08
45-60 depending on the week.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic