OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris FF II new RLS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vgmhunor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris FF II new RLS
    Posted: April/29/2008 at 18:26
I am on the market for a reasonably priced illuminated dot reticle scope. Burris has introduced a new Lighted Reticle System where the battery is housed on the turret. The 3-9X40 ill. dot model particularly tickles my fancy. I was wondering whether any of you gentleman had a chance to look through one of these? They claim the new dimming mechanism to be so precise that it doesn't wash out the image behind it
vgmhunor View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vgmhunor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2008 at 18:03
Obviously no one have seen the RLS. What about the older Electro-Dot scopes? I presume the RLS is as good or better than the one it replaces.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2008 at 19:27
Nobody HERE seen this scope and can help this Gent out?!?!? Shocked
Where's all the Burris Floosies these days??
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2008 at 19:33
I am a big Burris fan, but I don't have one with the LRS yet.  Am going to get the XTR with it here soon.  Then I can give a review on it.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2008 at 12:42
 My Nikon Monarch IR does'nt wipe anything out in any circumstances . Plus the dual color red/green is great ! It's the mil-dot .... with thick bars leading to the dots in the center ... best of all 3 worlds .... would'nt trade it for anything .... debating buying another just like it for my 308 . This one's going on my 30-06 .... if I ever get all the right components delivered . I think Nikon had it perfected ... but I think they eliminated it now to make more profit ... consumers loss ! 
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2008 at 18:38
All I can add is I have a Euro 1.5-6 with the german #4 and the switch/battery is on the turret

it's a nice scope and I have compared it directly against my Kahles CL and a Conquest in low light

it's going on my 6.8 upper
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2008 at 18:43
Any specifics on the comparison?
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2008 at 20:03
not really..
other than the obvious maginfication differences
the Kahles is tops, the conquest next and the burris last
but, not BIG differences
the Euro diamond is nice glass
I wanted a lit reticle low powered, but more than 4 on top and without spending a ton

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic