OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

7mm rem mag length action... which scope

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2008 at 08:29

Could you give the outside to outside ring measurement on your rifle? I've got a list of scopes and their max ring spaceing specs. One scope that just comes to mind(cause I bought one)is the VXlll 1.75-6x32 @ 11.3oz w/5.4" of mnting space. That's one FINE looking rifle in one of the best calibers out there by the way!!

til later
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2008 at 16:09
That is indeed one fine rig ya got there, Sako!!!Thunbs%20Up
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Mojo View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman
All Mojo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2008 at 17:27
My hunting buddy has a Vari- X III  2.5-8 X36 on his Remington 700 BDL, 7 Mag. with a one piece base.  Are the VX and Vari-X the exact dimensions?

mojo
MOJO
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2008 at 19:09
       From what my catalogs show all dimensions are the same except that my 85 catalog doesn't give the tube length. Just guessing but I'd say they're identical dimensionally.

til later
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2008 at 19:18
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

My hunting buddy has a Vari- X III  2.5-8 X36 on his Remington 700 BDL, 7 Mag. with a one piece base.  Are the VX and Vari-X the exact dimensions?

mojo

The one piece Leupold base puts the rear ring farther forward than the two piece bases. Like Mojo mentioned, the one piece is a viable option versus two piece bases. A lot of folks don't mind the bridge over the receiver opening.
The rails are really good if you want a one piece. They allow a variety of ring spacing options.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2008 at 13:05

Not wanting to be a pain in the butt, but for 3.5 oz. I would leave it alone. It LOOKS terrific. Heck, just leave TWO rounds out of the magazine!! Bucky  and save 3 oz.!! (  Chair%20Hit)    HA!

SAKO75 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAKO75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2008 at 19:39
measured it today and a VX-III 2.5-8x36 will work!
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2008 at 19:43
Excellent! That is a good choice in a hunting scope.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic