OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Millett TRS 1 tactical scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddeer04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Millett TRS 1 tactical scope
    Posted: May/14/2008 at 05:10
Hello does anyone own this scope.? If so what are they like for accuracy wise.? Also what is the glass like.?

What are the millett scopes like all round.

A rating would be good out of 5 on the ? i asked.
Thanks for everyone,s advice
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2008 at 12:40
I don know about the all around Millett scopes, but I have 2 or the TRS-1 scopes and 1 of the LRS-1 scopes  I think they are a bargain for the money. The glass is better than I expected and the adjustments are good. The new TRS-1 are better than the first ones. Several members of this forum have the scopes and in general are happy with them.

Duce Big%20Smile 
Duce
tbartley View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbartley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2008 at 17:18
I'm a big proponent of these particular Millett products. Millett has been improving these since their inception and the customer service at Millett is as good as I've dealt with. I have two of the TRS-1 scopes and they're great, but as stated before in so many places...it depends on the particular application for the scope you're going to use as to which scope you choose (hey that rhymes). Big%20Smile 

Great "bang for the buck". You will find opinions for and against. Hope this helps.
1badf350 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1badf350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2008 at 09:42
Just took my TRS-1 on a praire dog hunt. It was awesome and I had zero problems.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2008 at 10:10
"Zero problems" can mean a few different things, be aware.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2008 at 10:14
I have one and like it alot, not an IOR by any means, but has been a very reliable piece of equipment. There are some of us that have them, and appreciate them.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2008 at 07:54
   Get%20Your%20Popcorn%20Ready ................
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
1badf350 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1badf350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2008 at 06:36
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

"Zero problems" can mean a few different things, be aware.
LOL, I had to read my post several times to see what you meant. I see it now.
What I was saying is that the scope performed fantastically and that I had no problems.
I did not have "zero" problems.Big%20Grin
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2008 at 09:18
Important clarification, just trying to be thorough - and an ass.  
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
LSO1117 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LSO1117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2008 at 14:50
I had one and really liked it.  Wish I hadn't sold it. Getting ready to order another one.
"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
Theodore Roosevelt
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2008 at 15:03
Welcome LSO to the OT.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
LSO1117 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LSO1117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2008 at 18:11
Thanks, glad to be here.  I've lurked around here for some time but just now got around to registering.
"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
Theodore Roosevelt
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2008 at 18:13
Originally posted by LSO1117 LSO1117 wrote:

Thanks, glad to be here.  I've lurked around here for some time but just now got around to registering.

Welcome aboard, Sir!
LSO1117 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LSO1117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2008 at 18:43
Thanks again.  I've been on snipershide.com for a long time and have learned alot over there.  I'm sure I will here as well.  I've had numerous rifles and scopes over the last few years and recently sold most of them to fund a custom built M40A1 rifle from a good friend of mine who builds some awsome rifles. It has a MK4 4.5-14X50 with a USMC mil dot reticle.  This rifle shoots much better than I can and I will be using it when I attend a 2 week police sniper/observer class in August.  I just purchased an Armalite AR-10A4 just for hunting  and fun and just ordered a Millett TRS-1 for it.  Here's a pic of my M40A1 if you would like to see it.
Thanks again,
Chuck
Theodore Roosevelt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2008 at 18:45

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2008 at 18:47
Nice stick!

I saw a fella just today that hangs out on SH picking up a Surgeon "Scalpel" model rifle from a store in Charlotte, NC.  
LSO1117 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LSO1117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2008 at 19:56
Thanks,  I all but slept with it for the first month I had it.  How do you post the whole picture instead of just the link? I've never been able to figure that out!  I feel like I've hijacked this guy's post so I'll say again, I think the Millett TRS-1's are a hell of a scope for the money.
Theodore Roosevelt
phillychavez View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillychavez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/03/2008 at 22:42
Originally posted by LSO1117 LSO1117 wrote:

How do you post the whole picture instead of just the link? I've never been able to figure that out!

.............from Photobucket paste the IMG Code, not the Direct Link

mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2008 at 15:37
 My wife won't let me sleep with any guns anymore ... ever since I shot and killed our Serta mattress .... long story ... man what a big black powder burnt hole ....  Whistling
One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic