OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New rig.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New rig.
    Posted: May/23/2008 at 13:33
Finally have taken pictures of my Weatherby Vanguard from the custom shop with a Black/Gray laminate stock and ss barrel and action with a gun metal gray Leupold VX-III 4.5x14 40mm rifle scope with suprise, Warne base and Warne QD rings, done in black.  Here are the pictures.  Hope you like them.

Edited by Dolphin - May/23/2008 at 13:37
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2008 at 13:55

THAT is a very nice looking rig, making me jealous Dolphin!

Bet she shoots as good as she looks.

God save the Empire!
Charlie-bolted View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie-bolted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2008 at 14:08

cool gun, what cal? 

is there a brown tint at the grip and mid-fore end (makes for a more realistic feel)? or is it just me?  either way very nice, marrying of the components is very good.

good hunting.
some days we just get stuck and bogged down, Some days all u can do is smile and wait for someone to kindly remove your butt from the hole you find it wedged into.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2008 at 14:09
VERY sharp looking rig there, Dolphin!Thunbs%20Up

How does she shoot?
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2008 at 14:11
"a ting uh beauty" (Mick, scene from Rocky III).
That is SHARP. Wow.
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2008 at 14:15
Very nice rig Dolphin!  Excellent

Where did you get the stock? It looks like a Richard's. I've used their stocks often and have always been pleased. Did the custom shop do the checkering? Looks like it will go 8+lbs. easy, what cal. is it?

Edited by Sgt. D - May/23/2008 at 14:32
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2008 at 14:22
Very nice looking rig there, Dolphin. Wish the pics were a little bigger, say 750 X 650ish or so. Good luck with er

Roy
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2008 at 15:04
Very nice, D.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2008 at 15:49
dude that things sick ridiculous! i like it man sharp.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
rkingston View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkingston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2008 at 16:02
Nice looking gun. I sure would like to hear the details on that stock. I have a 25 year old Vanguard I bought when I was a kid and the stock is still almost perfect on it. I'm about half scared to hunt with it. But if I had that laminant .....................................
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2008 at 18:58
Stock came with it --right ?? I've only seen a few like that . Hendershots( Hendershots.net ) out in Hancock , MD carries them every now and then. They are really good looking guns ... Congrats !!
If someone is looking for  laminate stock for a Vanguard -- try boyds( http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/default.htm ) or accurate innovations ( http://www.accurateinnovations.com/). Boyds make them for the Howa,  that manufactures the Vanguards for Weatherby. Legacy Sports ( Howa ) also lists them on their website.

Edited by martin3175 - May/25/2008 at 08:43
bricat View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bricat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2008 at 00:51
That  baby looks like she's ready to launch!!!
Jeff H. View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2008 at 08:45
very nice!
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2008 at 08:50
I apologize for the pics. I had my aperture setting at around 22 and should have had it at the fastest setting to limit the depth of field. Its a 257 Wby. magnum and the stock came from the Wby. custom shop. They don't even list it on there website. The checkering was done by them. I assume they purchased the stock from another vendor, as it looks very much like the special addition Remington in the same caliber. Yes, there is some brown in the pistol grip, really blends well. And yes, I wish I could post higher resolution pics, as they were taken with a Nikon D80 at 10 megapixals. By the time you upload to photobucket and tranfer to OT, you lose a lot. The original pics show absolute detail to the max. Oh well. I will try to post some pics of my 673 guide, 6.5 Rem. mag. and 700 BDL 375 RUM. One more thing, I have loaded 20 cartridges with Wby. brass, 117 grain Sierra gamekings with 66.7 grain of H4850 powder and Magtech 250 large rifle magnum primers. Overall chamber length was 3.30 inches and cartridges loaded ar 3.28 inches, but using the measuring bullet to reference off of a comparator gauge to make the final OAL. Bottom line, I have not shot it yet. Will keep you posted and provide pics of the targets, that is if stellar. Provided target from the factory was a slightly less than 1 inch 3 shot group at 100 yards.

Edited by Dolphin - May/25/2008 at 15:24
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2008 at 11:33
Very nice indeed. I've always liked decent laminated stocks. Great caliber too. Congrats!
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2008 at 11:42
Gorgeous rifle, Dolphin.  Love the colors.  First time I have seen a gun metal scope on a rifle.  Looks great! Thunbs%20Up
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2008 at 15:25
Once I saw the scope, I knew it had to go on this rifle.
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2008 at 03:16
Very nice rifle. Looking forward to the range results. Those laminated stocks can look good, and you have a very nice stock. Enjoy it!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2008 at 20:21
i want one just like it, and i mean just like it, im scared to know what it cost though
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic