OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Which state would you choose for big game hunting?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Which state would you choose for big game hunting?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Poll Question: Which state would you choose for big game hunting?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [25.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
9 [37.50%]
3 [12.50%]
2 [8.33%]
1 [4.17%]
3 [12.50%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meat head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2008 at 22:17
hi Howdyi picked louisiana cause thats where i hunt i deer hunted in texas once an it was good but i dont no bout other states hunting but in louisiana you can hunt deers hogs varmits doves ducks turkys coons an i probley forgeting some stuff an oh ya even gators an fishing hears not bad ether they call louisiana sportmans pardise
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2008 at 05:10
They also have a mosquito season..........Bandito
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2008 at 07:40
Heck Guys,
Anywhere is good just to be in the woods, DEET 30 works for the little vampires.  But I choose Montana too.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
flcooler View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flcooler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2008 at 14:24
I was torn between Montana and New Mexico, but in the end i had to go with   Montana . Suites my passion for hunting better. Iowa and Illinois was missing from list.
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2008 at 16:18
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Originally posted by Roy Finn Roy Finn wrote:

Well, if I had to live there, I'd probably opt for Montana. I love hunting big whitetails and they have that, not to mention eveything else available.

Ah, yes, the Milk River offers world class whitetail hunting!

On the "doable" Alaskan chick question... that might sway me from making the move, but then again, I can't say I've ever seen any confirmed Alaskan chicks to make that call.

OTOH, I do believe that singer Jewel is from Alaska, and she looks pretty good to me...
I goofed on this post  Whacko  Duce

Edited by Duce - June/24/2008 at 16:22
Duce
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2008 at 16:21
Doable chick from Alaska??? have you seen their Governor a former beauty queen and still a fox.

Duce  Big%20Smile
Duce
ba_50 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ba_50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2008 at 18:08
Well let's see, I flew 65 miles out of anchorage and killed a moose one year. Game was few and far between. If you threw an airplane in on the deal I would consider Alaska. Couldn't get around there without one. I wasn't impressed with it and would take BC over Alaska.

Lived in Wyoming for over 1 year and it was ok. I think Montana might be a better hunting state.

Never really looked around New Mexico, but the weather would be more moderate than up north. Not sure, but I would guess most of the better elk hunting is on private ground and expensive.

Montana I guess.

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2008 at 18:10
Like helo I was torn between Montana and Alaska, but I think it would be easier and cheeper to live in Montana.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
sakomato View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakomato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2008 at 22:47
Originally posted by meat head meat head wrote:

hi Howdyi picked louisiana cause thats where i hunt i deer hunted in texas once an it was good but i dont no bout other states hunting but in louisiana you can hunt deers hogs varmits doves ducks turkys coons an i probley forgeting some stuff an oh ya even gators an fishing hears not bad ether they call louisiana sportmans pardise

Hey meat head, you forgot possums!  Big%20Grin
Guns only have 2 enemies, rust and politicians
Jeff H. View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/2008 at 06:20

hi Howdy...i they call louisiana sportmans pardise

then ohio must be sportsman's hell! there is *no* big game (read whitetail deer) rifle season here :(

but i'm not bitter :P
Jeff H. View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/2008 at 06:22
Originally posted by ba_50 ba_50 wrote:

Well let's see, I flew 65 miles out of anchorage and killed a moose one year. Game was few and far between.

yeah i did hear that population densities of game in alaska are relatively low. surprising!
Jeff H. View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/2008 at 06:24
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

...I think it would be...cheeper to live in Montana.

i did read that the cost of living in alaska is fairly high.
Jeff H. View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/2008 at 06:27
Originally posted by sakomato sakomato wrote:

hi Howdy...in louisiana you can hunt deers hogs varmits doves ducks turkys coons...an...gators...

Hey meat head, you forgot possums!  Big%20Grin

yeah - but watch out for their guts! ;)
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2008 at 09:26
Some picts around and in anchorage
:You can find just about any animal close to the city dump around the towns

Duce  Smile
Duce
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2008 at 11:29
I picked Montana because it also has wonderful upland hunting and I hope to get an upland grandslam in one day during my lifetime! 

Great Poll!
take em!
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2008 at 14:04
Why don't WE ALL get our ATVs ( or go buy some) and our John Deere lawn tractors and ALL move to Pinedale, Wyoming!!   Shocked
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2008 at 15:07
If you were living in Alaska now as a resident and married you would be getting your $1200 from the feds and $2400 from the state of Alaska sharing in oil revenue. I don't think Texas or Oklahoma every sent any money back to the citizens, I could be wrong on that I only lived in Texas for a couple of years.  You could take the week off to go hunting
Duce  Smile
Duce
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2008 at 15:12
...I won $20 once in the Texas Lottery............Bandito
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2008 at 15:30
.....I have forgotten what thread I'm on.....................Whatever
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2008 at 16:07
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

.....I have forgotten what thread I'm on.....................Whatever
Ed, The NUT BRA, it doesn't wear like a hat........Bandito
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic