OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Konus scopes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Konus scopes
    Posted: July/24/2008 at 10:27
Hi,
I was doing a research about Konus scopes and found absolutely nothing about them. Any info would be appreciated.

Slip
noluv View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noluv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2008 at 11:07
Think they are some thing to do with meota, not 100% but give meopa ago and see if there on there site
noluv View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noluv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2008 at 11:08
meopta sorry key board messin about

slip View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2008 at 12:02
Thanks for the reply Noluv. Still I would like to hear what you guys think about Konus scopes.

BayouBuck View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayouBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2008 at 09:26

Set up a 308 HAndi and a Konus 3x12 44 Lit redicule for a kid who didi not have that much money less than $300 for the package. After sight-in the gun stayed set all last season with a 15 year old carring it in and out of the woods, It was not the best scope I had seen but it was alot better than a tasco or cheap simmons. I did like the cross hairs, they were very fine I have thought about buying one for a 10/22 I have put together. 

slip View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2008 at 12:33
That's very interesting. I looked trough one of their 10x50 scopes, no fuzzy edges , very bright for the price :D. Perhaps I would give one a go. Also I will try to obtain one of their M30 scopes. Someone told me they are better than Millett.
Thanks for the input BayouBuck
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2008 at 13:13
I phoned and spoke with Konus distribution.   The scopes are mostly constructed in China, perhaps some are made in Phillipines.  They did not know a lot about the product they sell, or were unwilling to disclose.  Purchase at your own risk.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
slip View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2008 at 17:13
Thats interesting info Kickboxer. When you say Konus distribution you mean Konus USA (www.konususa.com), right?

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2008 at 17:16
Roger that.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
slip View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2008 at 18:58
Thanks man. It's really sad to hear they have no clue who make the scopes they sell. I mean, thats so unprofessional.

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2008 at 19:01
That is what I thought. If you are going to sell something, you should at least be able to answer basic questions about it.

Brooks View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2008 at 08:53
I picked one up, a Konus 3-10x44 illuminated and am very surprised and pleased with the quality.  It is very clear and at 10x seems very comparable to my SS. 

The buyer reviews posted on a web page from the middle of the USA are very positive.  One guy claimed the new 30mm model he bought was the equal to his Nightforce!

From the research I've done, Konus is a company in northern Italy and components are manufactured there and they use Schott glass.  Assembly is done in China "under strict quality standards".

I bought the riflescope because I was so impressed with the Konus Spotter and predict success if-------SWFA would market them.

I'm no optics expert but guys implying that this brand is nothing but Chinese junk haven't seen or used it.

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2008 at 09:33
I have NOT seen or used it, got my information from the distributor who said most were made in China, but some might be made in Phillipines. That was all they knew about "Konus scopes". For me, not a risk I would want to take.

I am glad yours was a good investment. I have been lucky on some purchases similar to that.

Konus sells lots of "stuff" not just rifle scopes.

ugzkmk View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ugzkmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2008 at 12:18
I have a Konus M30 4.5 x 16 mounted on a Cooper Model 21 and I can honestly say it is one of the best scopes I have ever used. The clarity is up there with Burris, Sightron and Leupold
slip View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2008 at 14:42
How long do you have your Konus scope? Tell us more about click's and if the reticle is true at distances you shoot. Also, I'm wondering about internals of the scope? Are they "metal to metal" or Konus use plastic internals? Sorry for asking so many questions. I'm very interested in buying this scope. Thanks

Slip
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2008 at 17:45

Yes, more info. 

ugzkmk View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ugzkmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2008 at 18:22
I've had it about 3 months. It has 1/8 inch clicks and the turrets can be locked down after zeroing. The internals are metal to metal. I shoot at distances up to 525 yards and have never encountered a problem so far using the mil-dot reticle and turrents to make adjustments. I would recommend it to anyone. It came with a sunshade Butler Creek flip up lens covers. The reticle is blue when illuminated and is a lot better to use than the standard red and green you get with other scopes. I just bought another Konus for my 22 mag, the Konuspro 6 x 24 x44 with 30/30 reticle and it may not have all the features or the M30 but it is just as clear.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2008 at 20:10

Thank you for the details.  Blue illum reticle sounds interesting.  What caliber is the Cooper? 

ugzkmk View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ugzkmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2008 at 12:55
I have one in .222 Remington and one in 22-250, both single shot
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2008 at 18:48
Originally posted by ugzkmk ugzkmk wrote:

I have one in .222 Remington and one in 22-250, both single shot

OK... that is the reason I asked. The Cooper 21, I believe, comes in .17 and .22 calibers. That is OK and the fact that the Konus does well with those calibers is OK as well. However, that does not imply it will perform well on higher calibers. I have been through a number of "less expensive" (after a while "cheap scopes" get expensive... it adds up) scopes that did well on below .30 caliber rifles and then fell apart on .30 and above. It is good to know that the scope has performed well for you in the limited range you have used it. Until you "test" it on some big bangers, please caveat your praise. You don't want to be the cause of someone with limited funds investing in a scope that will not perform on their rifle. My much maligned NcStar has been on .220 Swift, 30-06,   and 7mmMag... it is still holding zero and allowing me to shoot as well as I and the rifle can perform. I do not expect longevity, though, and would NOT recommend it for someone who intended to shoot above .22 cal. Perhaps not even for .22 cal...
It may have just been permanently retired.
I wish you continued success and "always in the 10 ring".
Good shooting.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic