OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Konus scopes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2008 at 19:54
Hey Slip kako si?

I suspect, and i could be wrong here, that Konus are manuufactured by the same plant that make Millet.  They look almost identical with very similar features.

I will try and confirm this when i next speak with the sales rep from the Chinese manufacturer and let you guys know.
Always learning
Delta View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2008 at 21:53
OK the Konus are not handled by the same factory as Millet.
Always learning
slip View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2008 at 02:41
Originally posted by Delta Delta wrote:

Hey Slip kako si?

I suspect, and i could be wrong here, that Konus are manuufactured by the same plant that make Millet.  They look almost identical with very similar features.

I will try and confirm this when i next speak with the sales rep from the Chinese manufacturer and let you guys know.

Vrlo dobro, hvala na pitanju, ti? :D
Well, so far we haven't verified much on Konus scopes. I wish we could have more info on them. I will send them an e-mail today and will post their response here.

Slip
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2008 at 11:01
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2008 at 11:22
I noly saw Konus scopes at the SHOT show last year, so I never really tested them.  They did look like any other chinese-made cheap scopes out there.  Their spotters were pretty nice for the money, but the scopes did not impressed me all that much.  Still, I did not spend much time with them, so take it for what it is.

ILya
dyno View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2016 at 19:02

I have never posted, but the comments about Konus scopes and being typical of Chinese scope comment bugged me a bit. Here goes I have two both the M-series one is on a .338 Lupua the other is on a bolt action .50 BMG. The one on the .338 served time on an old 30.06 for some years also. I often shoot at 1000 yards and the only thing I can gripe about would be using more vertical adjustment. This can be said about most scopes. The optical quality is very good, The scopes are made by a family run business in Italy that started out making glass and optics, for microscopes and such. Because some things are subjective I don't want to argue with anyone, just stating my use and results. I found the adjustments to be consistent and it has always gone back where it belongs. Everything on both has worked as advertised, including the warranty. I want everyone to know that while changing one of the scopes from the 30.06 at a range in Liberty Hill, Texas ( 1000 yard range ) I dropped the scope from a standing position on to a concrete pad. I'm 6'2" and shrinking ( old age, gravity ) the scope hit straight vertical on the eye piece. The scope still worked fine but the locking ring jammed and was cross threaded. I then proceeded to chew up the outside diameter trying to move the locking ring. Finally I gave up, sent the scope in, including the description of my actions. Basically explaining that I screwed up, could they please cut of the cross threaded ring and replace and let me know how much. A couple of weeks later I received a brand new scope, not mine repaired. I can tell you for a fact their warranty is not typical of any company I've dealt with, other than Dillion. You can insinuate junk by throwing the word Chinese around, or as in one reply another insulation about not holding up on larger calibers, but unless you have used them as I have and had bad results I would say might not be so critical of things until you actually have had the bad results to justify your comments. If I'm wrong and you have used and had bad results I'll apologize now.

Tnx for reading. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic