OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Reparations For Slavery ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reparations For Slavery ?
    Posted: July/31/2008 at 09:08
Barack Obama Says He Wants Reparations For Slavery "Deeds" Not Just Apologies!.Another time he was asked about this subject he was against it but now he done a u turn.
So if your "african american" you stand to gain some sort of "deed" , if this is a standard i want some "deeds" for the hardships of my fore fathers too, german's,roman's,norman's,saxons and the english!!!!
On the flip side if the "african american"community gets some sort of Reparation does this mean the end of the race card?

Just one more reason not to vote for this candidate.
I'm classic shag nasty type.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2008 at 09:16

You bet!! I'm with Obama!!  I'm gonna hire a lawyer to sue the King of Norway and the Government of Denmark for all of them Vikings that raided the British Isles years ago and killed and enslaved MY ANCESTORS!!   Why I could be rich!!!!    Bucky 

(Hey, Obama!!!  You forgot to clean the stable this morning!!!)     

Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2008 at 09:25
HEY OBAMA....what COLOR are the captors in this Nineteenth Century picture?....you horse's ass!!!!

Edited by Ed Connelly - July/31/2008 at 12:12
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2008 at 09:26
won't work..........Stare
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2008 at 09:48
Why not use the money to stop the people enslaving Christians in Africa today?   The audacity some people have...
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2008 at 11:57
I think black descendent's of slaves should be paid reparations too.  
JUST AS SOON as they pay the US gubmint back every last penny they've received in welfare benefits since LBJ's colossal "Great Society" failure.

It makes me sick to think that anybody living in the greatest place on the face of the earth could have the audacity to believe that this country owes them anything.

Even sicker to think that an entire race of people could be "bought" so easily for the atrocities committed to their ancestors. 

Edited by cheaptrick - July/31/2008 at 12:22
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2008 at 12:22

Hey Obama!

Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2008 at 13:14
I want restitution for the houses and barns burnt to the ground, the live stock stolen and slaughtered and my great aunts and cousins that were raped by the so called slave liberators who stormed the lives of my non slave owning ancestors. And before any of Them see a penny I want each one to repay all welfare money that they and their ancestors received directly into the social security for retiree's. Run that up your flag pole Mr. obama!
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2008 at 13:21
Originally posted by Average Joe Average Joe wrote:

Barack Obama Says He Wants Reparations For Slavery "Deeds" Not Just Apologies!.

This may be (I hope) the final nail in his bid for office coffin.

The minorities will love him, Short%20Bus

but the majority should bury him! Hung
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2008 at 13:35
Go easy, Ed.

No%20No

Edited by cheaptrick - July/31/2008 at 15:36
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
mercenary1947 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercenary1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2008 at 18:11

I AGREE WITH YOU  10,0000 PERCENT ED  !!!!!   The United States of America was founded by slave owners  !  This was a totally slave nation and slaves were considered property ... and by the way ... the proclomation Lincoln issued was illegal then and still is .... he had no right or power to decree such an order . It's not worth the paper it was written on ..... only a full act of congress could or can issue such at that time . At most it could only be a temporary order . Sorry ... ED's correct ... their own people sold them ... let them sue Africa first ! 

One Shot One Kill .... *S.O.F * Head Shots Only
               SWFAM
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2008 at 18:41
Good luck with that.....Zimbabwe just devalued their currency AGAIN----Yesterday's 10 Billion dollar bill is Today's ONE dollar bill-----inflation at 12.5 BILLION PER CENT!  Google%20It  hmmm.................
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2008 at 20:10
I'm classic shag nasty type.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2008 at 20:38
I happen to think that the lives of the people sold into slavery improved from the conditions which they were living in in Africa and  have steadily improved since the time they were brought here. I simply do not believe that Slavery by in large was cruel punishment. When I look back at the 1850 census it reads and two negroes  I put that in the context of living in a rural enviroment where everyone was working to grow food and raise livestock to survive.  The image of the rich white slave owner sitting on the poarch drinking ice tea while watching the negroes work hard in the field is  simply not the reality of that era of struggle to survive in hostile indian teritory.  To put it in terms we can understand today if I went out and spent money on a tractor to help me work in the field would I then go and beat it with a baseball bat - of course not.  I believe that they were provided with food , clothing, housing, medical care and in fact had better living conditions than many of the illegal alien mexicans working in this country today. 
If we had known how much trouble they would cause - we would have picked our own cotton.  As for reparation payment I say pay them by paying their boat passage back to their land of Africa where they can enjoy Freedom and Opportunity.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - July/31/2008 at 20:44

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2008 at 20:46
The simple fact was that most slave owners took great care of their slaves, their livelihood was dependent on them, as with any tool. There were naturally as always exceptions. Like wise as we see today only the atrocities made news, and the media will only depict what will be most talked about. That leaves us with this awful view of the way slaves were treated. Gone with the wind is probably the most accurate example of the way slaves were treated. The Patriot (Mel Gibson), is another. The truth is out there, it's just as usual not convenient for the Left.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2008 at 21:42
Here's something else to think about; when the 13 colonies became an indipendent nation, only the colonies in the south allowed slavery. The blacks in the northern colonies were free, so you can't assume that just because someone is black they have a slave heritage.
Also over 400,000 Americans died in the Civil War. 99% were white. The fight was over slavery, and the result was the blacks were freed. Does this also mean that the blacks owe reperations to the families who lost loved ones fighting to free their ancestors?
Just something to think about.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2008 at 23:15

We really have so much potential for everything to turn to crap right now that it will be amazing if it doesnt. I think it's all pre-planned to intentionally alter our form of government.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2008 at 04:16
We have the same bullsh!t going on in this country. Never mind the fact that when the whites arrived the black dudes had not even invented the wheel yet. They were killing one another off (Dingaan Shaka) and having a merry old time.
We build this country into a first world country with roads, banking systems, tele comunications, power stations, mining and a thriving economy.
This was handed to Mandela and his fellow thieves. They are busy destroying everything and we are slipping back to a 3rd world country.
This is not enough for them, they also now want reparation. I know there is a big lawsuit on where the blacks from South Africa are suing the American multi nationals for their role in Apartheid. That is for doing business in South Africa (Ford General Motors Caltex etc.)
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2008 at 05:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDsQtIvgNtI

Don't be hatin' yo.......Peeker
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2008 at 05:38
Uganda, Sudan, Zimbabwe, Nigeria, and now South Africa are classic examples of independent self-rule by the Africans.  Those countries combined have exterminated as many of their own people as Hitler did during the Holocaust.......and now Mugabe is blaming Zimbabwe's current economic troubles on the unfair economic sanctions brought against his country by the western world!! 

What a waste of a beautiful continent.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic