OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Topic ClosedALERT : Firearms Being Shipped to California

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2008 at 11:40
I left Kalifornia because I could no longer abide the "rule of the many by the few deranged". You have liberal clusters which override the rest of the state. The voting districts are so gerrymandered I don't know how they can ever truly be corrected. Sad, it is a beautiful, but dismal, place.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2008 at 18:54
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

Originally posted by Sgt. D Sgt. D wrote:

You have probably noticed that many retailers and dealers are clearly stating, "We do not ship firearms to CA" I'm seeing it alot on Gunbroker.

That was my first thought too when I read about it a while back.  I was already altering all of our GunBroker auctions, then I thought, that is exactely what those communist want us to do......so I changed my mind and now we are having to jump through all their hoops.

I'll need to find a local dealer who can do a transfer...

ILya
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2008 at 20:12
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

Originally posted by Sgt. D Sgt. D wrote:

You have probably noticed that many retailers and dealers are clearly stating, "We do not ship firearms to CA" I'm seeing it alot on Gunbroker.

That was my first thought too when I read about it a while back.  I was already altering all of our GunBroker auctions, then I thought, that is exactely what those communist want us to do......so I changed my mind and now we are having to jump through all their hoops.

Thank you Chris, there are many of us in California that truly appreciate it!!! I hope other dealers will follow suite.  Excellent

Edited by mike650 - August/01/2008 at 20:34
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/2008 at 18:34
Originally posted by cyborg cyborg wrote:

It would appear that Texas and Georgia are two of only a small handful of States headed in the right direction, Constitutionally speaking. Problem is there's alot of ground between the two. I would love to see the remaining states follow the Texas, and Georgia trend. 

CY, drive about 30 minutes south and spend the day you might retract that statement. There is now a slow down hill side of Ga that is trying to work it way out of the city and I'm not real sure it won't be to long and Ga will be the same as Cali in most (firearm) respects. I could go on a rant about it but This is not the place on this forum.

I'm sure you know where I'm coming from.

Edited by Bigdaddy0381 - August/02/2008 at 18:35
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/2008 at 20:07
Yeah....... That's Atlanta. It will soon have its hands full....... If it doesn't completely rot from within first. The rest of the State isn't in that category and Sonny has gotten several bills passed that have the left taking serious notice. 

Edited by cyborg - August/02/2008 at 20:08
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2008 at 14:51

I don't live in Kalifornia, but this crap infuriates me!  I sure hope this insanity doesn't spread elsewhere.  I feel sorry for my brothers in the PRK who are slowly having their liberties stripped from them.  I'm very thankful I live in a firearms-friendly state.  I'm proud of the pro-liberty laws we have here, and I sometimes take them for granted. 

I hope some common sense eventually comes to Kali and eases some of these needless regulations from you guys!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2008 at 18:09
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

I don't live in Kalifornia, but this crap infuriates me!  I sure hope this insanity doesn't spread elsewhere.  I feel sorry for my brothers in the PRK who are slowly having their liberties stripped from them.  I'm very thankful I live in a firearms-friendly state.  I'm proud of the pro-liberty laws we have here, and I sometimes take them for granted. 

I hope some common sense eventually comes to Kali and eases some of these needless regulations from you guys!

Ditto       Ditto   AND  Ditto

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Fishinado View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2008 at 23:12
I live in Los Angeles and let me tell you things just keep getting worse. The are very few gunshops left in county of LA, and basically none in the city. The city council has put them all out of business. We can buy one handgun per month, and only handguns that are on the approved list (don't ask). All guns are a 10 day wait. They just relaxed the assault rifle ban, if you can lock a 10 round magazine in an "off ban list" lower, that is now OK. I tried ordering some 6.5mm Swede ammo for my Mauser from Samco, they and a bunch of others will not ship to LA. You can not hunt with lead ammo in the condor range as of last month.

People tell me just leave, not so easy. I own a business and can not transplant it. Should I tell you how The CA State Board of Equalization is tried to take $150K in sales tax they say I owe? Don't even get me started. All I can say folks is get ready! What happens here will undoubted spread across the country, and if Obama gets in we're done! I've comments for shooters and hunters laughing at us here in CA, and that just infuriates me. CA is the battle front. The fight has to happen here before it can spread. The NRA is doing almost nothing. They helped out in San Fran, but they're now where to be seen anywhere else.

We need YOUR help. Get behind the RIGHT politicians, and organizations that will stop the potential disaster that is looming, and those of you in the trade, PLEASE don't forsake us. Jump through the hoops, and let them know we can't be stopped. We are depending on ALL OF YOU!!!
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2008 at 00:00
Originally posted by Fishinado Fishinado wrote:

I live in Los Angeles and let me tell you things just keep getting worse. The are very few gunshops left in county of LA, and basically none in the city. The city council has put them all out of business. We can buy one handgun per month, and only handguns that are on the approved list (don't ask). All guns are a 10 day wait. They just relaxed the assault rifle ban, if you can lock a 10 round magazine in an "off ban list" lower, that is now OK. I tried ordering some 6.5mm Swede ammo for my Mauser from Samco, they and a bunch of others will not ship to LA. You can not hunt with lead ammo in the condor range as of last month.

People tell me just leave, not so easy. I own a business and can not transplant it. Should I tell you how The CA State Board of Equalization is tried to take $150K in sales tax they say I owe? Don't even get me started. All I can say folks is get ready! What happens here will undoubted spread across the country, and if Obama gets in we're done! I've comments for shooters and hunters laughing at us here in CA, and that just infuriates me. CA is the battle front. The fight has to happen here before it can spread. The NRA is doing almost nothing. They helped out in San Fran, but they're now where to be seen anywhere else.

We need YOUR help. Get behind the RIGHT politicians, and organizations that will stop the potential disaster that is looming, and those of you in the trade, PLEASE don't forsake us. Jump through the hoops, and let them know we can't be stopped. We are depending on ALL OF YOU!!!

How are they doing this seemingly in leaps and bounds? Are you really that out numbered by liberial sell-outs? How is it that these law makers stay in office if there is any real opposition like we hear about out here in the nose bleed section. NC congressmen are as screwed up as any but they don't stay long if they push that crap. John Edwards snowed us pretty good but when he sold out, he had no place to come home to as far as I'm concerned.  I hate to see you folks subjected to this mess but you will deal with it until you put somebody else in office. I think Arnold is great in the movies, but he is leading the way in these issues and it's time ya'll retire him.
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
BSA View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2008 at 14:08
Packing up and leaving the state is just not a feasible option for everyone
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2008 at 19:43
Hey, It's got to be getting to the point that you really have no choice.  We had drive by shootings almost every weekend in my old stomping grounds almost 30 years ago. MS-13 doesn't have any problems nor do they jump thru hoops to get firearms.  When will these moronic politicians figure it out that THEY ARE just as much the problem as the gang bangers. When a law abiding citizen cannot protect themselves from these criminals they give the gang banger free run of the cities.  Do you really want to live in a police state?  That's what it would take to control these psychos. Oh that was SO Insensitive of me, I just don't understand their feelings.

Somebody stop me before I puke!!!!! 
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2008 at 23:43
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

Hey, It's got to be getting to the point that you really have no choice.  We had drive by shootings almost every weekend in my old stomping grounds almost 30 years ago. MS-13 doesn't have any problems nor do they jump thru hoops to get firearms.  When will these moronic politicians figure it out that THEY ARE just as much the problem as the gang bangers. When a law abiding citizen cannot protect themselves from these criminals they give the gang banger free run of the cities.  Do you really want to live in a police state?  That's what it would take to control these psychos. Oh that was SO Insensitive of me, I just don't understand their feelings.

Being in a  national Guard MP company the local police keep us up on the growing gang activity and it is appearent that they have no reguard for anyone. Our local gun stores have seen assult weapon sales jump and the majority of the buyers are of the typical gang member profile. This does make for a problem with protecting our rights but at the same time trying to have a handle on these jerks arming themselves. Some of the dealers will refuse to sell to them but they know that doing so makes them a target. We also have a new run of gang initiations going on, so I have to keep my family advised so none of us become victoms. Recently 6 or 7 wanta-be's went in Wal-mart and took ball bats from sporting goods and went through the store poking people with them. Their instructions were if the person submits leave em alone. But if they stand up then break their arm. This week I'm told they are up to the final. They are suppose to bump your car with theirs at a stop sign or light and if you get out they shoot you and leave. I stay in combat mode all the time now and keep close tabs on my girls. I am told that there are atleast two gang shootings every night here plus stabbings, rapes and robberies. It is so common now that it rarely makes the news. In fact I found out that it is not reported because it would show how out of control it really is. Our police force is under funded, staffed, armed and poorly lead by a sell-out liberal chief that is as crooked as they come. Ofcourse when one of us is forced to put some of them in the ground, then the news is all over it. And we're the bad guy. The only real solution we have is put the death row members on a three month fast track and get them out of the way and then enforce the three strikes and you serve 10 yrs. with out parole. Anybody who breaks probation after a three strike sentence gets death row because they can't be turned. Do this and enforce it hard and the crime rate and gang numbers will drop fast.

Loco Like thats going to happen.   

Learn the law. Keep your cool. And when you have to do it, do it hard.  Two%20Guns
Fishinado View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2008 at 14:52
"you will deal with it until you put somebody else in office"

See what I mean?!WhackoLocoShockedFurious

3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2008 at 15:02
You have to admit they have a good plan ----let it get so bad that even a police state is better than the gangs being in total control. At this time both sides are winning. Citizens are loosing.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2008 at 15:28

The problem is politicians want us to live in a police state.  That way they have all the power, can still do exactly what they want, but they get to tell us everything we can do. 
They could care less how many innocent people the gang bangers kill, everytime they kill someone it just helps further their agenda. Heck they are probably the ones that supply the black market with guns.  Our country has supplied all the so called terroists we are fighting right now with weapons and training, I am sure the same thing happens in country as well.  All they want is to be looked upon as gods and be able to tell us common folk how to think, eat, and live. 
In a sense the gang bangers are doing their job for them.  The media continually makes us live in fear to the point that we are willing to give up every freedom we have and let politicians run our lives so we can "feel safe".  The war on terror is the same thing, it is just another way to control us so we will submit to whatever they tell us is best.  Sad part is people are to blinded by the media to see what is really going on.  All our so called political leaders are giving it to us right up the ass and the people don't care because it makes them "feel safe".
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Fishinado View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2008 at 17:32
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

The problem is politicians want us to live in a police state.  That way they have all the power, can still do exactly what they want, but they get to tell us everything we can do. 
They could care less how many innocent people the gang bangers kill, everytime they kill someone it just helps further their agenda. Heck they are probably the ones that supply the black market with guns.  Our country has supplied all the so called terroists we are fighting right now with weapons and training, I am sure the same thing happens in country as well.  All they want is to be looked upon as gods and be able to tell us common folk how to think, eat, and live. 
In a sense the gang bangers are doing their job for them.  The media continually makes us live in fear to the point that we are willing to give up every freedom we have and let politicians run our lives so we can "feel safe".  The war on terror is the same thing, it is just another way to control us so we will submit to whatever they tell us is best.  Sad part is people are to blinded by the media to see what is really going on.  All our so called political leaders are giving it to us right up the ass and the people don't care because it makes them "feel safe".

They honestly believe that if they end the sale and ownership of guns, that will cure the problem of "gun violence".  I had one super liberial compare it to asbestos.  "If you get rid of the asbestos you won't have the cancer".  I don't think they want to control everyone, it's just their nieve belief, and the fear of what they don't understand.  They truly want what's best (for them).  It's up to us to diplomaticaly, and politely educate them as to the realities.   Such as what has happend to crime rates in places where the law abiding, responsible citizen is unable to defend themselves.  This is what we MUST do know.  Not yell and scream, and call names.  We have to show them that we too, are a constructive part of this society, and not a danger to those around us.  In my opinion, that's the only way we can win the war, not just a few battles.
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2008 at 17:38
That may be what the liberal common folks believe and that is just because it is told to them by the politicians and media.  But I don't believe for a second that the political leaders of our country want to get rid of firearms to stop crime.  They want to get rid of them so we have no way to fight back.  It is the same cycle that has happened over and over throughout history.  These people want power and then more power and they only way they can truly get that power is to take away the people ability to stop them.  That is the end game and it always has been.  All this other BS is just the vehicle to get there.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

Canis Latrans View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 12:27
I agree with supertool.  Many of the average followers of these policies truly think that less guns will mean less gun crimes.  They also think that the governments job is to protect us and that the media simply reports on the things that are going on.  In reality I don't believe this is the reason for these policies. 

You could argue that a lot of politicians are dumb (I'll use Bush as an example).  He seems dumb, he does dumb things but he actually refers to himself as "the decider" and I have several examples of him on camera, clearly lying about the events of september 11th.  No wonder there are so many people that believe that it was a cover-up!  Some people propose the idea, and the government is caught lying about all sorts of things!  It is only natural that many would think it was our government.

As for the media lying, I used to think that that accusation was just the result of some inaccurate reporting here and there blown out of proportion by crazy paranoid people.  I know now however that the media truly does control America and how we as a people think.  For instance, even when Ron Paul was being searched online many times as mcuh as any other candidate, he was still receiving much less media attention than Hillary, Obama and McCain.  Then the media actually TOLD America who the front runners were, and although Dr. Paul was more popular than the others his name was not listed.  They then gave him even less coverage and gave Obama TONS of it.  This made Obama's popularity syrocket while Dr. Pauls slowly died.

Even worse is how the reporters themselves mocked, made fun of and utterly stonewalled Paul.  One reporter asked Ron Paul what success would be to him.  Paul said to win would be success and the reporter grinned like an insane man (I'm not exaggerating) and said "that's not gonna happen."

All of this I just sated is 100% true and if you want me to show you one of the examples I talked about, please just ask me and I gladly will.  The more people that wake up to this truth the better and if you want to prove to someone what is really going on in this country, the videos I talked about are great pieces of evidence.
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 12:35
Ya buddy.  Go Ron Paul

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 12:51
Am I the only one here who thinks Ron Paul is a joke?  He got the 2nd Amendment part right and some domestic stuff, but his foreign policy take is a joke.

Canis Latrans, you would not happen to be one of those "9/11 Truthers" by chance, would you?

ILya
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic