OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Topic ClosedALERT : Firearms Being Shipped to California

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 12:54
And McCain is not a joke.  He is not much of a step up from Obama.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 12:55
I am not a McCain fan either, but he is VASTLY better than Obama (or Ron Paul).

ILya
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 12:56
I don't take Ron Paul as a joke. I take some of his ideas as out of touch. In several ways he would have been the perfect candidate. But his foreign policy was crap for sure. No one understands the need to stand up and be counted as well as Israel does, and sadly the US is in the same boat. If we do not take the same stance that Israel does we will not survive the aftermath.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 13:02
Fair enough.  I think I should have phrased as "Ron Paul as a presidential candidate is a joke".  I can't get over his foreign policy or a simple fact that every white supremacist/neo-Nazi organization in this country supports Ron Paul (and he comfortably accepts their donations).

ILya
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 13:07
I admit Ron Pauls foreign policy needed some work, that is what advisers are for.  Wwe have to protect ourselves and there are a lot of people out there who want to kill us infidels.  But he would have worked his rear end off to fix our monetary problems and get this country back on track, I think that is a pretty big issue for us.  His outlook was to serve the people and the constitution, it wasn't a power thing for him like it is for all these other people.  Mit Romney was my number two choice, but beyond that I didn't really care for any of them.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 13:14
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

I admit Ron Pauls foreign policy needed some work, that is what advisers are for.  Wwe have to protect ourselves and there are a lot of people out there who want to kill us infidels.  But he would have worked his rear end off to fix our monetary problems and get this country back on track, I think that is a pretty big issue for us.  His outlook was to serve the people and the constitution, it wasn't a power thing for him like it is for all these other people.  Mit Romney was my number two choice, but beyond that I didn't really care for any of them.

I think you are kidding yourself on this one.  For every politician, it is a power thing, plain and simple.  It is what they do once they get to power is what matters, and everything they do is to keep that power, first and foremost.  All else is secondary.

ILya
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 13:19
Look at his voting record, he has always voted what is best for the country and the constitution.  He has never once voted to give himself a raise  for one thing.  That says a lot to me right there.  He never supports raised taxes or pointless social programs and he is always consistent in his votes.   Show me any other political that can show those things.  He is certainly not perfect but he is closer than any one else that was running.

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 13:21
I'm afraid that in large part that is because of parties, and the ties that come with that nomination. Even if you could elect an official that was not drunk on the power aide, he soon would be towing the party line. How do you get someone elected that isn't a mainstream party candidate?????? How do you get their vies heard and taken seriously?????

Cyborg
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 13:29
I don't know Super, That is your opinion, and you are certainly welcome to it. In some ways you are on the money. The fact is that all of our choices we had were seriously lacking in several categories. Which is exactly how we ended up with the one we have now. Had Ron, or Mike, or Mitt been alot more Reagan, they would have won easily.
It's alot easier for the dems, all you have to do is kiss up to the special interest groups and you will win. Hilary should have known this, instead of trying to win undecided on the fence between GOP and DNC votes, those that didn't already understand what was at stake should nbot have been voting anyway.

Cyborg
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 13:39
Originally posted by cyborg cyborg wrote:

I'm afraid that in large part that is because of parties, and the ties that come with that nomination. Even if you could elect an official that was not drunk on the power aide, he soon would be towing the party line. How do you get someone elected that isn't a mainstream party candidate?????? How do you get their vies heard and taken seriously?????

There is an organization that has been started called "break the matrix" that is doing exactly that.  They are trying to get people informed enough to know that there are other options out there.  Ron is actually supporting this quite heavily.  He is not doing it, but his voice is behind them.  I really believe that he is a person who wants to restore our country to what it should be instead of what it has become. 

I realize there is a ton about politics and having the party on your shirt tail that is way beyond me and much more to it than I understand.  But it has to start somewhere and I think he had enough integrity to make a good effort.

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2008 at 13:57
Sadly, one of the most corrupt and broken branches of our system is the Judicial branch. This has caused so much unneeded legislation, and and amendments to the Constitution and Bill of Rights, that the only way to fix it now would be to dump everything that wasn't drafted by the Fathers, and put people in those Judiciary seats that actually understand what GOD GIVEN INALIENABLE RIGHTS are. That in itself would be a HUGE step in the right direction.

Cyborg
Canis Latrans View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2008 at 19:17
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Am I the only one here who thinks Ron Paul is a joke?  He got the 2nd Amendment part right and some domestic stuff, but his foreign policy take is a joke.

Canis Latrans, you would not happen to be one of those "9/11 Truthers" by chance, would you?

ILya

I am not a 9/11 truther, no.  I will not rule out the possibility that our government may have had something to do with 9/11 however.  It is a fact that many countries have done things like that in the past (like the US apparently did in the Gulf of Tonkin. )  Believe me, I know it seems far fetched to think our government would have anything to do with something so ridiculous, but if you just look at the facts:

We know for sure Bush lied about the possibility of planes being used as weapons.

We know for sure that he lied about seeing the first plane crash on tv.

We know for sure that the media AND Bush tied 9/11 to Iraq, when they were unrelated

We know for sure that 9/11 has been used for an excuse to attack Afghanistan ( we should have got the terrorists and got out) and then used as an excuse to "transfer" the war over to Iraq.

We know for sure that 9/11 has been used to limit our rights (patriot act, Military Commissions Act)  Because of these Acts and others we have lost Habeas Corpus and  Posse Comitatus.

Now, a lot of the so called "truthers" are stupid, gullible, uninformed and rude.  Some may even be actually insane.  however,  I can easily see why the normal people who call themselves "truthers" believe what they do.  There were so many coincidences and screw ups over and over that day (the fighter pilots didn't even know if it was real or a drill) that it certainly could be looked at as deliberate foul play.

As far as Ron Paul's foriegn policy, I can understand why you think it is weak, but it really does make sense to just bring the troops home and secure our own boarders and pull out many of the 700 bases we have around the world. 

I don't want our troops dying in Iraq after we bomb and occupy their holy land for decades,

I don't want to go to war with Iran and spend millions more there, and loose thousands of more lives. 

I don't want presidents who swear to uphold the constitution under oath, and then violate Habeas Corpus when we aren't being invaded or in a civil war.

It's honestly like Bush doesn't even know anything about the constitution OR he doesn't understand what swearing in is...
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/2008 at 14:34
Locked before Rev. Wright shows up and posts how the Gov't invented AIDS to kill black people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic