OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

NIKON SHOTGUN SCOPE FOR CZ 452

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westrn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NIKON SHOTGUN SCOPE FOR CZ 452
    Posted: August/21/2008 at 16:42
PARALLAX FREE AT 75 YARDS. 2X7
OK?
John
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2008 at 21:05
CZ 452 is a rimfire you would be better of with something that adjusted parallax down closer like say down to 25 yds like this:
424164SF Bushnell%204-16x40%20Elite%204200%20Rifle%20Scope%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20 Bushnell 4-16x40 Elite 4200 Rifle Scope
  • Matte
  • Multi-X
  • 1"
  • Rainguard
  • Side Focus
  • Bushnell Free Waterproof Jacket Coupon
SWFA: $429.95
More%20Info... Buy%20Now

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
westrn View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westrn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2008 at 22:58
You know, I actualy have that scope on a ssi 270. I could buy the Primos 3x9 with BDC thats on sale and put the 4200 on the cz. What do you think?
John
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2008 at 16:52
I have a 2-7 Monarch on a 10/22 Ruger and it works great for plinking and hunting. Mine is sighted in @ 50 yds and kills everything I aim it at.
I think you will be fine with the scope move unless you are target shooting at varying ranges. Then the AO does help.
OldSwede View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSwede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2008 at 19:14
One of the best scopes for a CZ 452 (or any other rimfire, if you are on a budget) is a Mueller APV.  If you can stand a couple more bucks and really want a  fast focus eyepiece, the EABCO almost-clone is a good value as well.
Actions have consequences.
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2008 at 08:08
how about a nikon prostaff 4x32 rimfire? - i have one on my CZ 452 Varmint and love it.

Very clear and all the magnification you need for an accurate gun.

J
sholling View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2008 at 10:35
For plinking I like the Weaver 4x rimfire scope. Weaver and Leupold are the only companies to build rimfire scopes with the same quality glass and coatings as their centerfire scopes.

1. Weaver V16 4-16x40 (centerfire scope with AO)
  2. Leupold 2-7x28 or 4x28 rimfire
  3. Weaver 3-9x32, 2-7x28, or 4x28 rimfire 
  4. Mueller APV
The Mueller is not in the same league as the others on my list but is very popular as a low cost entry level plinking, varmint, and target scope and so deserves mention.

Edited by sholling - October/13/2008 at 12:43
NRA, SAF, & CRPA life member
Member Madison Society & Revolutionary War Veteran Association (Project Appleseed)

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. ;)
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2008 at 12:20
Actually, the big EURO companies have wonderful rimfire scopes as well.  Kahles and Zeiss in particular.  You just pay big money for them.  Burris and a couple of others also put top quality into their rimfire offerings.

I have 4 nikon scopes, 3 centerfire, and 1 rimfire - although the centerfires are better, the prostaff is worth every penny for a solid rimfire scope.  And the eye relief is wonderul.

Weaver of today, is not as good as weavers of yesteryear. (they are made by meade, now)
sholling View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2008 at 12:39
Originally posted by jonbravado jonbravado wrote:

Weaver of today, is not as good as weavers of yesteryear. (they are made by meade, now)
I have to respectfully disagree. First of all Weavers were never "made" by Meade. All Weavers including their rimfire scopes are made at a Japanese optical works using fully multi-coated optics. Weaver is not even owned by Meade anymore. It's now back to being a division of ATK who also makes the mounts. Weaver is a big deal for the folks at ATK and I expect them to do great things with the brand. I love my Monarchs but I'd place Weaver V-series as a step up from the Philippine built Buckmaster and two steps up from a Prostaff. 

http://www.chuckhawks.com/recommended_riflescopes.htm

Edited by sholling - October/13/2008 at 14:11
Member Madison Society & Revolutionary War Veteran Association (Project Appleseed)

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2008 at 15:41
Agreed - BOUGHT by meade was what i meant to say.

All the weavers I have had experience with were good scopes - no doubt.  Some of them were older than me and still impressive.  But they don't seem as tough as they used to be - regardless of WHO makes em.  And weaver doesn't even have a scope included in the top of ANYone's list - including Mr. Hawks.

J

take the nikon prostaff 4x and the weaver 4x - and you'll get about half that swear by nikon, and half that swear by the weaver.  To each his own.  Just because glass is fully multi-coated, doesn't put it in the upper eschelon.  But weaver is an excellent value for rimfire.
sholling View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2008 at 16:21
I'm confused, what does the top of the list 5 star scope ranking have to do with the subject at hand? What is relevant are individual product rankings. When I'm looking for a $400-500 hunting scope I think of Bushnell 4200 and Nikon Monarch or Burris Signature. But when I'm looking for a 50-100 yard target scope I'm using Weaver T or V Series. For example a T24 (soon to be a T36) on my Anschutz, and V-Series on my other rimfire target rifles. Weaver makes in my opinion the best in each price class. That doesn't mean there aren't better. It just means for the money they rock. I invite you do do a poll on rimfire central and see what the serious experienced shooters are using for 1) formal match, 2) serious target, 3) hunting/plinking. You can do a separate one for the BSA crowd. Wink

As far as tough yesterday and tough today... the old made in the USA Weavers were for the most part steel. Today they are aluminum alloy. Too bad SWFA doesn't have any of the Weaver 4x32 shotgun scopes. That's a heck of a hunting/plinking scope for a 22. Thunbs%20Up

Anyway to each their own and if you have a favored brand I'll respect your choices.

medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/2008 at 15:56
http://www.swfa.com/pc-8477-380-swift-6-18x44-premier-rifle-scope.aspx mounted this one on my CZ 452 Varmint. It has been great so far....
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2009 at 17:48
Just got a CZ 452 in .22 LR and am looking for scope rings. What are ya'll using?

sholling View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2009 at 18:03
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Just got a CZ 452 in .22 LR and am looking for scope rings. What are ya'll using?

Here is the challenge to answering that. The size of the built in rail varies from model to model (CZ542 American vs Varmint for example), and by caliber. Some are 3/8 and some 11mm. Most of the Americans have 3/8 rails but its so confusing that somebody posted a matrix in the CZ forum on rimfirecentral.com. I think it's stickied.

If it's 3/8 any quality rimfire ring that's tall enough will work. If it's 11mm then I recommend the pricey CZ rings. The gotcha is that the CZ bolt sticks up so high when worked that you need at least 1/2" between the base and the bottom of the tube so that the bolt will clear. The medium CZ are .550". BKL were the other option but they went TU. I've read that the remains were bought but I don't expect to see anything from them for months.

Edited by sholling - January/03/2009 at 18:07

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2009 at 18:12
Outstanding response, Sholling. Thank you!

3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2009 at 18:26
Talley also makes The CZ rings
22CZRL Talley Rimfire Rings                                                                                                    Talley Rimfire Rings
  • Matte
  • Low
  • CZ Rimfire
SWFA: $49.95
More Info... Buy Now

22CZRH Talley Rimfire Rings                                                                                                    Talley Rimfire Rings
  • Matte
  • High
  • CZ Rimfire
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2009 at 19:33
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

Talley also makes The CZ rings
22CZRL Talley Rimfire Rings                                                                                                    Talley Rimfire Rings
  • Matte
  • Low
  • CZ Rimfire
SWFA: $49.95
More Info... Buy Now

22CZRH Talley Rimfire Rings                                                                                                    Talley Rimfire Rings
  • Matte
  • High
  • CZ Rimfire

Good deal!! Love them Talleys!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic