OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Heros

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heros
    Posted: September/11/2008 at 18:28
I'm posting this here because I could not find a more appropiate forum.  I hope everybody gets a chance to read it.

Today is 9-1-1.  We all know what that means. 

Today, on 9-1-1, I just returned to my office at a local police department in California.  I had the gut-wrenching experience of attending a true hero's funeral this morning.  Sergeant Paul Starzyk of the Martinez Police Department was shot down and killed by a criminal on 9/6/08.  Today was his funeral.  Paul responded to a domestic disturbance when the crook shot and killed his estranged wife.  The crook retreated to his apartment where he was holding five people hostage including two children who he threatened to kill.  There was no time to do the traditional Swat response.  Paul and other officers entered the building when the crook struck his gun around the corner and started shooting at advancing officers.  Unfortunately Paul was struck by a round that became fatal and Paul died died soon after onscene.  Paul was able to fire several shots from his M4. 223 rifle after he was struck by a fatal round which struck and killed the crook.  Paul and the other officers absolutely saved the lives of the five other people. 

Paul is one of America's lastest true heros.  Paul leaves a wife and 3 children.  I salute you Paul and your memory will never be forgotten. 

America must never forget the men and women in this country who put their lives on the line every minute of every day!

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2008 at 18:49
This is the place for this post. Thanks for remembering when so many outside of those here, have forgotten.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2008 at 19:01
Sorry for your loss..
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2008 at 19:21
Thank you for sharing this, Tom.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2008 at 19:22
The loss of a brother (or sister) always hurts. My heart goes out to you, and your brothers and sisters. Sgt. Paul Starzyk was a hero, he went down fighting to protect his brothers and the citizens he swore to protect and was succesful.
God Bless him
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2008 at 19:23
i dont care if its a cop a fireman a paramedic or a soldier, anybody who dies in the line of duty  protecting and serving deserves to be remembered. sorry for your loss
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2008 at 19:50
I found this.

Cyborg
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2008 at 20:12
Dang you cyborg! Now my allergies are acting up.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2008 at 20:17
SHHHHHH!!!!!! I don't want everyone knowing about my soft side. Truth is I have several friends that are Policemen, and State Troopers. I have been fortunate that none have been killed in the line of duty. My cousin John Tindall is a retired Policeman from SC. These men and women that serve on the home front are a special breed that are more than worthy of our accolades.

Cyborg
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2008 at 20:26
Originally posted by cyborg cyborg wrote:

SHHHHHH!!!!!! I don't want everyone knowing about my soft side. Truth is I have several friends that are Policemen, and State Troopers. I have been fortunate that none have been killed in the line of duty. My cousin John Tindall is a retired Policeman from SC. These men and women that serve on the home front are a special breed that are more than worthy of our accolades.

uhummm, im a firefighter you do know a fireman too bro
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2008 at 20:32
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

Originally posted by cyborg cyborg wrote:

uhummm, im a firefighter you do know a fireman too bro
Right you are. I also have a neighbor that is a Fireman. He does recovery paramedic, and accident response work. He is my sons Godfather. You guys are just as special.

Cyborg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic