OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Respect

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Respect
    Posted: August/14/2021 at 13:53
Same here.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/14/2021 at 05:08
Me too.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2021 at 21:54
That’s an unfortunate truth Mike. I miss those guys.
God save the Empire!
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2021 at 09:34
Dang, a lot of ‘ol friends MIA on this thread. 😢
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
DebSchmal View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DebSchmal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2021 at 08:16
Nice!
philip393 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philip393 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2011 at 01:04
I have to agree hunting is a great life experience and should be done respectfully.
Women Love Guns & So Do I!!!!
gr8plmbr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gr8plmbr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2009 at 21:53
that is a great pic it is nice to see that some hunters care i hear to many guys going up north to drink and party than to hunt everybody knows or seen them my dad has hunted for 50+ years me just got into it about 5 years but i love it and respect it
ned pepper fill your hands
scooter65 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2009 at 06:57
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

read THE JUNGLE by Upton Sinclair.....................

That is not a book for the squeemish!!!!
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2008 at 11:01
read THE JUNGLE by Upton Sinclair.....................
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2008 at 17:45
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

The people who knock hunting should try taking a tour in a cattle slaughter house some time. I used to occasionally work on the paging system at a one, talk about an assembly line of blood and gore.

Brother, thats the truth. Be sure to tour the "gut table" when there. Wink
I worked on the kill floor for Swift in Des Moines after I got discharged from the service for about a year.
Talk about barbarism. Eek  

We took cattle from "mooing" to a half a beef swinging on a hook. We worked 8 hour shifts and ran close to 300 beef an hour through my station. Thank God Almighty for the USDA........ 
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2008 at 14:09
Great post Chris, I remember the reaction of some people when it was common for hunters to drape dead deer over their fenders on their pickup or car. I think it hurt the hunting community`s public preception of hunters.

Duce  Excellent
Duce
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2008 at 13:16
  Try going into a high production chicken house sometime!

til later
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2008 at 13:13
I don't care to be within 10 miles of a feedlot, either!!    Shocked
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2008 at 11:14
The people who knock hunting should try taking a tour in a cattle slaughter house some time. I used to occasionally work on the paging system at a one, talk about an assembly line of blood and gore.

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2008 at 11:02
The pictures serve as memory joggers for me. I just don't know where the line is for tasteful and not, regarding hunting and fishing pics. A photo of any kind is unacceptable for some.
jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2008 at 10:54
I'd be more inclined to accept Chris' observations that demographic changes account for fewer people hunting than some "s/ce" conspiracy. The idiots at PETA aside, most people that don't hunt or never raised livestock just aren't accustomed to RifleDude's well stated "converting and animal to food." While I was practically born fishing my dad never hunted and most of my family didn't. My brother, later in life, started raising grass-fed beef as a sideline. So we just didn't grow up with that experience.

I took up hunting 7 years ago and now can't get enough of it. I mainly hunt for meat so pictures don't mean a lot to me. We take lots of pix of our kids and the places we go hiking and I'm glad we do but I've always been more focused on living the experience than documenting it. My advice to anyone regarding firearms and hunting is that you will attract more support by demonstrating knowledge, competence in the field, and ethical, humane hunting practices than you will by screaming about conspiracies and your sacred rights as granted by the 2nd amendment. Yes, it is a vital reason why we live in a (mostly) free society but you don't impress the undecided anymore than the "antis" impress you with demands for unrestricted abortion or gay marriage.

Take someone shooting and show them how to handle a rifle properly and safely. If they show further interest, invite them to tag along hunting. I have one friend who hiked with me three times two years ago, helped carry out the meat and then decided he was interested in trying hunting for himself. On our hikes I would explain what I know of hunting and why I feel - if you're going to eat meat - that it is far more ethical to take the animal's life yourself. I never waste any kind of meat anymore now that I know firsthand what it means to kill.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2008 at 07:40
Drill a hole in the "never mind".That is a nice pic.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2008 at 19:38
It looks like to me he has it wedged between the stabilizer bar on his bow and the limb of the bow.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2008 at 19:33
I saw that ya goof balls!!  How did he get it to STAY there?  When I've tried to do that, they just fall over.
take em!
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2008 at 16:34
That is a great photo. Almost looks like the deer could get up and go.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic