OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

IOR vs EOTech

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hk-usp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IOR vs EOTech
    Posted: January/02/2005 at 15:45
I am trying to decide between purchasing an IOR 4x24 Tactical M2 and an EOTech 510 Tactical to put on an AR15 flattop carbine.  Which is best and why?
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2005 at 17:08
If you go with the Eotech, get the "F" version, as I believe it's the best out there, according to friends.
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Mithran View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2005 at 21:35

I'll have to agree with cheaptrick on this one.  EOTech's work really well with very fast target aquisition.  Tough as hell and accurate.  Easy to use with both eyes open, for better awarness.  Great for low light as well.

Edit= no magnification on the EOTech.  Look at the Trijicon ACOG depending on your budget.

Edited by Mithran
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2005 at 23:20

Actually, I'm a Aimpoint guy.

A buddy of mine had an older version Eotech that croaked while inside my vehicle, during a hot summer day this past year.

(Funny, my Aimpoint was in there too,but just kept rocking!!)

Eotech did exchange his optic, even upgrading it to the "F" version. I thought that was more than fair.   

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
ots03 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ots03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2005 at 07:08

Eotech is a red dot and IOR m2 is a scope...both are good but they are diferent thinks...

If you only shoot at close range, choose the red dot sight (eotech or another brand, like oko, aimpoint or doctersight.)

If you shoot at medium ranges, you will be happy with the M2 (I like mp7/9 nato reticle).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic