OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

A Tasco Titan is equal to ______?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Tasco Titan is equal to ______?
    Posted: November/03/2008 at 18:21
I've heard from several people that the Tasco Titans were good scopes.  I've never had my hands on one.  Can someone give me a scope that would be its equal (ie. a VX-III ??).   As a side note...If I were to find one, would Tasco be able to repair it if it broke?
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2008 at 22:09
heard the same thing about the Titan quality -- Tasco's attempt to go "European" ... Read good things about them, but haven't eyeballed one yet
flashpoint View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flashpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2008 at 04:31
I know Tasco Titan are exactly the same of any line of Bushnell, I don t know which one,but it s true.
yeah
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2008 at 06:04
I seem to recall Chris Farris had said something about them at some point. I will try to find the post.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flashpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2008 at 06:09
I sell Tasco riflescopes, I know this because comercial said to me. I think Tasco is quiet good for the price,but I like personally higher quality, I get titan line ,only  (personally)
Cyborg , titan line could be equal to 3200elite ?¿ (comercial never specified wich ones)

thanks
yeah
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2008 at 06:55
http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=12979&KW=titan&PID=134836#134836
This link is to the Tasco Titan thread, I'm unsure just how much it will help though.

Cyborg
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2008 at 07:41

Thanks Cyborg.  I did see that thread, but I couldn't tell where in the 'food-chain' the Titan was.

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2008 at 08:08
I would say that it was likely equal to the Nikon Monarchs. Not to be confused with the World Class Tascos of today. They are entirely different.

Edited by cyborg - November/04/2008 at 08:13

Cyborg
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2008 at 08:09

This was an attempt to enter a new market that failed because of where the company had been in the market place. Finding anyone that will do repairs would be very difficult. This was a limited attempt and parts may not even exist any more. As far as quality compared to todays scopes the advancement in lens coatings will be significant. the Titan was in the optical quality of the higher end Weaver of El Paso range .  The main design change was that it had a 30 mm tube. You would be better served with a more modern scope.

Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flashpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2008 at 12:20
wow, I didn t know titan series would bo so good. But the price isn t cheap, around 260E ,270E ,for 3-12X 53,with 30mm tube 261E and taxes (here 20%) (=339$ +20%taxe)
I would chose a 2,5-10X 50 Nikon Monarch,for this price,anyway

I would have to know all this info if I am official seller,but I think the most experienced owner knows the reality. I never shoted with a Tasco mounted
yeah
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flashpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2008 at 12:24
spanish prices, of course
In Usa all products has best prices
yeah
hunter12345 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2008 at 21:32
Tasco Titan is a very good scope too bad Tasco never was able to be a brand known for making a good scope.To compare it to a scope I would say the Bushnell Elite 3200 for it being durable ,I would compare the optics to a Redfield of the 90's.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic