OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Super Sniper Feedback

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sulphurman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Sniper Feedback
    Posted: November/16/2008 at 15:50
I recently purchased the SS16X42 scope.  I have it mounted on an AR15 Bull and all I can says is that I am very pleased with this scope.  I am sorry I just didn't buy it sooner, seeing that SWFA is in my backyard here in Dallas.  It took me no time to get it zeroed in.  You could spend twice as much for another quality scope but I wouldn't!  I am looking forward to getting another one!!
Thanks SWFA!
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2008 at 16:16

Welcome to Optics Talk and to the Super Sniper family!

The Super Sniper is indeed a ridiculously great deal, isn't it? Sharp Shooter

Sulphurman View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sulphurman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2008 at 16:22

No problem.... That's for setting me up!  SWFA has my business!!

mike4764 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike4764 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2008 at 19:26
I have a Super sniper 20x scope and I have to say that it is just awful. The optics quality is no better than a $90.00 Tasco scope. Its fuzzy dim and the resolution is terrible. I normally only buy high quality optics like Leupold LRT's but like everyone else I just cant afford it anymore. So I tried a cheaper scope. After just one round on a .50bmg the rear optic glass broke. Now there are chips floating around in the field of view. I have fired 1,000's of 50 bmg rounds with Leupold scopes and never a problem.  I just cant imagine how someone else can have a good experience with this scope. Even if it holds together for you, the optics are terrible. Its hard to explain unless you have looked through a high quality scope. Maybe the lower power Super Snipers appear to have good optics but I doubt it.
I only post this to inform other buyers, I have nothing for or against any scope manufacturer. I do alot of competitive long range shooting, so I have had the privilege of looking through most  all the various scopes.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2008 at 19:37
Originally posted by mike4764 mike4764 wrote:

I have a Super sniper 20x scope and I have to say that it is just awful. The optics quality is no better than a $90.00 Tasco scope. Its fuzzy dim and the resolution is terrible. I normally only buy high quality optics like Leupold LRT's but like everyone else I just cant afford it anymore. So I tried a cheaper scope. After just one round on a .50bmg the rear optic glass broke. Now there are chips floating around in the field of view. I have fired 1,000's of 50 bmg rounds with Leupold scopes and never a problem.  I just cant imagine how someone else can have a good experience with this scope. Even if it holds together for you, the optics are terrible. Its hard to explain unless you have looked through a high quality scope. Maybe the lower power Super Snipers appear to have good optics but I doubt it.
I only post this to inform other buyers, I have nothing for or against any scope manufacturer. I do alot of competitive long range shooting, so I have had the privilege of looking through most  all the various scopes.

So what happened when you called the manufacturer or place you purchased the SS scope from???
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2008 at 19:42
Wow, sorry to hear that mike.
Your review goes against reviews from snipers hide, Sniper Country and my own personnel experience. Most guys I know with them rave about them.
Have you tried to contact SWFA for a replacement?
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
mike4764 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike4764 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2008 at 20:59
To be honest I did not try to contact SWFA. I guess I just figured it was not worth the trouble. But after reading many positive posts about SWFA's service I may give it another try. The scope I have, I bought a few years agao, I dont know if it is too late to have it replaced. If memory serves me right I did buy it from SWFA.
Is it possible I have one of the earlier models before SWFA took it over?
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2008 at 21:20

To be honest I did not try to contact SWFA. I guess I just figured it was not worth the trouble. But after reading many positive posts about SWFA's service I may give it another try. The scope I have, I bought a few years agao, I dont know if it is too late to have it replaced. If memory serves me right I did buy it from SWFA.
Is it possible I have one of the earlier models before SWFA took it over?

Get Your Popcorn Ready
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2008 at 01:23
If you are looking for good image a 20x42 scope is probably not a good way to go, unless you are willing to pay some serious money for a top end benchrest scope and unless the atmospheric conditions are very favorable. The laws of physics are against you there: you only have a 2.1mm exit pupil.  With Super Sniper, I would go with a 10x42 scope.  It is pretty bulletproof and optically is very nice.

ILya
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2008 at 08:19
Mike,
Give them a call, They will work with you!  But ILya is right, I would definitely recommend the 10X. I have one on a 700 in .308.  A .50 cal. it's not, but they have been on a number of .50's without any trouble.   
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Hookset View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2008 at 22:47
I have the 16X and couldn't be happier.  I have it on a Savage Model 12FV .223 Rem.  I will definately own another SS!
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2008 at 13:20
They are "CRAZY TOUGH" too. Great buys and even better folks to have your back. Many of us here are very proud to be able to call them friends.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
mason View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2008 at 16:41
Using my AR-10 with my SS 10x42 I took my second doe of my three total late Friday afternoon at 231 yards as the sun was behind the trees and dusk was setting in. It was 18 degrees and my SS was a clear viewing,
light gathering pleasure and the side parallex knob makes hunting that much more fun for me.   
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2008 at 16:57

There are many possible situations here. If you bought one that is not a SWFA Super Sniper that right there is your problem. If you did not buy it from SWFA then that right there is your problem. There are many knock offs being produced. The true SUPER SNIPER is ONLY SOLD BY SWFA. The 20x magnification could explain the poor optics. It is just mathmatically hard to have great optics in a 20x42. Had you informed us of this when it happened we probably could have worked something out. Now it would be beyond anyones control other than Chris Farris 1 himself. We have personally shot over 100 .50 rounds with a 10x42 in a single day. We did a cut a way on the scope and it is in display in our store completely flawless nothing broken on the scope.The gentleman who did the test shoot had to go to the hospital due to minor concussions from shooting it so much in such a short time.  They have also been issued military contracts. We have many military guys who drag theirs around in the dirt and mud daily and swear by them. The Super Sniper has a great name and we intend to do whatever it takes to keep it that way. I say shoot Chris Farris a PM Explaining the situation and see what he can do. Also post a picture of the scope where it broke and also to see if it is one of our Super Snipers or not.

CFII
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
mike4764 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike4764 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2008 at 17:34
The scope did come from SWFA, I can give you my name if you have records you could look up. Also why would it matter that I did not tell you right away? I could say it happened yesterday, It still happened!
Why would you make a scope that you know has poor optics by your own admission?
I sent an e-mail from your websight but I'm not sure if that is Chris's e-mail or not, I sent it yesterday but did not get a response (its kind of soon yet).
I will try to post a picture but I dont think a camera will show.
Again I'm not trying to tarnish your name, just posting my personal experience with a product. I would like you to replace my scope so I can try it again. I may even buy a 10x scope to put on a hunting rifle, so please dont take my post wrong.
I have never had a problem with SWFA, I have bought other scopes from you,(my wife bought me a Leupold 6.5x20 lrt from you)  I did'nt even realize that you made the SS until I started reading other posts. I hope we can get this issue resolved.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2008 at 17:36
Don't worry Mike, SWFA will take good care of you.  Best CS in the business.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2008 at 08:32
It's not that the optics are bad. That is not true by any means. The Super Sniper is a good scope. It is just the field of view, exit pupil and light transmission is not as good on the 20x as the 10x because it is double the power.  We do completely understand your circumstance. I am going to do my best to get you taken care of. E-mail Christopher@swfa.com.
CFII
mike4764 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike4764 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2008 at 15:03
I have pictures of the glass damage if someone can tell me how to post a pic.
Also I will e-mail Chris as you asked.
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2008 at 15:05
Send the pics in the email.
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2008 at 10:50
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic