OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leupold Press Release

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leupold Press Release
    Posted: November/21/2008 at 15:26
Well gentlemen here it is.

BEAVERTON, Ore. – Leupold® has a new flagship line of riflescopes with multiple advanced features and superior optical performance – the all-new VX®-3 and VX-3L™ riflescopes. The new line lists a new lens system and models with the Light Optimization Profile™ among the enhancements.
All VX-3/VX-3L riflescopes feature Leupold’s Xtended Twilight Lens System™. The system uses index matched glass with proprietary lens coatings that rebalance blue and purple wavelengths to provide hunters with an even brighter, sharper image in low-light conditions.
“Progress and development should never stop,” commented Mike Slack, Leupold’s marketing communications manager. “The VX-3 is a leap forward in the areas of mechanical reliability, light management, and ruggedness. Hunters and shooters are going to love all the new features the line has to offer.”
Other new features for the VX-3/VX-3L include cryogenically treated, Titanium-Nitride coated, high-strength aluminum adjustment dials and Leupold’s most durable dual spring erector system. This combination of features makes the VX-3/VX-3L riflescopes more rugged than ever before.
The VX-3L models feature the Light Optimization Profile – the cut crescent shape made famous by the VX-L®. The crescent delivers maximum Total Light Throughput™, yet allows a lower mount for proper cheek weld and faster target acquisition.
Other new key features to the line include:
• Second generation Argon/Krypton waterproofing – Leupold’s exclusive internal gas blend and the last word in thermal shock resistance, keeping the riflescope fog proof as well as waterproof
• Blackened lens edges – eliminates residual refraction and minimizes the effects of stray light for maximum photopic transmission, clarity and contrast
• DiamondCoat 2™ – ion-assist lens coating provides higher light transmission while supplying the highest level of abrasion resistance Leupold offers
The new riflescopes are offered in configurations from 1.5-5x20mm, which is ideal for dangerous game and close range shooting, all the way to 8.5-25x50mm Long Range Target which is ideal for long range varminting and competition shooting. The riflescopes feature a one-inch maintube and ¼-MOA adjustments for both windage and elevation, with selected models having finer adjustments and/or 30mm maintubes. Users can choose between a wide selection of reticles, appropriate for virtually any hunting or shooting need. All VX-3/VX-3L riflescopes are backed by Leupold’s Full Lifetime Guarantee.
Leupold & Stevens, Inc., the most prominent American-owned and -operated optics company, employs more than 650 people in its state-of-the-art Beaverton, Ore., facility where rugged, dependable, high-performance Golden Ring® sports optics are designed, machined and assembled. Leupold is a fifth-generation, family-owned company whose products are sold worldwide to hunters, wildlife observers, competitive shooters, law enforcement officers and special operations military personnel. The product line includes rifle, handgun and spotting scopes; binoculars; rangefinders; flashlights; mounting systems; and optical tools and accessories.

End Press Release
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2008 at 15:27
well looks like the new vx3 will be the same price as a kahles kx now!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2008 at 15:37

Get Your Popcorn Ready
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2008 at 15:43

"Got my popcorn on" for this thread, Roy.
Should be.....interesting.  Wink
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2008 at 15:46
Roll on Floor Laughing
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2008 at 15:51

Big Grin
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2008 at 15:52
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

"Got my popcorn on" for this thread, Roy.
Should be.....interesting.  Wink

went with the sam's club size of popcorn this time eh  mark?
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Horsemany View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsemany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 09:40
Has anyone seen pictures of the new "VX3"?  They don't have anything on their website yet.  In fact they still list VX III in their list of products.  But not the VX 3 yet.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 09:50
Originally posted by Horsemany Horsemany wrote:

Has anyone seen pictures of the new "VX3"?  They don't have anything on their website yet.  In fact they still list VX III in their list of products.  But not the VX 3 yet.

They probably won't update their website until mid January 2009.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Horsemany View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsemany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 10:43
If anyone finds a spy photo I'd like a link.  Wink
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 10:49
Originally posted by Horsemany Horsemany wrote:

If anyone finds a spy photo I'd like a link.  Wink

Thunbs Up
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 13:32
Leupold press releases are beginning to remind me CounterSniperUSA website.

ILya
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 13:37
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Leupold press releases are beginning to remind me CounterSniperUSA website.

ILya
   Big Grin

Get Your Popcorn Ready 
Pass the salt and melt some more butter will ya, Ed?
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 13:42
"  We have created the best optical riflescopes in the history of the Universe!!  The finest polished glass found within the galaxy,  cryogenically-treated hammer-forged one-piece tube of the solar system's finest alloy, Argon-Krytonite-filled....and our lenses are Index-Matched and coated with our secret blend of herbs and spices........"  

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 13:48
The scopes might be very good for all I know, but the press release is funny.

ILya
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 13:52
..........yes, the press release has got me very curious......but I bet the price is gonna be way up there in the sky somewhere........
Horsemany View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsemany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 14:09

I don't think it'd be a wise business decision to jack up the prices too high.  Not in this economic climate.  My buddy's a salesman at the local Scheel's all sports here.  He said when the economy turned sales plummeted for high price guns and scopes.  They've seen an influx in sales in cheap guns and scopes though according to him.

Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 15:33
yikes..............Shocked     "cheap guns and scopes"  Shocked
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2008 at 16:10
ILya, makes you wonder how Diamond Coat 1 was fifteen times harder than other coatings. And what, it is 1-2 old at most? What is Diamond Coat 2, 30 times harder than the others. Same with their argon/kripton gas. Second generation already. I thought the A/K 1 gas was the last word in thermal shock protection. Their add folks are getting funnier by the minute.....I'm surprised they didn't state that their shipping boxes were they toughest known to man kind
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2008 at 02:15
Originally posted by Roy Finn Roy Finn wrote:

ILya, makes you wonder how Diamond Coat 1 was fifteen times harder than other coatings. And what, it is 1-2 old at most? What is Diamond Coat 2, 30 times harder than the others. Same with their argon/kripton gas. Second generation already. I thought the A/K 1 gas was the last word in thermal shock protection. Their add folks are getting funnier by the minute.....I'm surprised they didn't state that their shipping boxes were they toughest known to man kind

Roy, argon and krypton gases predate Leupold marketing people by a couple of trillion years or so.  I do not think their chemical properties are likely to change this year.  While we are at it, would you mind explaining to me how thermal shock pertains to scopes and what argon and krypton have to do with that?  Havn't we once had a discussion about thermal shock or something along those lines?

ILya
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic