OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

MUELLER RIFLESCOPES???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radiobreath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2005 at 21:18
 IN RE THE "LIKE TO STAY MARRIED" comment.......My favorite line is:  "Oh, that _______ (gun, scope, ATV, airplane, boat).....gee honey, I've had THAT for a LONG time!!"
Jaybird
gary0529 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary0529 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2005 at 12:37
Re: Mueller scopes- I have put appx 1000 rounds through a RRA heavy barreled .223 using Warne ultra-high mounts-quick detach- and a Muller 6-16 IR 50mm scope.

Very repeatable settings, scope has not moved a bit even with a couple of dis-mount/re-mounts of the QD system.
Granted all of my shooting is either groundhogs under 200 yards or 100 yds. at the local rifle range but I have nothing but praise for this unit.
Glass not quite  comparable with a couple of Leupold VX III 's or a Zeiss I have but then again the Mueller cost me a whopping 179 bucks not the grand plus as the Zeiss did.
It shoots better than my aging eyes and hands can. I can put all the rounds I care to in the 10 ring with this setup, so what's not to like.
Just my 2 cents.
Gary
Mr FAL View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr FAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/2006 at 01:13

Has any body used the Mueller 8-25x44 on a high caliber rifles?  I own a .308 FAL and it has destroyed many of the "Cheaper scopes"  ie, NCstar.  I have a $250 price range and Mueller seems like a good decision based upon research through many forums. 

i have read the review where some guy mount it on a 50 cal and then on a .22 and still held zero, but is sounds to me like a advertisment gimic.  WOuld like to hear some real range time with the Mueller.  Any thing would help.. thanx all

no disrespect gary0529, but .223 hardly kicks i own a few ar's, thanx for your great info.....

boys have little toys, men have expensive toys....
shootr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shootr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2006 at 16:52

FWIW, a member of my gun club works at a leading sports mega store and recently steered me away from a Mueller I was thinking about trying -- itself a big step for me.  He said they had quite a few returns when the Muellers were mounted on .308 and greater recoiling rifles. 

Dunno if it was just a bad batch, or what. 

Shootr
swampsniper View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swampsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2006 at 14:39
hey lurch....what type of sling do you have on your rifle,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
lurch(jec) View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lurch(jec) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2006 at 15:59
"Super Sling". They adjust really fast. I might have picked it up at WalMart.??? There or at this little store in Stephenville Texas called Pigeon Road Shooting Range.
One Shot, One Kill, NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
ought-six View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ought-six Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2011 at 21:45
I've recently purchased two Mueller 4-16x50AO Sport Dot rifle scopes after nearly 2 weeks worth of extensive research for an affordable yet high quality scope. The lenses in these scopes are supposed to be a high quality type manufactured in Japan. The lens are then Fully Multi-coated with a quality German coating and then assembled in one of the best plants in China. Please go to muelleroptics.com for more in depth information and specifications concerning their scopes. They have a multitude to choose from and are constantly developing new products based on customer input and demands.  Personally I have as of yet to read a single negative review of these scopes with exception of the one above. In my opinion these scopes easily compete with other scopes costing twice as much. Mueller claims that their scopes are designed to withstand heavy recoil. In fact I believe the crosshairs are laser etched onto the lens, therefore eliminating any chance for "wires" to break. In fact read the reviews posted on Mueller's own website. The one poster I believe seriously tested his scope, even putting it on a .50 BMG!! The illuminated center-dot is fantastic as it is not over-whelming like a fully illuminated reticle in low-light conditions, has 11 brightness settings and enables super-fast target acquisition such as a deer's vital zone in low light conditions where black crosshairs would be impossible to see, still functions as a regular crosshair with a black center-dot in the case of battery failure, perfect for dawn and dusk deer/predator hunting situations where the centerpoint can be hard to find in a scope and has thick bottom and side posts with a thin top post that doesn't obscure game or targets and naturally draws the eye to center. This is the perfect hunting reticle and compares with Leupolds "Fire-dot" and Hawke L4 German post reticles. Warranty wise: Mueller will repair or replace any defective scopes (for life, I believe) that are NOT as a result of abuse or improper scope mounting such as bent or crushed tubes. The above poster should be able to return his scope for repair or replacement based on the condition he has stated. Are they as good as a Leupold... well I wouldn't go that far. Even though I believe Leupold components are NOT all manufactured in the USA either(suprise!). But I feel they are a very close competitor. And when you consider approx. $210 for the Mueller in comparison to a Leupold of like style and features for approx. $450-$700?  The ONLY complaint I might have would be the 3.25" eye relief, this could be a potential problem for a shooter who likes to "crowd" the eyepiece on any rifle with any amount of significant recoil; however I noticed the above poster who had his Mueller mounted on a .300 Wby Mag never made mention of this issue. Unless he had a model with more ER. I however have found that this is a fairly typical ER for a lot of scopes, so if you require a lot of ER, then be sure to check the spec on any proposed scope before purchasing it. Ultimately the choice is yours, but IMHO I'd buy the Mueller and not look back! In fact I see more Mueller scope purchases in the future. Hope this review was of some help to those who may read it.
ought-six View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ought-six Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2011 at 22:03
Mueller Optics has a list of authorized dealers on their website. PLEASE make sure you purchase from one of these dealers, as I believe I read a post from Mueller stating that they refused/returned what was deemed by them to be a bad batch. During this process either some of, or the entire shipment was bought by a retailer selling these units dirt cheap to unsuspecting consumers! Mueller will NOT provide warranty service to these units! MUELLER will ONLY STAND BEHIND their WARRANTY on SCOPES PURCHASED FROM one of the AUTHORIZED DEALERS LOCATED on MUELLERS WEBSITE!!!
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2011 at 22:52
Not entirely sure why you decided to resurrect a five year old thread, but I figured I should make a few comments:

- all Mueller scopes except for Tac II are made in China.  The first time they even get onto the same continent with Japanese glass or German coatings is when they land in North America and go on sale in the same store.

- they are decent Chinese scopes for the money though

- Tac II is a pretty respectable low-to-mid end Japanese scope

ILya
ronbo View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2011 at 11:37
Sarg C USMC - I was reading your respose to Mueller Scopes. I hope you shoot better than you spell or write. In the future, maybe try to be factual, and a little less angry.

Have a good day, and shhot straight.
Ronbo
threefifths View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threefifths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2016 at 22:39
Mueller ATV 4X16. I bought one on ebay to try. It seemed good enough for the money, BUT, the eyepiece was wobbly in or out and I didn't like that condition. All my other scopes with a fast focus eyepiece are much more stable or rigid. So, I decided to cut my losses and sell it. When I unclamped the rings, (one piece Talley mount), the tube was crushed. I've probably mounted 50+ scopes in my lifetime, all brands, Leupold, Weaver, Bushnell, Tasco, Simmons, and I have never observed this kind of damage. Faint crimping or scuffing, but nothing like this. All you folks bragging on these scopes may change your mind if you ever decide to move it to another rifle. I sent Mueller a letter and they never responded. Oh well.
alien883 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alien883 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2016 at 21:07
I have 2 Mueller 8x32x44 tactical on a 308 and on a 223 Bolt gun.....both are super clear, turrets are nice and usable for tactical and LR work, eye relief is good, even on 32 power there are nice...better on up to 24.......bear with me cause I am a beginner in this field....I like em, I can afford them and I listen to others like them too....good enough for me right now....in progress to put a SWFA 3x15x44 on my new Savage 243 LRP....but they both are keepers!!
ciao!!
sportevo View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sportevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2016 at 13:59
good quality
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2016 at 18:42
I wonder how much the spamming posters receive from Mueller get paid for each post. Mueller can spend money on spammers but not pay to improve their optics. Wink
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2016 at 19:59

I have actually reviewed a Mueller scope on this site... it was a long time ago... at the time, they were not bad.  I even recommended that a young lady looking for a scope for her husband give them a look... I would not do so now.  They have dropped standards, QC, customer service, and prices... I agree wholeheartedly with Marine and Tens...  More recent versions of the Mueller are not dependable in any respect.  One may find a good one every now and then, but a broken clock is right twice a day...

Mueller once was a decent optic.  I've successfully hunted with one, shot quite a few targets, but the company that built that scope has gone away... or at least astray...

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic