OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Cz 527 .204 ruger

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DOCTORA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cz 527 .204 ruger
    Posted: January/02/2009 at 16:28
I am thinking about getting a CZ 527 in .204 Ruger. I would like to hear feedback from anyone who owns one as to their accuracy.
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2009 at 23:26
biggest problem is the rings, and the bolt . its hard to get a scope low enough to provide good cheek weld , without hitting the bolt.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2009 at 17:41
Welcome to Optics Talk, DOC.

What options are available out there for CZ rings, Dale? I just picked up a .22 LR CZ 452 tonight.  

DOCTORA View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DOCTORA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2009 at 15:21
Big SmileI have a 452 American CZ. with a Weaver 6-20X40 grand slam mounted with Millet .22 cal. medium rings.  These are the regular .22 cal rings not the Millet CZ 452 European rings listed at SWFA (I don't not if there is a difference in them.)   The rings are windage adjustable which is why I bought them.  I bought the engraved ones for a little extra class.  They are very nice rings and I have them on 3 guns. I bought the gun about 2003 after reading a review in OutdoorLife about how accurate the little CZ is.  The gun shoots about .6 inch 50 yd groups with many brands of ammo.  I now mainly shoot Wolf Match Extra.  I also put a Sims Limbsaver Barrel deresonator on the barrel.  I didn't think it would do much but to my surprise it cut my group size in half.  I have 3 different Bricks Wolf Match Extra and the ave. 5 shot group size from the 3 boxes is under .3 inches at 50 yds. with the deresonator. I have a Marlin .17 HMR and the barrel deresonator had little effect on this gun
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2009 at 15:34
I have the CZ 550 in a 22-250, I like the rifle love the trigger, I gave up on the CZ rings and bought the CZ picatinny rail and it lifts the scope 10 mm higher.  I don't like the CZ rings or rail but I do like the set trigger and the rifle is very accurate for an out box rifle. I think Talley makes some rings for CZ that may be better.

Duce  Smile
Duce
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2009 at 16:17
Originally posted by Duce Duce wrote:

I have the CZ 550 in a 22-250, I like the rifle love the trigger, I gave up on the CZ rings and bought the CZ picatinny rail and it lifts the scope 10 mm higher.  I don't like the CZ rings or rail but I do like the set trigger and the rifle is very accurate for an out box rifle. I think Talley makes some rings for CZ that may be better.

Duce  Smile

What scope you have on that rifle, Jim?
Yeah, the picatinny rail sounds like something I'd like to look at.

Thanks for your response too, Doc! Nice to know they shoot well.

The dad gum safety is going to take some getting used to....Whacko
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2009 at 16:30
I have the Nikon Monarch 6.5 X 20 with the 44mm obj  I used it for p-dogs and target shooting . I had to order the rail from CZ to fit the CZ attachment base it does put the scope up higher than I am used too.

Duce  Smile
Duce
DOCTORA View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DOCTORA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2009 at 17:22
I'm pretty sure the CZ 452 doesn't take the same mounts as a CZ 550.  If you have a 452 American, regular .22 cal Millet rings are great. You might want to get High rings instead of mediums.  You can check out some ring possibilities at CZ's website.  Medium Millet rings work just right with my Weaver 6-20X 40 Grand Slam.Smile
hossdaniels View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hossdaniels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2009 at 18:19
I have shot one in 204, the kevlar/varmint version of the 527.  I got near a half inch group at 100(5 shots), maybe a 1/4" gun with a good shooter behind it. 

The CZ 527 will probably be my next purchase.  Probably a 223 in who knows what version.
DOCTORA View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DOCTORA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2009 at 16:28
Thanks for the info, Hoss.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2009 at 18:08
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Welcome to Optics Talk, DOC.

What options are available out there for CZ rings, Dale? I just picked up a .22 LR CZ 452 tonight.  

So, you went ahead and bought it then!  Good call!  Excellent
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic