OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Sports Channel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kurtis the stock boy & Brenda the checkout girl
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Kurtis the stock boy & Brenda the checkout girl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kurtis the stock boy & Brenda the checkout girl
    Posted: January/20/2009 at 14:12

A good story about character and values.   KURTIS THE STOCK BOY AND BRENDA THE CHECKOUT GIRL

In a supermarket, Kurtis the stock boy, was busily working when a new voice came over the loud speaker asking for a carry out at register 4.  Kurtis was almost finished, and wanted to get some fresh air, and decided to answer the call. As he approached the check-out stand a distant smile caught his eye, the new check-out girl was beautiful.  She was an older woman (maybe 26, and he was only 22) and he fell in love.

Later that day, after his shift was over, he waited by the punch clock to find out her name. She came into the break room, smiled  softly at him, took her card and punched out, then left.  He looked at her card, BRENDA.  He walked out only to see her start walking up the road.  Next day, he waited outside as she left the supermarket, and offered her a ride home. He looked harmless enough, and she accepted.  When he dropped her off, he asked if maybe he could see her again, outside of work.  She simply said it wasn't possible.

He pressed and she explained she had two children and she couldn't afford a baby-sitter, so he offered to pay for the baby-sitter.  Reluctantly she accepted his offer for a date for the following Saturday.  That Saturday night he arrived at her door only to have her tell him that she was unable to go with him. The baby-sitter had called and canceled. To which Kurtis simply said, "Well, let's take the kids with us."

She tried to explain that taking the children was not an option, but again not taking no for an answer, he pressed.  Finally Brenda, brought him inside to meet her children.  She had an older daughter who was just as cute as a bug, Kurtis thought, then Brenda brought out her son, in a wheelchair.  He was born a paraplegic with Down Syndrome.

Kurtis asked Brenda, "I still don't understand why the kids can't come with us?"  Brenda was amazed. Most men would run away from a woman with two kids, especially if one had disabilities - just like her first husband and father of her children had done.  Kurtis was not ordinary - - - he had a different mindset.

That evening Kurtis and Brenda loaded up the kids, went to dinner and the movies. When her son needed anything Kurtis would take care of him.  When he needed to use the restroom, he picked him up out of his wheelchair, took him and brought him back.  The kids loved Kurtis.  At the end of the evening, Brenda knew this was the man she was going to marry and spend the rest of her life with.

A year later, they were married and Kurtis adopted both of her children. Since then they have added two more kids.

So what happened to Kurtis the stock boy and Brenda the check-out girl?  Well, Mr. & Mrs. Kurt Warner now live in Arizona , where he is currently employed as the quarterback of the National Football League Arizona Cardinals and has his Cardinals in the hunt for a possible appearance in the Super Bowl.  Is this a surprise ending or could you have guessed that he was not an ordinary person.

It should be noted that he also quarterbacked the Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI. He has also been the NLF's Most Valuable Player twice and the Super Bowl's Most Valuable Player.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2009 at 14:17
kurt is a class act, they dont come any finer than he. he is the perfect example of a pro athlete, mild mannered, polite tough and smart. he doesnt play with flash and he doesnt show off, he does his job and does it well, if he gets knocked down he gets back up, i wish a  lot more players of pro sports would follow his lead.

good story chris
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2009 at 14:21
Excellent
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2009 at 14:24

I have read that a few years back and it is still heart warming.

If 50% of the people alive today were of the same mind set just think of how the world would be today.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2009 at 14:45
Well, that is terrific.  As some of you already know I don't pay attention to sports so I did not know who he was. 

Very good!!  ( Now I'll have to look up some pictures!!  )   Thunbs Up
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2009 at 16:04
Good man, go Cards.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2009 at 16:11
Thanks Chris great story
Duce Smile
Duce
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2009 at 17:30
Thunbs Up
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2009 at 19:14
I wish more professional athletes would take the lead of players like Kurt Warner. After all the stupidity you hear about pro athletes in any sport, it's nice to know there are still decent people in the sports world. Thanks for the story...
"Get Busy Livin' or get busy dyin'" -Red (Shawshank Redemption)
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2009 at 23:29
That is heart warming. I am happy for the Cards and their fans. They are a very good ball club, as is evidenced by the wins against very good playoff teams. Kurt is a special player and a very special human as well. Best of luck to him.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2009 at 08:51
That's a great story! 
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2009 at 13:18
http://www.snopes.com/glurge/warner.asp

Looks like most of the details of the story are falsehoods, but the spirit of the overall story is true.  Good for him and his family.  If only we all were as kindhearted.

With such a good story as the truth is I wonder why someone purposely twisted it all up?  Why not just tell the story for what it is?  Why lie?

I guess it is all in the delivery.  Good for Kurtis, he doesn't need lies to make his story honorable.

I would suggest you read the snoes article.  The snopes article gives this guy the credit he is due.
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2009 at 06:48

The Story of St. Louis Ram's Quarterback Kurt Warner meeting and marrying his Wife Brenda-Truth! & Fiction!

Summary of eRumor:
Kurtis, a stock boy, meets and falls instantly in love with Brenda, a cashier at the supermarket where they both work.  He asks her out, and she resists, saying she's got 2 kids and no money for a babysitter.  Kurtis offers to pay for the sitter, so she accepts.  Kurtis meets the children, one of whom is a boy in a wheelchair who has Down Syndrome.  At the last minute, the babysitter is not available, and Kurtis offers to take the whole family out for the evening.  He's a hit with the kids and they are a hit with him and Brenda decides Kurtis is the man for her.  A year later, they are married and Kurtis, the stock boy, is actually Kurt Warner, the quarterback for the St. Louis Rams.
The Truth:
The story of Kurt and Brenda Warner's meeting and marrying is an often-told and inspiring one, but this particular eRumor version of it includes a lot of fiction.

They did not meet as fellow employees at a supermarket and their son does not have Down Syndrome.

When they met, Kurt was a university student and Brenda was a divorced single mom living on food stamps.  In his autobiography "Keep Your Head Up," Kurt describes his and  Brenda's first encounter when a teammate at the University of Northern Iowa talked him into going to a country-music club in Cedar Falls, Iowa.  There was an instant connection, but Brenda didn't know whether it would last.  Not only was she a single mom, but one of her two children, her son Zachary, had significant medical problems.  He was blinded and brain-injured when accidentally dropped to the floor by her first husband.  Kurt was not turned aside by the children or Zachary's condition and he and Brenda forged a relationship that resulted in their marrying four years later.  Kurt's celebrated job at a grocery store took place in 1994 after he got a pink-slip from the Green Bay Packers.  He returned to Cedar Falls and worked nights stocking shelves for $5.50 an hour.  He rose to fame by throwing an amazing 41 touchdowns for the Rams, bringing them to a 13-3 record and to memorable victory in Super Bowl XXXIV.  He's become known for his commitment to his family, his clean-kid lifestyle, and his Christian faith.   He and Brenda now live in St. Louis with their four children Zachary, Kade, Jesse, and Jada Jo.  He is the founder of the First Things First foundation.
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2009 at 08:12
To me it really doesn't matter where or how they met.  What matters is his character!  How many guys would enter a relationship like that whole heartedly?  How many guys would stick with it despite the troubles in his own life?  To me, he is the true example of a man!  A Christian man showing his faith through his works.  That is the type of man I want to be.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/02/2009 at 16:00
Quite the man.  Still gives $$ back to Waterloo IA churches and different foundations.  He was QB at UNI when I was still living in IA.  Grandma, who is 83, was cheering for him.  Like stated before, if everyone had his attitude......
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/04/2009 at 21:07
Wow, Thsi is all news to me!  Quite inspirational!  There is absolutely no doubt, his is one great role model!

If only we could get someone like that to run for President......
I can see the campaign slogan now.... "First Things First"
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2009 at 15:27

Warner's a good dude.  I hope he plays next year.  He doesn't get a lot of press because he doesn't get locked up.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic