OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Cabelas euro vs Meopta Meostar B1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchavo1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cabelas euro vs Meopta Meostar B1
    Posted: January/25/2009 at 09:52
I know that the Cabelas Euro's are made by Meopta and Cabelas says that they are the same glass as the Meostar B1. For $100 less than the Meostars, can the Euros really be the same? I have heard yes and no. Just wanted to see what you guys think!
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2009 at 10:25

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2009 at 11:24
You might be seeing some sale prices on the Cabelas models because I believe that they were slightly more expensive than the Meopta's.

jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2009 at 11:36
When I was checking them out the Cabelas were always $100 less. I did come across a post somewhere claiming that a Meopta rep had told that person the glass was better in the Meopta version. But who knows? 
mwyates View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2009 at 14:17
I expect it's the same.  Usually when companies do that it's the same product.  They can produce a few more for less per piece, so the worlds foremost outfitter gets them for less.  It would cost meopta more to change them.
No man on his deathbed ever said "I wish I'd made more money".
FrankD View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2009 at 20:15
From what I have gathered from various information sources the two binoculars are practically identical in every sense. I have compared the two side by side and have seen little, if any difference optically...and certainly not mechanically.
Frank
John Barsness View Drop Down
Optics Optimist
Optics Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Barsness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 13:40
I have tried several of each and can't tell any optical difference.
mjhoward View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjhoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2009 at 19:30
I was told by someone at competitor that when they put their name on a binocular, that they will take the responsibility for the warranty of that binocular.  If the manufacturer can sell their binocular to competitor without having to allow for any possible warranty work in the future, then that binocular can be sold for less.   Seems to make sense. 
mjhoward View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjhoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2009 at 19:33
competitor = worlds foremost outfitter  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic