OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Weather Report
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

cold and icy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cold and icy
    Posted: January/28/2009 at 11:02
Well for once the weather man was right.  Last night it snowed about 4-6" then topped it off with freezing rain. 
I am up at 5am and off to work on my 38 mile commute by 5:45am.  This means I am out before the plows in south central PA. 
Maryland works there roads 24hr.  Even though I am only about 2 miles north of Maryland Border I never made it that far. 
About 3/4 mile from home an oncoming 4X4 decided he needed the center of the road.  My little front wheel drive car just couldn't recover from letting the idiot by, and I proceeded to perform a very slow motion 180, where after I put the rear driverside tire in a ditch.
4X4 kept on going!  Good thing I was unarmed or he would need a new differential. Big Grin

It took over an hour for AAA to show-up and pull me out.  Luckily there was no damage to my Camry.  SO, after that adventure, I kept going in the direction I was pointed and went home.

Be carefull out there guys. safe driving!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 11:14
  Hey Bud,GLAD you made it home safe. I had to get up about the same time as you and plow the road off our ridge so the wife could get out to work. JUST got on line as these ice storms are playing H**L with my phone/dsl service as it just keeps kicking out.

Earl
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 11:15
that sucks guys!! i bet you would trade the cold weather we have had up here for the ice in a heart beat!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 11:25
  In a heartbeat! This stuff is driving my puter nuts. Gonna shut it down and try again.

Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 11:49
sorry about that-- didn't mean to run you off the road -- changing music.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 11:51
Laugh Above
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 12:08
You got more to come...  We just got a foot.
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 12:12
its snowing here again today oh boy just what we need is more!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 12:31
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

Hey Bud,GLAD you made it home safe. I had to get up about the same time as you and plow the road off our ridge so the wife could get out to work. JUST got on line as these ice storms are playing H**L with my phone/dsl service as it just keeps kicking out.

Earl

Thanks Earl, tell your wife to be careful!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 12:32
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

In a heartbeat! This stuff is driving my puter nuts. Gonna shut it down and try again.

+1 on that snow beats ice anyday!
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 12:33
Originally posted by Dale Clifford Dale Clifford wrote:

sorry about that-- didn't mean to run you off the road -- changing music.

That must have been an iPod stuck to your ear then...
Dale I didn't know you wore lipstick eitherWink
--Thomas Jefferson

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 12:35
WOW

so was dale driving a m.a.v??

Edited by pyro6999 - January/28/2009 at 12:36
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 12:37
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

its snowing here again today oh boy just what we need is more!

Ouch!  We only see 1-2 feet once every 10 yrs or so and thats cumulative.  Our normal worst fall of the year is 6" +/-.

The really bummer is that everybody starts driven like maniacs after two flakes fall.Loco
--Thomas Jefferson

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 12:41
yes we have almost enough snow  to bury my yard hydrant. we are running out of places to stack it off the roads too.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 12:42

WOW

so was dale driving a m.a.v??

?M.A.V.? 
I do know it had a pretty pink steering wheel cover  Gal
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 12:44

yes we have almost enough snow  to bury my yard hydrant. we are running out of places to stack it off the roads too.

One word baby...Tunnels!
--Thomas Jefferson

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 12:44
its a western lingo thing
Mormon
Attack
Vehicle
dale and supertool would get that one!
there is also the bmw
big
mormon
wagon

cf2 told me that the swfa parking lot looked like a hockey area this morning and only like him and two others were at work, that may have changed now, but sounds like its pretty bad!

Edited by pyro6999 - January/28/2009 at 12:45
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 12:48

Seriously Hunter, just how much show have you gotten?
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 12:51

its a western lingo thing
Mormon
Attack
Vehicle
dale and supertool would get that one!
there is also the bmw
big
mormon
wagon

cf2 told me that the swfa parking lot looked like a hockey area this morning and only like him and two others were at work, that may have changed now, but sounds like its pretty bad!

Excellent  Hah, I like that... I was thinking Mamma's Attack Vehicle
--Thomas Jefferson

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 12:53
over 3ft! its high enough that when we get more i have to scoop the snow off of my deck and literally toss it into my yard, because the snow is so high i can just scoot it under my bottom deck railing, we have had to shovel off my roof twice now, thats never happened before either! there is a snow mobile trail that runs in the ditch by my house and the ditch is so full they hit branches on the trees with there sleds that are at least 8 ft above the bottom of the ditch in the summer time, so most of them ride on the road or in the ditch on the other side where there isnt any trees.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic