OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Weather Report
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

cold and icy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 13:18

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 13:28
Bud,

The storm you have just finshed here a couple of hours ago.  I got 13" and in that was with 1.5" of sleet.
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 13:30
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

over 3ft! its high enough that when we get more i have to scoop the snow off of my deck and literally toss it into my yard, because the snow is so high i can just scoot it under my bottom deck railing, we have had to shovel off my roof twice now, thats never happened before either! there is a snow mobile trail that runs in the ditch by my house and the ditch is so full they hit branches on the trees with there sleds that are at least 8 ft above the bottom of the ditch in the summer time, so most of them ride on the road or in the ditch on the other side where there isnt any trees.

Wow, hope you have stocked up on grub and don't loose power!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 13:42
My house has a T shaped foundation.  The Roof pinches are 45 & 60 Degrees  STEEP!
When I do get alot of snow, the roof dumps most of its load onto my 14X26 deck.  Last time it happened the snow was to the top of my sliding glass doors.  After 2 days of settling and packing down, my kids tunneled into it till they found the 2 tables that wee buried in it.
They made a cool fort.  under the tables.   The ex kept freakin out that the snow would collapse on them.  Thats why I made them wait 2 days before starting there tunnels.  I still kept a close eye.
They had an absoute blast! 
WOW I just realised that was over 12 years ago... time flies!!
Son turns 22 this Friday daughter 21 in Oct.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 13:44
Originally posted by silver silver wrote:

Bud,

The storm you have just finshed here a couple of hours ago.  I got 13" and in that was with 1.5" of sleet.

Whoa, I got off easy it seems.  The sleet is the sucky part!  makes it hard to shovel or blow.
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 13:52
Originally posted by silver silver wrote:

Bud,

Just were are you located?  Your profile does give anything away.

If  my ex was still around I would just hand her a freshly charged phone and point her at the largest drift.  Its amazing how much snow that women could melt in an hour Wink
--Thomas Jefferson

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 13:53
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

over 3ft! its high enough that when we get more i have to scoop the snow off of my deck and literally toss it into my yard, because the snow is so high i can just scoot it under my bottom deck railing, we have had to shovel off my roof twice now, thats never happened before either! there is a snow mobile trail that runs in the ditch by my house and the ditch is so full they hit branches on the trees with there sleds that are at least 8 ft above the bottom of the ditch in the summer time, so most of them ride on the road or in the ditch on the other side where there isnt any trees.

i work for a dirt outfit and our equipment yard is less than 100ft from my house so when it snows i get in either our rubber tracked skid steer or our front end loader and move the stuff, most of the power lines around here are buried under ground so power loss around here is really an accomplishment.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 13:58

i work for a dirt outfit and our equipment yard is less than 100ft from my house so when it snows i get in either our rubber tracked skid steer or our front end loader and move the stuff, most of the power lines around here are buried under ground so power loss around here is really an accomplishment.
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 14:01

Whoops double clicked.  Wow thats a Killer Comute Wink you got there Hunter!
A rubber tracked skid steer in the way to go.  My next door neighbor just bought a Gehl last month form a bank sale but it only has the solid rubber donuts on it and he can't go anywhere in this stuff.  I enjoyed watching him try thou!Big Grin
--Thomas Jefferson

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 14:16
we have one of these, and its very nice.

in fact our company will be in an upcoming issue of there magazine, we apparently set some sort of record and didnt even know it. last year we blew out a track, the machine at that time had 3488hrs on it, so did the tracks, and from what we have been told most sets of tracks on those machines last about 1000hrs. so they wanted to interview us and take pictures and publish the article. those style of machine is the only way to go, you really got screw up bad to get one stuck.

They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 14:56

we have one of these, and its very nice.

in fact our company will be in an upcoming issue of there magazine, we apparently set some sort of record and didnt even know it. last year we blew out a track, the machine at that time had 3488hrs on it, so did the tracks, and from what we have been told most sets of tracks on those machines last about 1000hrs. so they wanted to interview us and take pictures and publish the article. those style of machine is the only way to go, you really got screw up bad to get one stuck.

SWEET!!!  Turbo-diesel?  Fancy one w/ AC?

That one looks new can't possibly have 3500hrs on it.

Thay are a blast to drive aren't they!  I have scare to crap outa myself afew tomes backing down off sloped mounts but have yet to round one backwards.  I've ended up on my nose more than once though  Clown 

--Thomas Jefferson

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 15:00
the rc-50 is a non turbo, ours doesnt have a/c but does have a very good heater. and that isnt our machine, its one like it, ours also has sliding windows on the sides where that one doesnt. ours also has pilot controls, so you dont have to use your feet to control the bucket, you drive the machine with your left hand and control the bucket with the right. we have had ours side hilling a slope of 40 degrees.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 15:01
All my experience is with the wheeled versions.  They have a lot more teater to there toter.
they are also much easier to get stuck in clay based soils.

I am surprised you only have a dozer blade on it.  I see the wet lines, get a true blower.
--Thomas Jefferson

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 15:03
the blade works pretty well for snow, we have a variety of attachments for ours, forks rock bucket, snow bucket/ light material/ a grapple, a silt fence plow. we dont have a post hole auger but we rarely ever need one. our machine has warn out two buckets a set of loader arms and a seat before the one track let go.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2009 at 15:04

the rc-50 is a non turbo, ours doesnt have a/c but does have a very good heater. and that isnt our machine, its one like it, ours also has sliding windows on the sides where that one doesnt. ours also has pilot controls, so you dont have to use your feet to control the bucket, you drive the machine with your left hand and control the bucket with the right. we have had ours side hilling a slope of 40 degrees.

40 degrees...Shocked.  Not this puppy!!! thats for grade-alls are for.
Would be interesting to watch though!
--Thomas Jefferson

Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2009 at 13:21
Cold and icy .............................sounds like some girlfriends that I broke up with.................  Whatever
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2009 at 20:28
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

Cold and icy .............................sounds like some girlfriends that I broke up with.................  Whatever

Laugh Above  oh wait......  you actually had a girlfriend?
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2009 at 20:49
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

???Broke up or Woke up with???
Indian
--Thomas Jefferson

Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2009 at 21:29
Laugh Above
"Get Busy Livin' or get busy dyin'" -Red (Shawshank Redemption)
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2009 at 21:36

Cussing
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic