OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Kahles KX 3X9X42

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skywalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kahles KX 3X9X42
    Posted: January/29/2009 at 22:45
Just ordered a Kahles off Sample List.  This is my first 'upper level' scope and I am anxious to receive it.  It will be going on a Sako 85 Finnbear 7mm, so I think it will be a great match.  I will keep you posted once mounted and sighted in with pics of course.

Thanks to Chris II, great to deal with.  Excellent

skywalker
skywalker View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skywalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2009 at 22:46
One quick q.....I should be able to use 'low' rings on the 42mm objective, correct?

skywalker
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2009 at 22:53
Most likely .....and good scope choice you will be most happy.
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2009 at 06:20
I just mounted a Kahles CL 2-7X36 on a 700 using Warne mounts and Low Rings.  Not sure I could have mounted a 42.  The lens caps barely fit on and I can't open the bolt with the back one on, I have to remove it.  Not sure how much different a SAKO is from a Remmy, but you might want to have a set of mediums around just in case!
take em!
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2009 at 06:36
Originally posted by skywalker skywalker wrote:

Just ordered a Kahles off Sample List.  This is my first 'upper level' scope and I am anxious to receive it.  It will be going on a Sako 85 Finnbear 7mm, so I think it will be a great match.  I will keep you posted once mounted and sighted in with pics of course.

Thanks to Chris II, great to deal with.  Excellent

skywalker

WHAT A HAWG!!!!    What a big Pig!!!!    Pig    
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2009 at 10:16
Mmmm I don't know about the low rings, you'll have to figure that out once you get it.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic