OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

20 moa base

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 20 moa base
    Posted: February/06/2009 at 20:03
I am an ole timer that has put on plenty of scopes. But I have never installed an elevated base. I installed the base 2 days ago and used red locktite. I installed the base with the high end towards the muzzle. Seemed the correct way. The more I thought about it, the more I questioned my decision. So I took the base off tonight. Had one hell of a time getting the screws out. Lucky I didn't twist one off.  Here is my question. Does the thick end (high) go towards the muzzle or to the bolt? If up is down and down is up, I was wrong.
     I have a 50/50 chance of being correct. But thats the same as betting on red or black.
I would like to thank swfa for putting this forum together. I vist it often.
Thanks Scott
Untutored courage is useless in the face of educated bullets. Quote George S Patton
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2009 at 20:07
We just had this same discussion... same base.. thick side towards the butt rear of action.thin towards muzzle.

Oh WELCOME to the OT!  Wink

Edited by rifle looney - February/06/2009 at 20:13
Sandhillbilly View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2009 at 20:18
Thank you for your quick reply. 
Untutored courage is useless in the face of educated bullets. Quote George S Patton
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2009 at 20:28
     Cool
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2009 at 20:31
Welcome to the OT!!!  and +1 for James

"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2009 at 21:38
HowdyWelcome great guys with alot of GREAT info
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
Sandhillbilly View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2009 at 21:42
Have a new rifle and a new scope.Have been partial to open sights for long range plinking (600 to 1000). But my eyes don't focus very well any more. I will give my Garand and M14 a rest. And see what this 10fp can do. Hitting the gong at long range makes a good day better.
Good shooting and thanks for the welcome.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2009 at 06:05
Welcome to Optics Talk, Scott.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic