OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Good Eats!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good Eats!!!!
    Posted: February/17/2009 at 08:38

As very few know I really like to cook. Last night I got the hankering for some deer tenderloin cooked on the grill.

BBQ TYPE

12 pieces of venison tenderloin (butterfly cut)

¼ cup lemon juice

3 cups of BBQ sauce (I use jack Daniels)

1 cup mustard (store brand)

Hawaii teriyaki Type

12 pieces of venison tenderloin (butterfly cut)

1 ½ cup Hawaii season (store brand) Kroger

1 ½ cup teriyaki season (store brand) Kroger

3 pounds bacon (store brand)

30 round tooth picks

First off thaw out the tenderloin and bring it to room temp. Take the BBQ, Mustard, lemon juice and mix it all up in a BIG bowl. Take half 12 pieces of the meat and let it soak for at least 6 hours the sauce mix. Also do this with the Hawaii Teriyaki and the other half of the meat and let it soak and place in the fridge while soaking (6hrs).

After the meat has soaked take each piece out and wrap it in the bacon and stick a tooth pick thru it to hold the bacon on.Make sure it is wrapped as tight as you can or it will fall apart while flipping on the grill.

After all the meat is wrapped in bacon, Fire up the grill. I take and cover most of the drill grate with aluminum foil so no meat will fall thru. Try not to get the grill to hot or it will burn the meat or cook it to fast.

After the flames have gone down take and lay the meat on the foil and let cook about 10 minutes (depending on your heat). After the 10 minutes flip it over, I do this 3 or 4 time’s to make sure the bacon gets cooked on the way around.

Take off the grill and enjoy.

You can also take a pepper or veggie and place in the butterfly part of the meat and then wrap it in the bacon for some added flavor. this was on a part of what was cooked as the was being ate just about as fast as I cold bring it in the house.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2009 at 09:24
If there ever is an OT tent at a machine gun shoot or something you are doing the cooking.
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2009 at 11:21
Boy that looks GOOOOOOOOOD!
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2009 at 11:27

yeah thats a favorite of mine.

I'll try to post something else in a few days for ya'll to try.

Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2009 at 13:40

BIGDADDY'S COOKIN' SHOW!!!      Eat and Drink

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2009 at 14:24
Might be better than the Ed Show, but then just about anything would be.Roll on Floor Laughing
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2009 at 14:34
Bow
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2009 at 15:12
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Might be better than the Ed Show, but then just about anything would be.Roll on Floor Laughing

Shocked
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 07:04
 Just adding a few photos.

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 09:22
BD I am a little confused....
You said to marinade the meat before wrapping it with bacon then show a picture with them wrapped and marinading???

Here is a little seafood side-dish to go with that.

Cut enough smoke cured bacon to wrap all the scallops you have each piece of bacon should wrap 2 scallops.  (sugar cured bacon burns too easily)

Wrap some large Deepsea Scallops with smoke cured bacon like filet mignon is wrapped.

Cook on grill, medium heat until Scallops are done (bacon will be slightly undercooked.
OR Cook in oven a 400F 15 minutes.

Serve with Sweet & tangy BBQ sauce like Sweet baby Ray's.   MMMMmm, MMmmm!

Edited by budperm - July/22/2009 at 09:23
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 09:37
Bud,
The top batch was done before the wrap and was pretty messy and slick. The second was soaked after the wrap of bacon. It was not as messy. I will let you know if they taste the some tonight.They will be soaking all day awaiting my return tonight to be grilled.

I don't guess it matters on if you wrap or soak first. I was just trying something different.

SD Dog View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 09:51
Looks good BD, real good.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 10:06
Originally posted by SD Dog SD Dog wrote:

Looks good BD, real good.

Yeah!  My mouth has been watering for the last hour! Merry Christmas
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 10:08
BD, I make kebobs very similarly, but cut the tenderloins into 1/2 to 3/4 in thick strips, removing any and all membrane, fat, or sinew and marinate in red wine, salt, pepper, olive oil, Balsamic vinegar ( a touch of hot sauce if you like it), and perhaps a little Worchestershire sauce for 5-7 days in the "cold storage" compartment of the refrigerator... just above freezing.  Then pound the slices almost flat with a meat hammer and wrap around onion, deseeded jalapenos, and yellow or orange bell pepper, thinly sliced.  Wrap with bacon.  I throw a large chunk of hickory on the fire and set all the kebobs on the far end of the grill, away from all flame and coals, and let smoke until the bacon is cooked.  Meat and veggies all in one bite

We need to get together and cook some food, dude...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 10:11
I assume you are going to invite the rest of us Dan?  Would be a shame to waste showing off your and BD's culinary talents.
God save the Empire!
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 10:15
Hey, I've invited you guys before and no one showed up.  However, the invitation is still open.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 10:18
I musta gone to the wrong address - no wonder they were so PO'd when I asked them where the food was!
God save the Empire!
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 10:18
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

BD, I make kebobs very similarly, but cut the tenderloins into 1/2 to 3/4 in thick strips, removing any and all membrane, fat, or sinew and marinate in red wine, salt, pepper, olive oil, Balsamic vinegar ( a touch of hot sauce if you like it), and perhaps a little Worchestershire sauce for 5-7 days in the "cold storage" compartment of the refrigerator... just above freezing.  Then pound the slices almost flat with a meat hammer and wrap around onion, deseeded jalapenos, and yellow or orange bell pepper, thinly sliced.  Wrap with bacon.  I throw a large chunk of hickory on the fire and set all the kebobs on the far end of the grill, away from all flame and coals, and let smoke until the bacon is cooked.  Meat and veggies all in one bite

WOW 5-7 days in the marinade.... Man than sounds good.
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 10:24
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Nice!!! Do you cut the vien out of the jalapenos?

So when are you going to be around? I'm booked untill the 8th. We need to do the tanerrrite test we have talked about also..

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 10:24
MAN I AM THERE!
I'll make a huge pot of my Shrimp Creole!
Damn I am hungry now!!!!  Actually ALWAYS! Clown
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic