OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Weather Report
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Winter is Back

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2009 at 11:00
i think any of us who live in the mid-west know better!! more snow than we have had in over 10yrs colder temps etc. etc. yeah it was scam! i know crops around here took a beating last summer. cooler temps and a lot of rain! thats my whole point, everybody is blaming everything on global warming and al gore is the face of global warming, if he still thinks that a problem he needs to come up here and sit in the 5ft snow bank i have in my yard while its -30 and tell me its global warming!

Edited by pyro6999 - March/06/2009 at 11:02
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
SD Dog View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2009 at 11:04
If he sat in the snow bank next to you, you might get the .375 out.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2009 at 11:05
no, im not like that.

a daisy red ryder would be better
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2009 at 11:14
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

no, im not like that.

a daisy red ryder would be better

HAHA  SLOWWWWwww and painful huh!  LOL
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2009 at 11:15
correctDevil
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2009 at 11:50
  We had a bad winter. Steadier cold than past years but not enough snow or moisture. We never had over 3" on the ground at one time and MAYBE a total of 8" all winter. 30+ yrs ago we averaged and got 90 to 110" a year. It's been downhill since. Right now it dangerous dry,around 70 degrees,and 25 mph winds.  Been ALOT of structure and brush fires. One going on now that's trying to jump the road to a farm house and out buildings.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2009 at 23:21
Well Oklahoma is putting out the heat. We have Grass fires all over. There are several that have exceded 1000 acres. 72 Deg at 11:20 PM
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2009 at 00:02
  1:00 AM and 62 Deg!  No moisture in sight.
trigger29 View Drop Down
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 20:04
Woke up to 2"+ fresh snow this morning, and snowing to beat hell, and just about all melted by this afternoon. Wierd weather we have here.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 20:09
It's pretty nice here in Cali..... trimmed/pruned the trees. Thinned out others did some yard work. picked up dog crap for (3) washed my truck all ready for next week to come and go!
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 21:04
Originally posted by trigger29 trigger29 wrote:

Woke up to 2"+ fresh snow this morning, and snowing to beat hell, and just about all melted by this afternoon. Wierd weather we have here.

SAturday was sunnier but temps were great , in mid 60s. 

Spent yesterday at the range.  Today spent about 3.5 hours at the trout farm with my 6 yr old neice.  She caught 3 rainbows with her new pole and the rest of us all caught one each while holding her pole for her while she ran around.  Great place for families and younguns!  All rainbows 10 to 16 inches are $4.75; 16 to 24 inches are $8.75.  All we caught were 1.2 to 1.75 pounds. so, 6 filleted, in the bag $30.  Kid had great time.  The owner keeps a grill going and gives the kids free dogs and burgers.  No license required so it is well worth it.  It cost $37.50 for fishing license plus trout stamp in PA and that doesn't garuntee fish!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 21:07
Originally posted by rifle looney rifle looney wrote:

It's pretty nice here in Cali..... trimmed/pruned the trees. Thinned out others did some yard work. picked up dog crap for (3) washed my truck all ready for next week to come and go!

So whats your favorite trimming / pruning tool? 300WSM?
--Thomas Jefferson

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 21:26
That'll work but livin in the city some one might object dont ya know!
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 21:36
Originally posted by rifle looney rifle looney wrote:

That'll work but livin in the city some one might object dont ya know!

Not to your face...at least not before your done! Wink
--Thomas Jefferson

Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 21:39

"Get Busy Livin' or get busy dyin'" -Red (Shawshank Redemption)
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 21:42
Hey did that too!  Whistling     not.

Edited by rifle looney - March/08/2009 at 22:03
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 21:44
Too much information!!!!!!!!Shocked
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 21:51
What I stated I cut the trees and left out the bushes part and your post reminded me. Thank you ......don't know what you are suggesting but I'm not liking your attitude right now! maybe it's past your bed time huh?...........WinkSleep
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 21:54
My attitude? okkkkkk........not my past my bed time but I know for a fact it's past yours (It's not a joke it really is)
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2009 at 21:59
It is getting there quickly... the time change is going to mess me up for a while.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic