OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

I AM MY OWN WORST ENEMY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2009 at 11:06
nope small rifle primers
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2009 at 11:13
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

a month. If the CC can hold it,, go one a week.
 Thats a big part of the problem BD.  I have great credit cause I never do did this sort of thing.  Credit won't be great for long at this rate Ouch

The only good thing is I don't have to hear it. Argue
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2009 at 11:15
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

a month. If the CC can hold it,, go one a week.
 Thats a big part of the problem BD.  I have great credit cause I never do did this sort of thing.  Credit won't be great for long at this rate Ouch

The only good thing is I don't have to hear it. Argue

credit is over rated. Besides the "KING will bail you out if you get into trouble.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2009 at 11:16
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

nope small rifle primers

Figures!  Powders used?
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2009 at 11:40
The guns may get very cheap with out a source of ammo. The only 300 win mags I am finding are $63 a box Fusion. .223 unheard of, .22 all sold out. Plenty of shotgun shells though.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2009 at 12:01
benchmark, ram shot tac, 4895, 4198 rl-10x, h 380, varget etc.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2009 at 12:58
This sight is JUST AS BAD as going in to my local gun shop.

I thought I was done buying rifles and optics.

I came in here looking for confirmation of what my local guy was trying to sell me for a scope for my FNAR... and now after a few threads about the new 22lrs coming out... I find myself doing all kinds of research and planning buying a 22lr.  It was on here that I first saw the 22lr from Colt.

Not only that, after reading all the info on red dots and ACOGS in here I have 2 or 3 optics in mind for my own 22lr and an optic to put on a 22lr for my buddy that is having his 40th birthday.

Yesterday I took the FNAR to the range and ended up with this hit pattern at 150 yards
My eyes SUCK, I simply can't see that far well even with a 4-12x42 scope, so now after reading all about scopes on here I am now considering something with more magnification power.

It hasn't cost me anything just yet.... but I am on the cusp of spending $1,000+ on 22lr rifles, a couple hundred on two short range sights, and who knows how much on a scope with more magnification.

The heck with Obama, THIS SITE is bad for my financial situation.

As you can probably tell, it takes me quite a bit of time to buy something, but when I do it is usually pretty well thought out.

Edited by Ick - March/24/2009 at 13:31
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2009 at 13:11
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

The guns may get very cheap with out a source of ammo. The only 300 win mags I am finding are $63 a box Fusion. .223 unheard of, .22 all sold out. Plenty of shotgun shells though.

Another reason to roll your own! Cool
--Thomas Jefferson

BillyWayne View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyWayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2009 at 13:13
Yep.  Roll 'em and have fun doing it too.
John 11:35
The're taking the hobbits to Isengard!!
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2009 at 13:14
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

benchmark, ram shot tac, 4895, 4198 rl-10x, h 380, varget etc.

Not to bad!  Just picked up 8# Varget last night also have H4895.

So bullets primers casings and Dies for 223 and the gun.....NOOOOOOO problem!
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2009 at 13:19
[QUOTE=Ick]This sight is JUST AS BAD as going in to my local gun shop.

I thought I was done buying rifles and optics.

I came in here looking for confirmation of what my local guy was trying to sell me for a scope for my FNAR... and now after a few threads about the new 22lrs coming out... I find myself doing all kinds of research and planning buying a 22lr.  It was on here that I first saw the 22lr from Colt.

Not only that, after reading all the info on red dots and ACOGS in here I have 2 or 3 optics in mind for my own 22lr and an optic to put on a 22lr for my buddy that is having his 40th birthday.

Yesterday I took the FNAR to the range and ended up with this hit pattern at 150 yards
My eyes SUCK, I simply can't see that far well even with a 4-12x42 scope, so now after reading all about scopes on here I am now considering something with more magnification power.

It hasn't cost me anything just yet.... but I am on the cusp of spending $1,000+ on 22lr rifles, a couple hundred on two short range sights, and who knows how much on a scope with more magnification.

The heck with Obama, THIS SITE is bad for my fancial situation.

As you can probably tell, it takes me quite a bit of time to buy something, but NIB for $299.

Want another friend/???   My birthday is in June, hint, hint! Wink
--Thomas Jefferson

rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2009 at 17:16
Bud Winchester 748 works good for 223 and everyone has it in stock.  around here anyway,
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 21:49
 I've been eyeing a Sako  A7  30-06 Whatever

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - April/07/2009 at 00:51

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2009 at 05:57
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

I've been eyeing a Sako  A7  30-06 Whatever

Seems that most of the married guys hide the purchase for as long as possible. 

If you can safely slip it into the collection unnoticed...go for it! You only live once,
why not buy the things that make you happy? Big Grin
--Thomas Jefferson

Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2009 at 07:00
My technique Bud is to take an empty hard case out of the house on the pretext of showing a gun to a friend.  Then when I bring it back with a new gun no one is wiser.  Course tryin' to hoard the money unseen in the first place is a different trick!
God save the Empire!
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2009 at 07:21
I picked up some "sighting in new scope" rounds in .300WM.  They were the "reduced recoil" variety, for $21.99!  Should have gotten 2 or 3 boxes.  I think they messed up!
take em!
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2009 at 07:22
Dogger - now thats brilliant!!!!  Why haven't you shared that with us before?
take em!
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2009 at 07:33
Originally posted by Dogger Dogger wrote:

My technique Bud is to take an empty hard case out of the house on the pretext of showing a gun to a friend.  Then when I bring it back with a new gun no one is wiser.  Course tryin' to hoard the money unseen in the first place is a different trick!

Laugh Above  Excellent  It appears Dogger is a mutt.  He has some Fox in him too! Excellent
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2009 at 07:36
Originally posted by Tip69 Tip69 wrote:

I picked up some "sighting in new scope" rounds in .300WM.  They were the "reduced recoil" variety, for $21.99!  Should have gotten 2 or 3 boxes.  I think they messed up!

I'd have to agree!  Better go back and get more while you can.  Thats a great price especially for mags.
--Thomas Jefferson

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2009 at 18:10
Cool

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - April/07/2009 at 00:51

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic