OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Tripods, sun shades, lens covers, etc.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leupold Zero Point Boresighter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote culpeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2008 at 23:14
Please excuse my spelling above.  Thanks.
andbro View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2008 at 09:11
Question on the Leupold Boresighter if anyone can help -- Mine has always worked great, but the last time I pulled it out, it's showing all of my scopes sighted 6" high (which they aren't).  Seems like it has gotten knocked out of whack.  Is there any way to adjust it?
eugenef View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eugenef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/2008 at 16:20
Hey guys I am new but have been buying most of my tactical gear from this site: competitor.com They seem to come up pretty often for most of the stuff I need. I had to return some stuff and no problem. Anyways I found the Leupold Zero Point Magnetic Illuminated Boresighter pretty cheap right at OP. Just wanted to share the link! If I see anywhere cheaper will keep you updated but been checking a few sites and seems like they are the most reputable. Hope I helped someone out :)              
eugenef View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eugenef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/2008 at 16:36
hey guys i guess the link didnt work but anyways its competitor, just google it :)
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2008 at 11:03
Eugene, We have rules here about posting competitors addresses and even listing their names. This is an open forum, it is however hosted by SWFA. As such we here are loyal to them for being so gracious. Now please read our rules before any continuance of posting here.

1.  Keep it clean.  If you have to ask your self whether or not it's clean.........don't post it.  This includes images too, no blood, guts, nudity, etc.  Only respectful "Hero Shots" of harvested game can be posted.  Pictures of bloody game, game hanging or game in the bed of pick-up truck are not respectable.

2.  No personal attacks.  If you think someone is an idiot, (chances are) everyone else does too.  No need to post it.

3.  Do not advertise our competition.  We work hard to gain the respect and support of our customers.  We also offer a 110% Low Price Guarantee.

4.  No religious discussions or politics unless it relates to guns, optics, and or shooting.

5.  PM stands for Private Message.  Do not share PM's without the consent of the sender.

6.  The Optics Talk forum is not to be used as a customer service tool for SWFA customers.  Tracking numbers, Order Status, Credit Card issues, etc. need to be directed to our Customer Service Professionals at 972-617-7056 from 8 a.m -5 p.m CDT or via e-mail at swfa@swfa.com.

7.  For Sale ads are to be placed in Member's Trading Post area only.  Read the For Sale Rules prior to selling.

With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
clivej View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clivej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2009 at 14:40
Hi all first post here on OpticStalk.
Just need a bit of info on the Zero Point.  I brought one of these last week and need to know.
First I will zero the scopes cross hairs to be dead center, using a 'vee' block and pumb line.

With the bore sighter fitted to the muzzel and the scope in windage adjustable mounts, if I line up the scopes vertical windage reticle line with the zero points vertical line will my scope be exactly above dead center, parallel and true to the rifles bore?
Thanks.
culpeper View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote culpeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2009 at 15:27
Mount the scope first for shooting.  Then use the instructions with the boresighter.  Your crosshairs should line up with the illuminated grid lines.  The only major thing to consider is the rule on the side of the boresighter and you crosshair height.  Don't worry so much if the boresighter is exactly centered.  Just eyeball the crosshairs and the gridlines for alignment.  The optics take care of that.  Then use your elevations and windage knobs to boresight the scope.  Your first shot at about 100 yards should be on paper.  Most times down and to the right on paper.
onfinal View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onfinal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 20:03
I used my Leupold Zero Point Boresighter for the first time today and was unable to see the grid in daylight. I had aligned reticle with grid last night in my basement where I could control lighting, but when I went to the range this morning to recheck and sight in, the Zero Point's grid was very faint to non existent, and unuseable. It was a bright clear morning but I was facing away from the sun and had a darkish background (dirt bank).

I went ahead and fired that particular rifle 15 times and did well anyway, but really disappointed I couldn't get the Zero Point to work. Anybody have any clues how I could get more out of it? No one else in this thread seems to have had that problem and I'm wondering how you all did it.
Oldtrader3 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldtrader3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2009 at 10:59
One poster asked about stainless steel barrels and Zero Point.  Most stainless steel barrels are martensitic stainless (i.e. 416 stainless) with enough carbon steel content to retain magnetic properties despite being labelled as stainless steel.
CDR3
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2009 at 10:42
i have one these damn things dont work worth a f***K. i must be doing something wrong, it does get you on paper & save some ammo. thats about it.
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2009 at 10:58
Isn't that the point of any boresighter, just to get you on paper.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2009 at 11:22
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

Isn't that the point of any boresighter, just to get you on paper.  

+1, that's exactly what they're for. To depend on them for anything more is a mistake.
BTW, this threads been around awhile.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2009 at 16:00
yeah i know it's been around a while, just came across it. yes but only gets yea with 6/8in  oh well who cares
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2009 at 16:05
Originally posted by hunterwingler hunterwingler wrote:

yeah i know it's been around a while, just came across it. yes but only gets yea with 6/8in  oh well who cares

If that is @100yds, you are doing good.
Nothing wrong with bringing an old and relevant thread to the top, either.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2009 at 00:38
No it's about 50yrds but like said oh well still does the job for the most part.

hitman_usmc View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitman_usmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2010 at 15:55
I realize this is an old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one on the same topic. 

I just got the zero point to boresight my AR.  The problem is when everything is lined up, I can only see the bottom four squares of the grid.  I can't reach the grid with my scope even with the elevation cranked until it stops.  Any suggestions?
Fomer USMC
Current LEO
eaglesharp10 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaglesharp10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2010 at 02:38
today only i got my leupold`s zero point boresight . i m facing one problem my grid pattern
is changing while moving the boresighter left and right with the
respect to the reticle of the scope (but moving vertically is having no effect ).
plz enlightened me of my problem.
eaglesharp10 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaglesharp10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2010 at 02:47
today i bought my leupold`s zero point boresighter . i am facing one problem
thats the grid pattern of boresighter is changing when boresighter is moved in left and right position (no problem when moved up and down) plz enlightened me of this problem.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2010 at 14:12
Things to note for the Leupold Zero point Magnetic Bore sight

The magnetic bore sighter will always need to be aligned vertically with the scope. The height only needs to be approximate because of the prism effect of the device. The scope sight in point will usually not be the center of the Grid. It usually is not the same between different rifles because of the difference in the crown on the barrels. It will be the same when used on the same rifle between different scopes. Use the supplied grid recording sheet or make your own to keep a record for all of your weapons for future reference. I have found this device to be accurate within 2"out to 300 yds when swapping scopes on a rifle if proper care is taken. When recording your actual zero point after initial sight in.  Then use the same diligence to realign  the new scope. After using the zero point a few times you will find the usual sweet spot that will be close for most rifles to get on the paper.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
culpeper View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote culpeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2011 at 22:24
I've used this device for years.  It is fantastic for checking vertical zero any time you want to.  It is not good for setting horizontal zero unless you have a way to set the magnetic bore sighter absolute plum center on the muzzle.  I scanned one of the stickers that came with it and blew it up so it prints about page size.  This is what I mark my zero for various ranges.  Also, always use the same AO setting when using this device.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic