OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Swarovski SLC vs EL?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swarovski SLC vs EL?
    Posted: April/13/2004 at 08:53
Whoever has used both of these binoculars, is there a significant difference in the resolution or ability to "view into shadows" of these two binoculars?
SAKO 75 SS View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAKO 75 SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2004 at 12:14

Optically these two binoculars are the same. The SLC model is offered in a variety of sizes compared to the EL model which is only offered in the 32mm or 42mm objective lens size. The SLC can be a better binocular  for low light viewing if you choose the 8X56 or the 10X50 or the 7X42 because these have a large exit pupil. the EL model has one size with a large exit pupil and that is the 8.5X42. As far as design goes the EL is by far the better binocular for is is double hinged and is lighter in weight. the EL is very comfortable to hold as well. For the money diffrence I would stick with the SLC model. the SLC is still very hard to beat optically.

Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2004 at 13:40
I would stick to the EL's  this bino has alot more to offer!
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2004 at 13:58
I would say it depends on what you are doing with the binoculars.  Like SAKO pointed out the SLC line has more models that can fit a specific need.  The EL series are great if you are using them primarily in the day time, carrying them all day and if they have the possibility to be abused.  If you were hunting out of a stand for whitetail mostly then I would say the 8x56 SLC would be the way to go.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic