OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Its the year 2025............

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Its the year 2025............
    Posted: March/31/2009 at 06:32
Its the year 2025 and .............................  YOU FILL IN THE REST OF THE STORY with any topic you can dream up.... (i'm sure with the characters on this blog this should be entertaining, especially ED)
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2009 at 07:25
Its the year 2025 and .............................  and Barack Obama will be eligible for early parole release............
God save the Empire!
anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2009 at 07:44
Its the year 2025 and America's population has grown from 300 million to 400 million.
The highways are completely chocked off with traffic, but the country has not yet built extensive public transportation systems. Gasoline costs $18.50/gallon. 
anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2009 at 09:27
Its the year 2025 and America's refugees are leaving coastal cities and low lying coasts driven by the rising sea levels. Many of these refugess are not educated, skilled, or wanted. They spur unemployment and crime rates in already overcrowded large cities inland.  
anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2009 at 09:32
Its the year 2025 and America's West and Southwest, colonized and developed during a century of unusually high rainfall, is experiencing very high temperatures, severe droughts, widespread water shortages, crop failures, and forest fires. Millions of residents of California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Texas, and Nex Mexico, attracted to the regions' sunshine during the 1990s an 2000s, move to other parts of the country, such as the Misssisippi River Valley.
anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2009 at 09:35
Its the year 2025, and America's wind and solar energy companies, electric vehicle manufacturers, and water suppliers, are some of the most prosperous companies.  
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2009 at 09:35
they better not move to the mississippi river valley that will drive the insurance rates up since thats a flood plain.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2009 at 09:39
Its the year 2025, and America's Midwest is experiencing erratic weather patters due global warming. Ice storms and tornado numbers have increased every winter, but snow cover is less or completely absent. When rains do come, they ususally cause damages and floods, followed by long periods of drought. Summers are very hot, and essential crops need irrigation at a time of increased competition and demand for water. Many small farmers are put out of bussiness by crop failures and increased costs of crop insurance.
anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2009 at 09:42
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

they better not move to the mississippi river valley that will drive the insurance rates up since thats a flood plain.
Most of them will have no choice, because the lands safe from floods will not be available to them. When i write "valley" i mean the region, not the actual plain next to the river. 
anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2009 at 09:43
It's the year 2025, and malaria and yellow fever are back every now and then. 

Edited by anweis - March/31/2009 at 09:44
bricat View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bricat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2009 at 09:53

.......and the NATURALLY OCCURING warming trend has subsided and all the "global warming" alarmists are having a hard time explaining why overall global temperatures have dropped by .75 degrees. ......polar bears have been reproducing at an alarming rate and there is talk of increasing bag limits on those giant pesky white rats! - thank you former President Palin (now retired after two terms in office)

anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2009 at 09:54
Its the year 2025, and there finally is peace in Afghanistan. After repeated failures and losses, the US  military had withdrawn from the region. Afghanistan's population has grown from 34 million to 56 million. Under pressures of severe water shortages (the glaciers in the Himalayas that fed the stream flows had melted due to global warming), famine, and poverty, millions of people move through the Kyber Pass toward Pakistan. They cary with them support for the Taleban, no education, and extreme anger and desperation. Pakistan's government and military collapse and are replaced by the Taleban, which seize the country's nuclear arsenal.  Within hours, US and India launch a massive nuclear attack against Pakistan and Afghanistan.  With most of it's population killed, there finally is peace in Afghanistan.

Edited by anweis - March/31/2009 at 09:55
anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2009 at 09:59
Originally posted by anweis anweis wrote:

Its the year 2025, and there finally is peace in Afghanistan. After repeated failures and losses, the US  military had withdrawn from the region. Afghanistan's population has grown from 34 million to 56 million. Under pressures of severe water shortages (the glaciers in the Himalayas that fed the stream flows had melted due to global warming), famine, and poverty, millions of people move toward Pakistan and India. They cary with them support for the Taleban, no education, and extreme anger and desperation. Pakistan's government and military collapse and are replaced by the Taleban, which seize the country's nuclear arsenal.  Within hours, US and India launch a massive nuclear attack against Pakistan and Afghanistan.  With most of it's population killed, there finally is peace in Afghanistan.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2009 at 10:01
Eduardo makes a gadzillion dollars selling Raid and mosquito repellent.  I get paid in goats.....  

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2009 at 10:05
anweis, whatever anti-depressents you're on are not working! 

The same species that brought us cures for anthrax, rabies, smallpox, polio; developed penicillin, insulin and a host of other benefits is not just going to roll over.

I am not a futurist but I believe your apocalyptic forecast may be a bit premature.  For sure I don't have the answers but a lot of folks much smarter than me have not given up and are working diligently.
God save the Empire!
anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2009 at 10:09
Originally posted by Dogger Dogger wrote:

anweis, whatever anti-depressents you're on are not working! 

The same species that brought us cures for anthrax, rabies, smallpox, polio; developed penicillin, insulin and a host of other benefits is not just going to roll over.

I am not a futurist but I believe your apocalyptic forecast may be a bit premature.  For sure I don't have the answers but a lot of folks much smarter than me have not given up and are working diligently.

Dude, i never said that we will not fix those problems, i just said that we will have them.

anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2009 at 10:11
Its the year 2025...Sarah... who?
bricat View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bricat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2009 at 10:12
Yeah "dude"
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2009 at 10:13
I'll accept that anweis - so now, give me a positive - just a little glimmer of hope, I'm dyin' here!

Sorry, didn't mean to sound condescending with my use of accepting!

Edited by Dogger - March/31/2009 at 10:14
God save the Empire!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2009 at 10:24
its the year 2025, anweis is drafted to serve his country, instead of him expecting his country to serve him.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic