OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

A few SS questions...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82ndVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A few SS questions...
    Posted: May/06/2009 at 07:47
I would like to know a few things about the SS scopes.

1) Who handles any warranty work (if needed)?

2) What does the scope come with? Booklet...? Warranty card...? Lens cloth...?...ect.

That's all for now...
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2009 at 08:10
Bushnell for the warranty work, and you get a manual and maybe a lens cloth. 

The reason to buy isn't the little things, it is the scope itself.  Even if the box is devoid of anything but scope, it is still a scram'in deal.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
82ndVet View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82ndVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2009 at 08:19
Ok, next question...

Does SWFA only sell the newer SS scopes now?
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2009 at 08:43
http://www.swfa.com/c-231-swfa-ss-rifle-scopes.aspx 

As fresh as you can get them.

Edited by Stephanie - May/06/2009 at 09:59
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
82ndVet View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82ndVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2009 at 09:17
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

http://www.swfa.com/c-231-swfa-ss-rifle-scopes.aspx 

As fresh and you can get them.

Really...??

Well...I'm just wondering why I just received a Tasco SS scope from 2002...? Complete with an instruction booklet in 4 different languages, and a Tasco warranty card?

I called SWFA this past Thursday to check the back order times, and was told 2 weeks. Great I said. Ordered on Friday, scope shipped same day as if it had been in stock all along. Now based on some discussion in this thread...

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=16408

and this thread about instructions "not" being included...

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=15398

...I feel that I did not get a good, quality product...and certainly not a new one.

Anyone care to elaborate?

Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2009 at 09:55
"I just received a Tasco SS scope from 2002"

This is the copy right on the Tasco product registration card not the scope.
The scope is NEW from the factory. We just recieved that scope last week. So I can guarantee you that scope was not made in 2002. If you look on your new ss scope you will see that scope is new since it no longer has Tasco listed on it.

This scope has a life time warranty. Bushnell does all the warraty work on the SS scope for us. We are in the process of adding our own instruction manual but at this time it has not been done. The paper work that is included is the original paper work that came with the SS scope when we took over the line from Tasco.

.I feel that I did not get a good, quality product...and certainly not a new one.

This is 100% new "good,quality product" You can't get a newer one then the one you have now..

Edited by Stephanie - May/06/2009 at 09:56
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2009 at 10:00

Really...??
Yes really!

Well...I'm just wondering why I just received a Tasco SS scope from 2002...? Complete with an instruction booklet in 4 different languages, and a Tasco warranty card?
When we took over the Super Snipers we had a plan to make them as much of a bargain as possible! Seeing as changing out the current warranty cards/instruction manual would cost more money so we left it alone for the time being to pass the savings on to our customers. There is an instruction manual included with it. However if you have anymore questions I would be more than happy to help you.

I called SWFA this past Thursday to check the back order times, and was told 2 weeks. Great I said. Ordered on Friday, scope shipped same day as if it had been in stock all along. Now based on some discussion in this thread...
The Super Snipers were on back order on Friday however we did also receive them on Friday and still got them out that SAME day.

...I feel that I did not get a good, quality product...and certainly not a new one.

Anyone care to elaborate?
You definately got a new scope and as for the quality no need to comment there I will just let the scope speak for itself. We do not sell or stock old Super Snipers PERIOD. If you buy a new one you get exactly that a new one.

[/QUOTE]

Edited by Chris Farris II - May/06/2009 at 10:05
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
82ndVet View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82ndVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2009 at 10:06
Ok mam...just wanted to clarify those issues with someone. Thanks.

I do hope that you realize my concerns were warranted though, based on the two threads I listed, and that the warranty card that was included is to be mailed to Tasco in "Denver CO"...?? Is this correct...considering Bushnell is in Overland Park, KS....and any warranty work is done in Lenexa, KS.

Thanks for your time.
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2009 at 10:10
No send it to bushnell in Overland Park Kansas for all warranty work.
Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2009 at 10:14

Just ignore the warraty card. That only applied to the original SS Tasco scopes. Tasco has nothing to do with the SS scopes any longer. As long as you have the receipt from us Bushnell will take it in for warranty. If you lose the receipt we also have it on file. But I promise you we stand behind the SS scope no matter what.  Big Smile

Edited by Stephanie - May/06/2009 at 10:16
82ndVet View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82ndVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2009 at 10:16
Originally posted by Chris Farris II Chris Farris II wrote:

No send it to bushnell in Overland Park Kansas for all warranty work.

Ok thanks.

I hope I didn't strike too many nerves with y'all by posting this thread. I just wanted to check things out, as most customers would. BTW, your customer service was excellent...no complaints. Thanks for your quick replies and info on the subject. Smile
Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2009 at 10:27
No problem at all!!! You would never have known if you did not ask. I understand the concern on the SS. If you have any question on that scope please ask. We will try our best to help you on it. Big Grin

So go have fun with your SS scope!!  Besure to let us know what you think of it. Thunbs Up
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2009 at 10:35
Strike too many nerves? Not at all brother. If you stick around on this forum you will see it is more of a brotherhood than anything and any of us are more than willing to lend a helping hand when and where we can.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2009 at 14:31
Well done, Team SWFA!
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2009 at 14:45
Now if we could just get the Super Sniper variable!

But I know that is an altogether different issue and thread.

Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2009 at 17:27
I'm still waiting for a warranty estimate...YippeeClown
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2009 at 22:59
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

Now if we could just get the Super Sniper variable!

But I know that is an altogether different issue and thread.

Boy I'll second that one.  I'd settle for the new Weaver Tactical but it wont be out until Sept.  I just keep looking and looking for something variable under a grand that will work for me.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2009 at 14:22
Devil
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2009 at 17:55

Devil

CFII,
  Uncool dude, If you know something and don't share info with fellow Mafia members.
You know the punishment.....      Baseball Bat

Edited by Steelbenz - May/08/2009 at 17:55
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2009 at 05:22
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

Devil

CFII,
  Uncool dude, If you know something and don't share info with fellow Mafia members.
You know the punishment.....      Baseball Bat

Maybe a little water boarding is in order.......
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic