OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Old friends

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2009 at 18:01
Sounds like you take good care of all your girls Daddy Dan!
Good Luck
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2009 at 20:26
Since my last post on this, Bar had made amazing progress.  It is all due to all your prayers and the excellent steroids.  I am amazed  at her progress in the last couple of days.  Thank you all for every prayer sent.  
I am convinced... Bar is going to be OK.
Thank God, thank you  all.

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2009 at 18:32
Progress is excellent.  She is getting stronger every day.  She is still stiff in the back legs, but that is where she took the brunt of the hit.  Probably won't post on this until there is something more to report, but thank you all for your concern and prayers.  She really looks good for a 28 year old horse that got run over by a car...

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2009 at 19:30
Nice to hear the horses are both doing well DanExcellent Great! One of the things that gets to me most in life, is to see animals suffer.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2009 at 20:06
good news for sure!!!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2009 at 20:10
good to see ya posting so soon Julio.  Be sure to not over do it!
--Thomas Jefferson

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2009 at 20:33
I grew up around horses but have not ridden is many years. Looks like fun to me.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2009 at 21:13
I cannot ride any more which is ok. I still enjoy watching them, especially when they have lots of room to really run...Thanks B
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2009 at 17:10
I expanded Bar's stall yesterday and today.  She trotted yesterday for the first time since the accident.  She now has a corral in the backyard... still cannot be "on her own".  She is recovering very well.  The vet said the other day that he had really written her off and was amazed at her recovery.  He did not believe it would be possible.  It is a real blessing to be able to see her start to look like her old self (no pun intended).  She has really gotten spoled, though.  She gets a smoothie of carrots, apples, minerals, bone supplements and apple juice morning and evening with her grain.  
Thank you for all your prayer support.  

3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2009 at 17:27
Glad to hear that she is getting better. Keep up the good work.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2009 at 17:32
Good to hear! As Ive said before , I hate to see animals suffer. Its great that you are treating he so well with the Smoothies and attention...Perhaps my Wife and I will move over to your neighborhood as we get older. Please do let me know if the house next door becomes available!!! We like to have breakfeast around 10:00 ish and of course we will need our meds with a Smoothie following that! Gosh DanYippee this is sounding more exciting all the time...I promise when we hit 80 we will not be that grumpy either, promise! Maybe on Sundays you can wheel us over to the local fishin hole after we go to the range and shoot our little 22'sWink

Julio....
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2009 at 17:39
Where I live, there is no "next door"...

However, we could probably build a mobile home park on the backside of the property...

JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2009 at 17:51
Ohhhh, Alright but your going to have to build us wheel chair ramps for our Suped Up Scooters that will will be driving...Im not talking about the ones that that the obese people in Wal-mart ride either! These will be Custom, with a min. of 425 HP. Im sure you folks can save up enough to do this for us by that time...My wife is 47 and Im 52 so you still have plenty of time..... Do not worry Dan, I will be doing my part to as Im alrready applying for SSD, so that will cover some of the Ethanol for the Scooters...An upper scale triple wide will have to do, I was just dreaming about the Log Cabin of course..But I was serious about the waterfall!

Thanks Again!
J....... This Much
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2009 at 18:20
Dan, you can make mine a double wide tree stand, with a excellent view of the feed plots.  If ya do it right I should be able to shoot my deer without getting out of bed! Big Grin
--Thomas Jefferson

JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2009 at 18:43

OMG, Neighbors? Bud Im hoping you have your own ScooterBaseball Bat

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2009 at 18:57
Son's a tuner! have 12!  Your front yard just turned into a parking lot!
--Thomas Jefferson

JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2009 at 19:26
Dan, Sorry I got carried away on your thread! I will go back where I came from and get off of here, sorry!. Bud and I are both homeless , but thats ok right Bud. Im just glad your son is a tuner, whatever that is Bud....
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2009 at 19:37
You guys have a lot of work to do before you get decrepit...  
You need to start soon.  

Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2009 at 19:46
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2009 at 21:13
Don't sweat it too much Julio.  Dan's got 50 acres to play with.  I only have 2.5 acres and no woods.  I was just fishing for a hunting spot in that neck of the woods! Smile Dan probably won't have any trees left anyway.  That 458 lott eats them!

A tuner is the current generations version of a greasemonkey.  Hotrodding cars with turbos and computers, usually rice burners not good old american musclecars.  my sons '84 2.8liter 6cyc BWM 325e has 400+HP.  Scary fast!!!
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic