OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

How good are bushnell legend scopes ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boliodogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How good are bushnell legend scopes ?
    Posted: July/08/2009 at 11:10
In the bushnell catalog the legend has fully multi-coated optics and 91 percent light transmission which is better than the 3200. I do not see them rated in the swfa scope ratings. I like the light weight and large fov. on the 2-7x32 legend and the 4-12x40 might make a good big game-varmit scope with a good fov. and eye relief. How good are these two legends and how do they rate against simular models in the leupold vxll and vxlll?
sholling View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2009 at 13:04
Chuck Hawks rates it was a "3-Star" scope.

Ratings
NRA, SAF, & CRPA life member
Member Madison Society & Revolutionary War Veteran Association (Project Appleseed)

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. ;)
boliodogs View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boliodogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2009 at 13:28

Sholling, thanks ,this is very helpful.

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2009 at 13:31
I have one and think it is a dandy scope for the money.  Glass is very good, not as good as my 4200s, but close.  During the day time not much difference can be seen at all.  I would not hesitate a second to buy one again if I was on a tighter budget and could not afford the 4200
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
boliodogs View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boliodogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2009 at 17:30
Supertool73, thanks. I found a 4200 2.5-10x40 for $300. I will just buy it for now. It comes highly praised by so many on this forum that I want to tryone out.
papa_bear View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2009 at 17:49
Just pray you dont have to deal with their customer service. I'm goin through it right now.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
R. Reagan
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2009 at 18:00
  GOOD LUCK,pb!  And let us know how it goes if ya would.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2009 at 22:49
the legend is a 3200 without rainguard i believe, they recoil test the legend to the same 1000 rounds of .375H&H just like the 3200.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2009 at 01:03
Bushnell 1-4x24 Trophy 30mm Rifle Scope Bushnell 1-4x24 Trophy 30mm Rifle Scope
Stock # - 731424M
  • Matte
  • 4A w/ Illuminated Dot
  • 30mm
$144.95 
Add Bushnell 1-4x24 Trophy 30mm Rifle Scope to Cart 
I have one of these and I wish I had several they are a dandy little scope and quite tough for the price.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
boliodogs View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boliodogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2009 at 16:56
Urimaginaryfrnd, thanks.
Randall45 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2009 at 10:29
I have a 3-9x40 Legend on a Winchester M70 300 WSM.This was how the department store sold the rifles.Some had Simmons 8point scopes for $30 less so I bought the one with the Legend.My opinion is that there as good as my 3200 or Nikon ProStaff.It's held up to over 200 rounds of 300 WSM. 
boliodogs View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boliodogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2009 at 07:28
Randall45
thanks for the information.
kesi View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kesi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2017 at 16:57
Does anyone Bushnell Legend HD 4.5-14x44 Mil-Dot? Glass is the same as the SII, or better? I do not want to be disappointed ...

(I'm sorry, I use google translator).
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2017 at 19:09
Dude… get a Meopta...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
magshooter1 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magshooter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2017 at 07:28
I have three Bushnell Legend HD 4.5-14x44's with the duplex.  To me the glass is as good as the first generation Nikon Monarch's which I have compared it to.  Can't tell you how it compares to a SII.  Don't own and have never owned a Sightron.  Looked at the 4.5-14x50 in a store and remember being underwhelmed.  Finish felt like you could scratch it with your fingernail.
Some people are educated BEYOND their intelligence.
kesi View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kesi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2017 at 09:58
Thank you, that's not good. I'd rather give you more money for Weaver V16 ballistic x
I need regulation parallax and good image.
kesi View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kesi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2017 at 08:41
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Dude… get a Meopta...

I bought a Meopta Smile  

Edit: ZD 4-16x44 RD. Second-hand.

Edited by kesi - March/22/2017 at 07:56
magshooter1 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magshooter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2017 at 07:11
Many years ago I had (briefly) one of the Weaver V16's.  Didn't care for it much so I sent it down the road.  Was too hard to get behind and eye relief was short.  I'd look at the Burris Droptine in this price range.
Some people are educated BEYOND their intelligence.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic