OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Sports Channel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

College Football Thread!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 41>
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2009 at 16:46
Originally posted by Monster Monster wrote:

5'10 195 not a big back but plays much bigger and is really quick

I saw a little clip of some of his plays today, he was really impressive.  You don't ever hear much about Cal, since 'that other school' plays in the same state.  I'd like to see a RB win  the Heisman....it's been a little while.
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2009 at 18:11
Yea me too...especially when it has been almost the same people up for it year for the past few years
"Get Busy Livin' or get busy dyin'" -Red (Shawshank Redemption)
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2009 at 17:47

We should have a pretty good one tonite.  I'm looking forward to seeing Miss. QB Snead.  My Redskins are probably going to be needing a cube next year  No No

Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2009 at 01:09
S. Carolina upsets Ol' Miss another top 10 team bites the dust
"Get Busy Livin' or get busy dyin'" -Red (Shawshank Redemption)
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2009 at 06:22
Miss. was either WAY over-rated, or they played like complete garbage.  Spurrier's team didn't play all that great, and they still won the game.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2009 at 10:09
Originally posted by swtucker swtucker wrote:

Miss. was either WAY over-rated, or they played like complete garbage.  Spurrier's team didn't play all that great, and they still won the game.

Agreed. Didn't see that coming!

Don't think my beloved Florida goes undeafeated either. Thing is, they can still lose 1 game early, say to LSU, then win the SEC and play for the national championship. Don't think any of the big teams, from the major confernces will go undeafeated this year.
Last time Texas went undeafeated was 39 YEARS ago!!   
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2009 at 10:49
That's the problem with being number one so early in the season. You lose a game and you will be hard pressed to get back up there. UGA was a good example of that last year. It's far easier for a team to lose an early game, when they are in the top ten, then go on a winning streak, and people take notice. I believe there should be a few tweaks to the process. They should eliminate the preseason rankings altogether. It is purely speculation, and often a high ranking counts against the team unless they can manage going undefeated. There should be a playoff as well.

On a side note..... Has anyone watched what UGA QB Cox has been doing the last two games? He is actually better than expected. They may be able to claw their way back into the top ten.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2009 at 11:11
Gators at KY tomorrow. Guess y'all know what I'll be doing. Should be some other good games on too. Love that college football... don't give a toot for pros though.  GO GATORS!!!
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2009 at 11:46
Cyborg: I agree, most pre-season polls seem to have been made using a dart board.

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2009 at 12:13
Originally posted by swtucker swtucker wrote:

I think S.C. is underrated. They are vastly better than last year. That team can beat anyone. Will they have a good year? I think they will. Too many teams are going to look past them. Good teams are going to make each other look bad when they play. Great defense will beat good offense. Great offense will beat good defense. That being said, there will be big plays from both sides of the ball. Usually it will be the occasional big play that will determine the outcome.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2009 at 13:29
Spurrier is an excellent college coach (I wish he was also an excellent pro coach).  His D really played well.  The biggest hurdle that he faces is recruiting against all of the other powerhouse schools in his area. 
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2009 at 19:57
The Huskers let one get away last week.  I think our QB has a chance to be pretty good, he just needs some games.  He ought to be very good next year.  Va Tech's def end is the real deal!
take em!
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2009 at 08:42
Well, I'm debating on going down to "T" town for the Alabama/Arkansas game. The weather is suppose to get bad. But I haven't seen my daughter in a few weeks and my son and I want some "Dreamland" ribs. It's popping and snorting here as I type this. My brain says watch the game on TV, My taste buds says ribs & white bread, The Dad in me says "go hug your daughter".  Wish me luck, traffics gonna be bad.     
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2009 at 09:26
Coffee
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2009 at 09:28
I'd go to the game if it were me, Mike.
The QB for Ark. Mallett is fun to watch and may be a real test the Bama D, though I believe Alabama wins this one.  

Gators are eat up with the flu bug. Joe Haden, Major Wright and Tim Tebow traveled to KY apart from the rest of the team.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2009 at 09:29
I'm still taking The U over V Tech.
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2009 at 10:04
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

I'm still taking The U over V Tech.

Yeah,  I'm taking the U as well....as much as it pains me to do it.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2009 at 10:10
Originally posted by Tip69 Tip69 wrote:

The Huskers let one get away last week.  I think our QB has a chance to be pretty good, he just needs some games.  He ought to be very good next year.  Va Tech's def end is the real deal!

I missed this game, dammit!
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2009 at 10:21
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Originally posted by Tip69 Tip69 wrote:

I missed this game, dammit!

Yep, it was on the same time that the Gators played.  I wanted to watch UF, but had to go with the Hokies....
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2009 at 10:38
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

Well, I'm debating on going down to "T" town for the Alabama/Arkansas game. The weather is suppose to get bad. But I haven't seen my daughter in a few weeks and my son and I want some "Dreamland" ribs. It's popping and snorting here as I type this. My brain says watch the game on TV, My taste buds says ribs & white bread, The Dad in me says "go hug your daughter".  Wish me luck, traffics gonna be bad.     
No Brainer Bro!  Take a raincoat, hug the daughter and enjoy those ribs!!!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 41>
  Share Topic