OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bad Super Sniper box test!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 13>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sniper13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2009 at 16:41
Originally posted by Sparky Sparky wrote:

What type of surface?
grass similiar to a golf course....comparable any way.
pulling a trigger is easy....hitting your mark is intelligence
sniper13 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sniper13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2009 at 16:45
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

.25 MOA groups shooting a box test? OK?  was it 5 sting shots, move 15 MOA shoot 5, move 15 MOA shoot 5 or was it shoot 1 move shoot 1 move round robin.  If that is the case, you a better man than I Gunga Din.
It was shoot one move shoot one move...after the adjustment I make it a habit to smack the butt of the gun to clear up any scope lag, A habit carried over from the Marine Corps, so you can take that last part or leave it I dont think it matters withe the ss.
pulling a trigger is easy....hitting your mark is intelligence
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2009 at 16:48
Brady, I'm no sniper, no Mike McDonald either, although I have shot a 192 with 11X's @ 600 yrds with steel sights on a service rifle. My normal 100 yrd 5 shot group off a Bi-pod I can be covered with a dime. (see FOP range report 1 & 2)  shooting .25MOA groups is hard enough without putting in the factor of cranking the scope all over the place.  Chris should document this just as a testament to the Super Sniper Scopes repeatablity.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2009 at 16:51
Your a former Marine?? What was your MOS?
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2009 at 16:56
OK, I'll drop the ex-squid remark!!!   LOL

Edited by Steelbenz - August/23/2009 at 17:00
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2009 at 16:59
Mark's question was I believe to Sniper when he mentioned the hitting the butt of the gun habit...

Edited by Chris Farris II - August/23/2009 at 17:01
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2009 at 17:01
But, I am still an EX-squid.
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2009 at 17:01
Just to chime in, I was an 0351!
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2009 at 17:02
Sniper, please post a pic of this box test target.  I would really like to see it.

How did you measure your groups, btw?
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2009 at 17:12
Originally posted by billyburl2 billyburl2 wrote:

Just to chime in, I was an 0351!

Thanks for your service, BB2! Salute 
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2009 at 17:16
Originally posted by sniper13 sniper13 wrote:

Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

.25 MOA groups shooting a box test? OK?  was it 5 sting shots, move 15 MOA shoot 5, move 15 MOA shoot 5 or was it shoot 1 move shoot 1 move round robin.  If that is the case, you a better man than I Gunga Din.
It was shoot one move shoot one move...after the adjustment I make it a habit to smack the butt of the gun to clear up any scope lag, A habit carried over from the Marine Corps, so you can take that last part or leave it I dont think it matters withe the ss.

What scope did you shoot in the Marine Corps?
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2009 at 17:24
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

What scope did you shoot in the Marine Corps?

Get Your Popcorn Ready
Oldtrader3 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldtrader3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2009 at 17:26
Originally posted by sniper13 sniper13 wrote:

whats this "us" stuff? You are the only one being that optimistic about these groups! By the way this isnt about my shooting its about how the scope tracks. "Knowledgable and accomplished shooter as I claim to be" I never claimed anything...again 1/4" consistant groups are very possible. I guess it would seem to be extraordinary to someone who hasnt been able to do that...sorry about your rifle success. As for the scope tracking ability it was consistant, the shape of the box is what makes me wonder.....

"Sorry about your rifle success", "...sorry about your rifle success"!!!!  Man, you are insolent, aren't you?  You expect us to believe that an out-of-the-box Remington, untuned will shoot four, 5-shot groups, averaging .2 inches with a bullet not known for benchrest accuracy at 100 yards.  You post here, insult our intelligence and than troll us with..."sorry about your rifle success"!!!!!   Well break my Troll (ing) rod over my knee!  I want want you see your targets signed by a non-relative witness! 

Shooting over concrete with no mirage and a high powered scope?

Edited by Oldtrader3 - August/23/2009 at 17:37
CDR3
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2009 at 17:39
Gentlemen, in all fairness, the results that sniper13 is mentioning are possible, just not likely to happen with any frequency.

I am not a particularly good shot myself, so I tend to not question others a whole lot.  Still, this sounds like the type of shooting done at indoor ranges with a test barrel.  I would definitely like to see the target.

ILya
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2009 at 17:39
Let us give him a chance.

A request for pictures was met with a promise to post pictures.  Some people are really that good (which pisses me off, since I ain't) and documentation is easy to come by.

Let us be civil, he'll provide a few details and all will be well.

I am pleased to hear this SS has impeccable tracking.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Trays 7940 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2009 at 17:48
Get Your Popcorn Ready
Oldtrader3, I like your signature...

I don't shoot innocent animals, just the one's who look guilty.
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldtrader3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2009 at 17:54
Like yours too, Trays.

Edited by Oldtrader3 - August/23/2009 at 17:58
CDR3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2009 at 18:01

Medic, Trader?
Thanks for your service, Men.
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldtrader3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2009 at 18:13
Cheaptrick, yes, I was a Section Head-Corpsman, later Training NCO with 1 BN, 8th Inf, 4th Inf Div (Mechanized).  We served at Check Point Charlie in Berlin and in Wildflecken (in Fulda Gap along with 1st Armored Cav), Germany for awile during the Berlin Wall Crisis, then later at Ft. Lewis, WA.  Did you serve?

Edited by Oldtrader3 - August/23/2009 at 18:16
CDR3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2009 at 18:29
Originally posted by Oldtrader3 Oldtrader3 wrote:

Did you serve?

Uh....sorta. Bucky

One step up from a Cub Scout and 2 steps below a "Coastie"......Big Grin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 13>
  Share Topic