OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Ed Show
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Stop Obamacare

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/16/2009 at 20:31
Originally posted by Trays 7940 Trays 7940 wrote:

OK... But don't you guys think that insurance and health care need fixing?

I pay several thousand dollars a year for health insurance through the city... It comes with a $3000.00 deductable per person before the insurance ever pays anything... Thats $9000.00 I pay before insurance does anything...  Why have it?

I went to the Dr. the other day because of this acid reflux I have suddenly come down with... The medicine is $193.00 and insurance told me they would not give me any money for it... Again, why have insurance?

I know, Generic, but I have used the generic and it does nothing for me... Dr. says the new medicine will... So Why do I spend so much money a year and when I need help I don't get it... I hate insurance companies.... Its a scam!!! 

And now we a President who says hes gonna fine us if we don't have it.... Oh, thats gonna make things a lot better....BuckyLoco

A $3000.00 deductable!    That's criminal. I thought our local law officiers were being shafted but looks like your department is as bad or worse. I don't know what you are paying but I'd do some shoppin around for a better deal. When I could afford insurance it was 7000. a yr. for my family of three with a 300. deductable. I hated paying out so much but when my wife had some (Still undiognosed) health issues I was glad to have it. Only 500. out of pocket and the rest 24,400 went on the policy.
Now I'm on dissability and there is no insurance except my service connected stuff. And this jerk says we will be fined if we don't buy coverage. I'd like to get right in his face and knock his teeth down his throat. My family needs coverage and what is he going to do except make things harder. Furious
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2009 at 14:52
It's a total scam.......Sam....

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2009 at 16:51

Parkland  Memorial Hospital in Dallas, Texas is a fairly famous  institution and for a variety of reasons:

1. John F. Kennedy died there in 1963
2. Lee Harvey Oswald  died there shortly after
3. Jack Ruby-who killed Lee  Harvey Oswald, died there a few years later..by  coincidence

On the flip side, Parkland is also  home to the second busiest maternity ward in the country  with almost 16,000 new babies arriving each year.  (That's almost 44 per day---every day)

A recent  patient survey indicated that 70 percent of the women  who gave birth at Parkland in the first three months of  2006 were illegal immigrants. That's  
11,200  anchor babies born every  year just in Dallas .

According to the article,  the hospital spent $70.7 million delivering 15,938  babies in 2004 but managed to end up with almost $8  million dollars in surplus funding. Medicaid kicked in  $34.5 million, Dallas County taxpayers kicked in $31.3  million and the feds tossed in another $9.5 million.

The average patient in Parkland is  maternity wards is 25 years old, married and giving  birth to her second child.
She  is also an illegal immigrant.
By law,  pregnant women cannot be denied medical care based on  their immigration status or ability to pay.

OK,  fine. That doesn't mean they should receive better care  than everyday, middle-class American citizens. But at   Parkland Hospital , they do. " Parkland Memorial   Hospital has nine prenatal clinics.  
NINE.

The   Dallas Morning News article followed a Hispanic woman  who was a patient at one of the clinics and pregnant  with her third child---her previous two were also born  at Parkland . Her first two deliveries were free and the  Mexican native was grateful because it would have  cost
$200  to have them in Mexico . This  time, the hospital wants her to pay $10 per visit and  $100 for the delivery but she was unsure if she could  come up with the money. Not that it matters, the  hospital won't turn her away. (I wonder why they even  bother asking at this point.)

"How long has this  been going on?  What are the long-term  effects?

Well, another subject of the article was  born at Parkland in 1986 shortly after her mother  entered the US illegally - now she is having her own  child there as well. (That's right, she's technically a  US citizen.)

These women receive free prenatal  care including medication, nutrition, birthing classes  and child care classes. They also get freebies such as  car seats, bottles, diapers and formula.

Most of  these things are available to American citizens as well  but only for low-income applicants and even then, the  red tape involved is almost  insurmountable.

Because these women are illegal  immigrants, they do not have to provide any sort of  legitimate identification - no proof of income. An  American citizen would have to provide a social  security number which would reveal their annual income -  an illegal immigrant need only claim to be poor and the  hospital must take them at their  word.

Parkland Hospital offers indigent care  to Dallas

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic