OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Answer my new rifle's personal ad:

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Folically Challenged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Answer my new rifle's personal ad:
    Posted: September/08/2009 at 07:03
Lightweight & compact rifle, seeking same in a scope.  Classy rifle (m70 fwt) chambered in a classic cartridge (7x57) likes long walks up to 300 yards (just not on beaches).  Join me on my quest for game from whitetails in the Great Lakes, to Moose in the Yukon.  Must be dependable, clear, and repeatable.  Those with claustrophobia need not apply, as I love rides in saddle scabbards.  No need to brag, as you'll never impress me with the size of your... objective.  Turn-ons include a magnificent warranty that I'll never have to use, and a tube length long enough that I won't be left wanting for extension rings. 
Folically Challenged View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Folically Challenged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2009 at 07:09
Now that that's out of the way...

I'm thinking I might just go with another fixed scope.  My last 2 purchases were 4x32 Conquests, and I'm positively thrilled with 'em.  I have just found a stupid-good deal on IOR 4X's with the 7A, though.

Should I get crazy and try a 6x?  It seems much harder to find Conquest-level glass < $350 in a 6x...

My last variable was a 2-7 Viper, with which I was extremely pleased.  I suppose I could look at similar offerings in a Conquest, Monarch, or the other Tweeners mentioned by Koshkin.

The word so far on the new VX3's has been universally positive, but I'm still not seeing the increase in value vs. other brands.  Perhaps someone could explain it to me better?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

FC
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2009 at 08:37
10447Swarovski 3-9x36 American52039, Matte finish, 1" tube, 4A reticle, fast focus eye piece, reseatable windage and elevation, like new condition $1,025.00 $699.95

You want a Swaro!  The scope linked is on the Sample List (www.samplelist.com) and is a great price on a fantastic scope.  If you want good range, light weight, small stature, fantastic glass, you want this scope!
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2009 at 09:19
Originally posted by Folically Challenged Folically Challenged wrote:

Lightweight & compact rifle, seeking same in a scope.  Classy rifle (m70 fwt) chambered in a classic cartridge (7x57) likes long walks up to 300 yards (just not on beaches).  Join me on my quest for game from whitetails in the Great Lakes, to Moose in the Yukon.  Must be dependable, clear, and repeatable.  Those with claustrophobia need not apply, as I love rides in saddle scabbards.  No need to brag, as you'll never impress me with the size of your... objective.  Turn-ons include a magnificent warranty that I'll never have to use, and a tube length long enough that I won't be left wanting for extension rings. 

Sounds like a personal add for someone seeking a VX3 2.5-8.
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2009 at 10:56
Look for the Swarovski's that are on the Sample List  (PHs or AVs) or that others have as discontinued.  Good prices.  PM me if you need more info.  They're out there
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2009 at 11:03
The Swaro AV is a winner (I have two) but it isn't exactly a long tube. How about a Sightron Big Sky 3.5-10 X 42?  Smile
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic