OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50 EBR-2 MRAD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2009 at 00:51
Would have been nice to know a week ago when I was looking for 5-20x50 scopes.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
SD Dog View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2009 at 10:20
Sounds nice!
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
hunter223 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2009 at 19:24
Chris could you post another pic of those boxes? Maybe in a pyramid shape, they're just so damn sexyNaughty
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2009 at 19:33
Outstanding looking.  The playing field just changed it seems...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2009 at 19:36
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

They come in really nice boxes too.

We've been having a blast (literally). Bucky

That's a lot of friends...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2009 at 23:44
They may be nice boxes but I like that stack of Super Snipers behind them  -- I dont use the box very long anyway. I guess its a good thing I didnt know about them when I was looking at TR23 series scopes last week, cause I wouldnt have bought the 10x HD, but after taking it out and using it on the range a day you couldnt pry it loose from me for two of the vortex scopes, but I do  have a mint Leu Mk4 FFP that might be trading material for a Vortex. Naughty

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2009 at 06:00
Looks like a very nice scope. Is Vortex going to come out with anything in between that and the 1-4? I'd be more interested in something like the NF 2.5-10 or 3.5-15 or the SS 3-9. The negatives I see with this scope are that it has a 35mm tube so if you have nice 30mm rings already those won't work. Another is that the FOV is not even as wide as the NF 5.5-22 @ 5.5. And the price puts it up there. Granted the only NF FFP scope (the 3.5-15 F1) is going to be $300 more easily. But it does start getting into USO territory. I think they and NF might have to worry a little but still have a much wider range of scopes to offer. I am a big fan of Vortex though and love their glass. I'm sure overall these are sweet, sweet scopes.
Reaction time is a factor...
Magnumdood View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnumdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2009 at 00:46
Has anyone compared the Razor to the Schmidt & Bender PM II 5-25x56, or the Premier Reticles Heritage 5-25x56?
America - Home of the Free

Because of the Brave
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2009 at 04:06
Nice, very nice! At $2000 I would hate to know what that is going to translate to in South African rands!
Currently Nightforce and Zeis prices require one to put your house and mother-in-law up for sale in order to afford it in South Africa. This one may be needing a bit more.
Halvis View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2009 at 00:16
Originally posted by Magnumdood Magnumdood wrote:

Has anyone compared the Razor to the Schmidt & Bender PM II 5-25x56, or the Premier Reticles Heritage 5-25x56?

I haven't read many direct comparisons yet, but I did read somewhere that those 4 Razors are still mounted on those 4 rifles that belong to Chris in the above picture. Is it a temporary love affair or an extended test session? Only Chris knows for sure.

I was one of those that was holding off and hoping the price on the Razors would be quite a bit lower, and while I regret they are out of my league, they must be purdy darn good to compete as well as we are hearing that they do, at that price point.

Now I just have to decide between the new ss3-9 variable, and the ss10HD.
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 13:34

In all your having a blast what were your thoughts on eye relief???  Am seriously considering but was told that eye relief is a bare to not do the "nervous twitch" chin game...

No one
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 13:36
they have 3.9" of eye relief how much do you need??
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 14:05
im not implying that i own that scope, just asking a question myself.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
danjojoUSMC View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjojoUSMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 14:13
I think if you are hearing things like that it has to do mostly with the field of view.  That seems like their (Vortex) main compromise. 
"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be"

"Every part of life comes into focus just as you are about to pull the trigger."
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 14:23
We have not had any issues with eye relief, it behaves very similar to most other 20x scopes.
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 14:44
Can you reference the others you speak of?  Besides Leupold Mark IV's How about the S&B'S OR the Hensoldt's?
No one
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic