OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Why SWFA Does Not Sell Falcon Menace?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sierra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why SWFA Does Not Sell Falcon Menace?
    Posted: October/14/2009 at 00:59
Hi, I am new here,

I actually just bought my new SWFA SS-Tac 30 mm rings for the Falcon Menace 4-14 x 44 when the one I want with the Metric System using centimeters becomes available.  I would of liked to buy both my rings and scope from one place.  I am just curious if anyone here knows why SWFA does not carry Falcon scopes since they have good reviews on the internet.

I had great customer by the way at SWFA, Patty the SWFA Rep went out of her way to look up the specs for the scope ring as far as height, width etc.. so I know it would be the right fir for my application.  Thanks again SWFA.

Sierra

danjojoUSMC View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjojoUSMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2009 at 03:42
Might have to do with warranty service needing to be taken up with the dealer instead of Falcon...unnecessary hassle for a very busy company that is already successful.
"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be"

"Every part of life comes into focus just as you are about to pull the trigger."
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2009 at 23:43
I saw some photos recently of a Falcon with its top turret broken off so one person's idea of what is a great scope and someone elses idea might be different.  I wouldnt mind seeing SWFA carry Nightforce though but aparently the Premier is better.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - October/14/2009 at 23:44

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Digit View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2009 at 23:51
The return rate on Falcon is well below Millett. Speaking from experience as a distributor of both.
Digit View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2009 at 00:00
I should also add the customer service offered by Bushnell sucks in comparison to Falcon - The difference is like night and day. Attempt to find someone at Bushnell that actually wants to resolve an issue... LOL. Falcon on the other hand have the small company personal touch and go out their way to be responsive. 
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2009 at 01:36
Digit last I recall you wanted to know about a scope to hunt 500 to 900 yds.   Roll on Floor Laughing

and now  ------->    "Speaking from experience as a distributor of both. "  Laugh

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Digit View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2009 at 01:58
Yep - product research. Excellent Actually we are an IOR distributor as well. Oh and we do have customers that reguly hunt at those ranges. We are not in the USA.

Anyway - back to Falcon. They do have some very interesting new products due for release in the next couple of months as well. Falcon is definately one company that is filling a niche in the market place... ie listening to what customers want and producing the goods.
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2009 at 18:17
Hunt what?

Digit View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2009 at 18:30
Various species of deer, goats, chamois and thar.
danjojoUSMC View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjojoUSMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2009 at 23:30
Are you from New Zealand?
"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be"

"Every part of life comes into focus just as you are about to pull the trigger."
Digit View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2009 at 23:44
Yes Smile
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/16/2009 at 00:17
Sorry Digit but the stuff available in the US absolutely smokes the Falcon you just dont have any of it to be able to realize the difference.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Digit View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/16/2009 at 00:30
Would be keen to know what smokes Falcon in its respective price ranges (in USA) with similar functionality - very keen to know :)

I should also point out how very lucky forum readers are to be a USA resident in regards to the cost of your sport. How many of you would pay in excess of $US1000 for a Remington 700 SPS or similar dollars for a Bushnell Eilte 4200? The reality is that many USA residents are in a very enviable position when it comes to purchasing goods.
sierra View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sierra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/16/2009 at 00:31
Originally posted by Digit Digit wrote:

Yep - product research. Excellent Actually we are an IOR distributor as well. Oh and we do have customers that reguly hunt at those ranges. We are not in the USA.

Anyway - back to Falcon. They do have some very interesting new products due for release in the next couple of months as well. Falcon is definately one company that is filling a niche in the market place... ie listening to what customers want and producing the goods.

Hi Digit,

Thanks for your input.  Can you expand and give details if you can on what is coming out from Falcon.  I have not bought my Falcon Menace 4-14 X 44 yet because the online store that I will be getting is sold out of the Metric version currently.  I did ask the online store if Falcon was ever going to make a Illuminated retical, and I was told that Falcon was working on one, but he said that he was not sure if the illuminated retical was for the Falcon Menace.  So if you could, would please give details.  If Falcon is coming out with illuminated rectical for the Falcon Menace, I think I could wait a little longer for that.. Thanks
Digit View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/16/2009 at 01:06
PM sent
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/16/2009 at 01:13
Originally posted by Digit Digit wrote:

Would be keen to know what smokes Falcon in its respective price ranges (in USA) with similar functionality - very keen to know :)
You  wont find any Falcon scopes in use by the U.S. military, I'd take a fixed 10x Super Sniper over one any day for reliability.  You are looking at tactical scopes from the perspective of hunting at extreme distance.  If  a target that shoots back --- reliability matters. In that $500 to $1000 or so price range here is what is a better choice and each has its own set of features.    
SWFA SS 3-9x42 Tactical Riflescope Mil-Dot SWFA SS 3-9x42 Tactical Riflescope
Stock # - SS39X42
  • Matte
  • First Focal Plane Mil-Dot
  • 30mm
  • OK for .50 cal
  • 0.1 MRAD
$599.95 
Add SWFA SS 3-9x42 Tactical Riflescope to Cart
Weaver 3-15x50 Tactical 30mm Rifle Scope Mil-Dot Weaver 3-15x50 Tactical 30mm Rifle Scope
Stock # - 800362
  • Matte
  • Mil-Dot
  • 30mm
  • Side Focus
$649.95 
Add Weaver 3-15x50 Tactical 30mm Rifle Scope to Cart 
Weaver 4-20x50 Tactical 30mm Rifle Scope Mil-Dot Weaver 4-20x50 Tactical 30mm Rifle Scope
Stock # - 800360
  • Matte
  • Mil-Dot
  • 30mm
  • Side Focus
$724.95 
Add Weaver 4-20x50 Tactical 30mm Rifle Scope to Cart
Leupold 4.5-14x40 Mark 4 LR/T 30mm Riflescope Duplex Leupold 4.5-14x40 Mark 4 LR/T 30mm Riflescope
Stock # - LEU56140
  • Matte
  • Duplex
  • 30mm
  • Long Range
  • Side Focus
  • Target Knobs
$724.95 
Add Leupold 4.5-14x40 Mark 4 LR/T 30mm Riflescope to Cart
Sightron 6-24x50 SIII 30mm Riflescope Mil-Dot Sightron 6-24x50 SIII 30mm Riflescope
Stock # - SIIISS624X50LRMD
  • Matte
  • Mil-Dot
  • 30mm
  • Side Focus
  • Target Knobs
$804.95 
Add Sightron 6-24x50 SIII 30mm Riflescope to Cart
Zeiss 4.5-14x50 Conquest Rifle Scope

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
sierra View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sierra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/16/2009 at 01:18
Thanks Digit.  Big Smile
Digit View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/16/2009 at 01:25
I do think that you will find that none of the scopes listed above are in the Falcons respective price range apart from the SS. All of the items you have listed are very nice optics but... the Falcon does also have a unque feature set such as Mil/Mil reticle/turrets that only the SS in this list has - fairly useful for a tactical scope. And lets face it - and Im honest as you will get - who wasnt disapointed the SS wasnt implemented with a bigger power range and parallax adjustment. If it ever is, it will be something to behold Im sure - Ill be smuggling one out of the USA.
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/16/2009 at 01:41
My concern with the Falcon is that I do not trust it to be reliable in a gunfight.  I have looked at the glass in the Falcon and I was not overly impressed with that either.  I am however very impressed with the glass on the Trijicon as well as its unique illumination features. Im also very impressed with the two new versions of the Super Sniper. Weaver will be coming out with other tactical models that have added features including more internal adjustment.  Police and military units often use the Leupold Mk4 and this particular model has 100 moa of internal adjustment it may be moa based rather than mil but it is battle proven reliable.  I'm not a big Burris fan but I would take one of those to a gunfight before I would take a Falcon. To me its all about what works and spending $X on a scope where a couple hundred more would buy you one that is battle proven reliable doesnt sound like a good choice to me. Obviously the Falcon cant any where near match the utility of the reticle on the Zeiss of the Horus.   And if you want reliablility ATK owned Weaver is fixing to make a serious effort to best everything else in its class rememer ATK also owns  Federal Ammo etc.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - October/16/2009 at 01:43

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Digit View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/16/2009 at 02:17
In the Falcons price range, you are not looking for hardware to take to war. I wouldnt even feel comfortable with an SS or an ATK product where my life was relying on my equipment.
In this price range you are looking for something that allows you to compete or hunt with the benefits of tactical design - ie a large customer base who isnt actually posted in Afghanistan. My customers enjoy the repeatability, FFP, Mil/Mil and good glass that Falcon enables without the need to spend Premier money so that they can reliably nail a Chamois at 500 metres with their .270. Real world stuff for the common person.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic