OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

VX-3L why arent they popular?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2009 at 21:15
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

They are still UGLY...

does that cover it???
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2009 at 22:27

They are still UGLY...

Prove it.             

Wink          
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2009 at 22:48
BUTT UglyEek
jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2009 at 23:00
I always thought they were kind of innovative. However, I've just been frustrated that with every Leupold I've owned, I always have adjusted .5 MOA over and ended up changing POI 1 MOA or some such. Frankly, I haven't had any problem with cheek weld or parallax with either of my conventionally-shaped objectives. One (with only a 32mm objective) has a scope height that is 2" above the bore and the other (which has a 50mm objective) is only 1.6" (on a 20MOA base). So I don't see the need to carve a divot out of the lens. I'd rather that they put some attention into the scope internals. That might make me a Leupold buyer again someday.
Reaction time is a factor...
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2009 at 05:37
Originally posted by RONK RONK wrote:

They are still UGLY...

Prove it.             

Wink          
All I'm saying is I ain't going to a singles bar with Ronk as a wing man.BoozerQuickie
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

skoro View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2009 at 07:50

Prove it.             

Wink          

If you insist...

BillyWayne View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyWayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2009 at 08:08
Yep.  Looks ~ to me.
John 11:35
The're taking the hobbits to Isengard!!
HOLLOWPOINT View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOLLOWPOINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2009 at 14:16
Even if the Leupy "L"-models were the only scopes on earth, I wouldn't mount one of those crappy looking caricatures of a riflescope on my rifles. Not even on my crummy old Mosin-Nagant!

Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good. Thomas Paine
crispycritter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crispycritter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2009 at 14:58
I've yet to see a critter fall over dead due to a rifle/scope being pretty.  Whistling
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2009 at 16:01
CrutchGet Your Popcorn ReadyPuker
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2009 at 16:28
http://swfa.com/Leupold-65-20x56-VX-3L-30mm-Extreme-Varminter-Riflescope-P12744.aspx   May be ugly but I have seriously considered buying it.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2009 at 16:52

I do not like there looks and probably would not buy one...I do think the concept is a good one, it does make sense to me anyway...Im not even sure why we are still discussing this really....Boredom I guessWink

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2009 at 17:18
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

http://swfa.com/Leupold-65-20x56-VX-3L-30mm-Extreme-Varminter-Riflescope-P12744.aspx   May be ugly but I have seriously considered buying it.

If Rick James and Andy Warhol got together to make a scope, it would look like that.   Wink

Seriously, I shot under a few VXL's and came away thinking they were VERY nice. The glass on the 2 models I fooled were both terrific.
One had the B&C reticle.  

I don't think they look that bad when mounted up, but I'm freaky.   
Peeker
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2009 at 17:52
Freak Forum, say that 6 times really fast CTPeeker
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2009 at 19:07
They do look better when they are mounted up properly, no doubt.

Funny-I see a lot of hostility against them here from guys who would have no problem with an ACOG, mounted on a stainless-steel Marlin lever gun with a nylon sling, appearance-wise. (Incidently, I wouldn't either, really.)

We shooters sure get some screwy ideas in our heads, don't we?

Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2009 at 19:17
I'm waiting for Leupold to develop square tubed scopes and sent everything else into obsolesce. You know, with a catchy name to go along with it.........Quadromatic, Self-Leveling Reticle Technology.
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2009 at 19:45
Originally posted by Roy Finn Roy Finn wrote:

I'm waiting for Leupold to develop square tubed scopes and sent everything else into obsolesce. You know, with a catchy name to go along with it.........Quadromatic, Self-Leveling Reticle Technology.

You maybe ought to get down to the Patent Office first thing in the morning with that one, Roy!
 Wouldn't that look great on one of those new Remington rifles with the Triangular barrels?
 Wow!
Ant264 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant264 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2009 at 20:19
Fellas, ARE they that bad?  Hiding
crispycritter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crispycritter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2009 at 22:40

Self-Leveling Reticle Technology.

It will not surprise me to see something akin to that in the future from some manu.

jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2009 at 22:53

You maybe ought to get down to the Patent Office first thing in the morning with that one, Roy!
 Wouldn't that look great on one of those new Remington rifles with the Triangular barrels?
 Wow!

For some reason, the Remington rep didn't think it was funny when I asked where to find triangle-shaped bullets.
Reaction time is a factor...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic