OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

First post, issue with 3x9 Super sniper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Azeyecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First post, issue with 3x9 Super sniper
    Posted: November/08/2009 at 15:18
Last Friday I got the 3x9 ss in the mail, I have not used it yet but so far I am happy with the purchase. I was playing around with it and I noticed something that might not be correct. I was adjusting the elevation knob and as I was twisting it my fingers also twisted the ring below the elevation knob that indicates up/down, what revolution I am on, and what click I am on. Upon further examination I can easilly twist this ring 360 degrees around the base of the elevation turret. I took the knob off and I am able to remove this ring from the elevation assembly. I don't see any way to tighten the ring down, and i think it's meant to be glued in place facing directly toward the shooter. I'm i missing something, should I glue it? Do I need to post a pic? Thanks for the help.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2009 at 16:42
It is supposed to be held in place with an adhesive.  I'd rather replace the entire scope for you rather than you have to deal with this issue.

Contact our customer service M-F 8-5 central.  972-617-7056
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2009 at 17:24
That is so cool!!! Excellent Customer Service 24/7!!! Excellent
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2009 at 17:26
Thunbs Up  Thunbs Up !!!!!!!!
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2009 at 17:29
" Hell-o.  How may I helping you?  Scope?  I don 't know scopes.  What is scope?  My manager he is taking lunch now, memsah'b..."  

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Azeyecap View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Azeyecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2009 at 19:15
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

It is supposed to be held in place with an adhesive.  I'd rather replace the entire scope for you rather than you have to deal with this issue.

Contact our customer service M-F 8-5 central.  972-617-7056

Thank you, I'll call first thing in the morning.
Azeyecap View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Azeyecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2009 at 17:26
Thanks,

My replacement came via 2 day UPS just as SWFA promised.  I think they sent the replacement a little quicker than they normally would have because I explained I needed the scope for a scouting/sighting in trip I had planned.  Shipped the old unit back with the prepaid UPS label when I returned from my trip.  Thanks for the speedy service.

Casey
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2009 at 18:33
  GLAD it worked out for ya Casey.   But I'm NOT surprised!!  Big Grin
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2009 at 19:16
Originally posted by Azeyecap Azeyecap wrote:

Thanks,

My replacement came via 2 day UPS just as SWFA promised.  I think they sent the replacement a little quicker than they normally would have because I explained I needed the scope for a scouting/sighting in trip I had planned.  Shipped the old unit back with the prepaid UPS label when I returned from my trip.  Thanks for the speedy service.

Casey

My experience has been same as yours: get the replacement almost before the ink is dry on the invoice for the first one.

So, you ain't any more special than anyone else, everyone gets treated the same - or, at least, you get treated no better or worse than me.

Here, that is.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic