OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Redfield scopes on SWFA web site

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Redfield scopes on SWFA web site
    Posted: November/20/2009 at 01:47
Just noticed them, they are cheap, are they new to the market? or some leftovers they found somewear? Also, wear are they made? just curious, seeing the redfield named on a scope again.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2009 at 07:17
  Leupold bought Redfield a while back is all in know.  I DO LIKE the specs on that 2-7 though!
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2009 at 10:07
They are all brand new current production and made in the U.S.A. again.

Scopes will start shipping Dec 1st and the Binoculars will not be available until the end of the year and Rangefinders are April.

http://swfa.com/Redfield-Rifle-Scopes-C2839.aspx 

Edited by Chris Farris - November/20/2009 at 11:20
cowski View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2009 at 10:24
i have a old redfield recon what the warrenty is
never corner something meaner than you are jbc
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2009 at 10:41
My first scope was a Redfield 3x9x40 Widefield, had some sort of rangefinder in the reticle if I remember right (1980) sounds about right. I used that scope for a long time. It was kind of squarish with rounded corners on each end as well.

Edited by JF4545 - November/20/2009 at 11:58
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2009 at 11:00
Originally posted by cowski cowski wrote:

i have a old redfield recon what the warrenty is

Leupold did not pick up any responsibilities that the old Redfield left behind, they just purchased the name.

Any pre Leupold acquisition scopes will continue to have no warranty but can be repaired by ABO in Florida for a fee.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2009 at 11:13
  And here:
John Barsness View Drop Down
Optics Optimist
Optics Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Barsness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2009 at 12:52
I have started testing one of the new made-in-Oregon Redfields and will be reporting on it in a week or two, along with one of the S&B Summits.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2009 at 13:06
  GOOD to hear that!
HOLLOWPOINT View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOLLOWPOINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2009 at 13:06
Quote They are all brand new current production and made in the U.S.A. again.

With lenses made in the U.S.A.?
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good. Thomas Paine
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2009 at 13:10
Originally posted by HOLLOWPOINT HOLLOWPOINT wrote:

Quote They are all brand new current production and made in the U.S.A. again.

With lenses made in the U.S.A.?

I don't think any lenses are made in the USA period. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2009 at 13:10
Watch this video, they address lens production and why it is out sourced.

338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2009 at 15:25
8 1/2 minute mark about the glass.
No one
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOLLOWPOINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2009 at 15:51
Quote I don't think any lenses are made in the USA period. 

What a bummer! Really Sad

Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good. Thomas Paine
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOLLOWPOINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2009 at 15:55
Quote Watch this video, they address lens production and why it is out sourced.

Thanks!

Very informative video!
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2009 at 16:55

Yeah that was a great Video!

Bigdave View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2009 at 18:21
So I take it that these new redfield scopes are manufactured by Leupold?
crispycritter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crispycritter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2009 at 13:40
The listed specs look like the Leupold Rifleman. Any news on the coatings,single or multi ? 1/2 or 1/4 adj.?
BossierBass View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BossierBass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2009 at 16:11

Is there anything you have noticed right off?  Are windage non clickers like rifleman?

thanks
BossierBass
Oldtrader3 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldtrader3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2009 at 17:48
I knew it!!!  Leupold spoon feeds everyone pablum with the tall tale that they are not going to make Redfields again and thereby avoids assuming ANY responsibility for servicing Redfield, even if you are willing to pay for their service.  Then they brand their Rifleman, less than stellar performing, scope as:  guess what, Redfield!  Arrgh!

This is in contrast with Weaver, who is owned by ATK.  ATK is continuing to honor goodwill and commitment to customers on even Weaver scopes that were made prior to their ownership for warrantee service.

Edited by Oldtrader3 - December/02/2009 at 19:38
CDR3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic