OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris scopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cajunhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris scopes
    Posted: November/29/2009 at 19:32
Thinking about getting this scope.  Only reasonable priced scope with this reticle and configuration.  No experience with Burris.  I thought they were low end.  How does this glass and scope compare to the quality of others in its price range.  Like a LEU vx3.  Leopold does not have a scope like this. So here I am.

Thanks
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2009 at 20:45
Burris makes some entry level scopes but their high end models are definitely very good scopes for the money. I have used several different models over the last twenty years and all of them are still at work for me.
If the Euro-Diamond has glass as good as Signature, or better, it is very good scope. Burris scopes are also built like tanks in my experience.
cajunhunter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cajunhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 06:48
Well, If I can get a Kahles I would prefer that.  I might have to go with the Burris.  Anyone else.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cajunhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 06:49
What size Talley One-Piece for mounting this scope on a older 760 Remington 30-06.  I am guessing Medium.
DAVE44 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVE44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 07:02
The Burris Euro Diamond I had was a 1.5-6x40 with electro dot #4. I never mounted or used it but did compare it to a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 one afternoon.   Optically the Zeiss has a bit sharper clarity but Brightness wise they seemed equal. I didnt like the #4 in that model because the heavy outer posts were too far apart from the middle of the reticle. I will say If I could get that scope in a heavy plex or if the heavy posts came closer together in the middle I would have kept it. The view in that scope is very large and clear. When I say large view Im not talking about the Field of view I am talking about the image itself. It is very comfortable to look through. That scope was built tough and was very cool looking too. I think the 1.25-4 x24 model has a #4 with the heavy posts coming very close to the center which is what I would like better.
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 17:56

Burris is known for durability and providing good value for the money.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 19:34
The Euro Diamond is supposed to have the same glass as the sig sel.  Good glass.  And very durable scopes.  Have had two (on FFII, and one Black Diamond) rolled on by horses.  Both survived fine.  In fact the BD got rolled on just this year and go slammed between the horse and a log when he came to rest down the hill.  I love the durability of these scopes!
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
John Barsness View Drop Down
Optics Optimist
Optics Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Barsness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 19:40
In my experience Burris scopes are not only very tough, but the optics are quite good, and not just for the price point, especially in the top-end Burris scopes, like the Euro Diamond. 
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 19:48
i had a ffII and the only gripe i had with it was that the fast focus was so sticky, if tried to use it, it would turn the power ring as you adjusted the focus.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cajunhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 20:34
How does that Burris Euro compare to the Zeiss Conquest.  I would have to get either a 3-9x40 or a 3.5-10x44 Zeiss.  I was thinking I wanted that 1.5-6x42 config.  How do you guys compare those?
sholling View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 20:54
I have their Signature Select and XTR Tactical and in my opinion they are mighty good scopes. 
NRA, SAF, & CRPA life member
Member Madison Society & Revolutionary War Veteran Association (Project Appleseed)

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. ;)
biggreen747 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biggreen747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 22:51
I really don't think you would be "settling" for something less with a Euro Diamond.
We measure it with a micrometer, mark it with a crayon, and cut it with a chainsaw.
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 23:18
What are you going to be putting the scope on, and for what uses?  
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cajunhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2009 at 06:52
I am putting it on an older Remington 760 30-06 carbine model, it has a short 18.5" barrel.  Will be using it for me and my boys for Deer Hunting with shots less than 250 yards.  Set up with a 200yd zero.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic