OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

AR 15 Scope-carry handle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexasAggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AR 15 Scope-carry handle
    Posted: November/29/2009 at 22:30
I have an Olympic carry handle CAR-15....it currently has a tru-glo scope. I am using it for hunting and the tru-glo 2 power just isn't working for me. I want to get a scope with at least 7 power and would like a variable power....2x7 or 3x9 etc....I have read some of the forum comments on scopes but I'm wanting a more economical scope (sounds better than cheap)....I've looked the internet til I'm brain dead then came upon this forum...so I'm putting this out for comments....I want a tactical scope to compliment the AR but want some decent optics but want to spend under $200....any comments and experience would be appreciated....thanks....gig 'em
0311GRUNT View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0311GRUNT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 21:49
I KNOW I WILL CATCH A TON OF CRAP FOR SAYING THIS BUT HERE GOES......MY BROTHER HAS AN NC-STAR MARK4 MILDOT....THIS USUALLY COMES WITH INTEGRAL QD MOUNT...THIS OPTIC WHICH I THINK RUN LIKE 120-150 BUCKS IS AWESOME FOR THE PRICE....IT HOLD GREAT BZO EVEN WHEN TAKEN OFF AND PUT BACK ON THE RIFLE. THAT BEING SAID I WOULD RECOMMEND SAVING FOR SOMETHING ELSE AS I HAVE HAD BAD LUCK WITH CHEAP SCOPES AND I FINALLY REALIZED $$$$$=GOOD WHEN IT COMES TO GLASS......HOWEVER YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK OUT SS AS THEY SEEM QUITE WELL PUT TOGETHER AND HAVE DECENT GLASS.
You cant hit what you cant see
0311GRUNT View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0311GRUNT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 21:52
ALSO IF YOU FIND YOU WANT TO GO WITH SOMETHING W/O POWER I WOULD SUGGEST AIMPOINT AS THESE LITTLE BUGGERS ARE VERY VERY RUGGED AND YOU CAN STILL MAINTAINE 1-2 MOA AT 100 AND EVEN 200M. GREAT FOR THE AR-15 RIFLE AS SOME MODELS ALSO COME WITH BUILT IN BDC RETTICLE SPECIFIC TO THE 5.56
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 22:56
I have heard some reasonably good things about these from those in the know.

http://swfa.com/Barska-SWAT-Rifle-Scopes-C29.aspx
http://swfa.com/Barska-Tactical-Rifle-Scopes-C30.aspx View Post
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2009 at 20:44
Plex Burris 6x40 Fullfield II Rifle Scope
Stock # - 200052
Matte, Plex
$229.95
Add Burris 6x40 Fullfield II Rifle Scope to Cart 
I'd settle for a tough scope that will keep on working in spite of abuse rather than something with lots of bells and whistles.  There is very little that is as tough and useful as a fixed 6x42 scope.  It is low enough power to be able to hand hold it and shoot. It is low enough power to acquire targets under 100 yds fairly easily.  You are never on the wrong power and there is no setting which can be out of adjustment its ready to go -  now.
A 6x42 scope has a 7mm exit eye pupil and will be as bright of an optic as you will find in low light.  Zero it at 200yds and see where it hits at 100 and 300 and you are set.
Hook-Em HornsWink
Dual-X Weaver 6x38 Classic K Rifle Scope
Stock # - 849418
Matte, Dual-X
$139.95
Add Weaver 6x38 Classic K Rifle Scope to Cart 

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - December/06/2009 at 20:48

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2009 at 20:54
Here is a  deal on something with all the bells and whistles

Vortex 6-24x50 Crossfire Rifle Scope
Stock # - CRFAO11MDT
Matte, Mil-Dot, A/O
$99.95
Add Vortex 6-24x50 Crossfire Rifle Scope to Cart

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
0311GRUNT View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0311GRUNT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2009 at 22:56
so what have you decided on texasaggie?
DFABOVE View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DFABOVE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2009 at 15:00
Check out the Bushnell Legend 2X7 32 mm.At 2 power you have fast target aquistion for CQB and super clear optics,covered by a lifetime warrantee at under 200.00 from SWFA. 
JB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic